PATH’s Center of Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) is committed to scaling Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in the low and middle-income countries. Our work spans the entire software development lifecycle from analysis of information systems to deployment and long-term use of those systems. The Digital Health team at PATH works with government ministries of health, information and communication technology companies, the global health sector, and donors to improve the design, development, interoperability, and implementation of management information systems.
Digital Square, an initiative within CoDE, is one of PATH’s innovative responses to Global Health challenges to be a driver of change. Conceived from the lessons of the inefficiencies and redundancies of investments in digital technologies—including mistakes made during the Ebola response—the initiative will bring global and regional actors together to create a new way of thinking about, and a new way of doing, development.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Program Associate for its Digital Square team. The Program Associate will support the Sr. Project Administrator and RPM and provide support to ensure smooth project implementation and help ensure that projects comply with PATH/Digital Square and funder policies. This position provides the opportunity to develop project management skills and research experience in a large international NGO while providing essential coordination and support to project staff. The Project Associate support includes updating providing cursory financial analysis, developing and maintaining activity schedules, monitoring timeliness / progress of project activities and deliverables, tracking assets, facilitating meetings, liaising with shared services partners that also provide support, preparing or reviewing documentation needed for funder reports, procurement, and invoices.
- Project Monitoring and Reporting:
- Support project planning, work plan development and monitoring, and reporting to ensure effective communications between donors, country teams, program partners.
- Support development or enhancement of tools/mechanisms for monitoring project progress.
- Collect and track submission of deliverables for reports to funders.
- Maintain project inventory.
- Assist with research design and implementation including desk and field studies, and research tools such as questionnaires and focus group guides.
- Contribute to the design and drafting of research findings, publications, blogs, fact sheets, briefs, project updates, tool kits, curricula, guidance documents, presentations, and donor reports.
Financial and Contractual:
- Cursory review of subaward and consultant invoices and financial reports for accuracy.
- Provide support to project teams on small procurements, as required.
- Assist Sr. PADM and project teams with subaward/consultant budget forecasting and tracking, providing analysis on budget status.
- Compile and facilitate submission of contract packages.
- Support the development or revision of manuals for project operational guidelines in consultation with Sr. PADM and Deputy Director of Operations.
- Advise staff and partners on policies and procedures.
- Facilitate and coordinate team meetings including agenda development, compiling and organizing relevant meeting materials.
- Provide guidance and direction to SPAs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and experience working in the global health space with specific emphasis on digital health.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor important and complex projects.
- Understanding of basic scientific and research concepts.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills, such as synthesizing research findings and content for proposal sections; adjusts to fit the audience the message.
- Strong organizational skills; high level of attention to detail; effectiveness under deadlines; and ability to work independently.
- Team-focused and collegial with the ability to interact with diverse colleagues and facilitate strong working relationships; adept at working closely with others over geographical distance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; diplomacy in communicating with a broad and diverse audience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Smartsheet and ability to learn financial systems/software.
- Bachelor’s degree required in in public health, international studies, public administration, or related field, preferred.
- PMDPro or equivalent certification.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format