Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Prior to establishment of Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC), remuneration and benefits payable to public officers were set through ad hoc Committees. Owing to the limited mandate of the foregoing Commissions and Committees, they only addressed remuneration and benefits in selected sectors and subsectors of the Public Service. The absence of a holist...
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Undertake appraisal of records periodically to continuously decongest storage space;
- Develop and implement file control systems to prevent any loss or misplacement of records;
- Scan documents to provide for faster retrieval of information;
- Generate registry forms;
- Sensitize action officers on the need to comply with legislation on records management as provided in the existing Acts and circulars;
- Preserve Commission records for posterity;
- Maintain an updated data base of incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Dispatch all received correspondence to the relevant office for action;
- File letters in their subject files for easier retrieval;
- Regular update of the filing index;
- Maintain both confidential and open personal files to ensure integrity of information;
- Make recommendation for disposal of archived records;
- Arrange and classify information material for ease of retrieval;
- Attend and direct stakeholders as they come to follow up their submitted cases;
- Review records retention schedules and governmental record keeping requirements to ensure that procedure and legislations for archival storage, reducing paper records wherever possible, or for destroying obsolete or unnecessary records are maintained;
- Ensure longevity of records through proper file handling and maintenance;
- Provide feedback to enhance business processes and initiate process improvement to achieve operational excellence; and
- Develop individual work plans, monitor own performance and seek requisite support to ensure delivery of agreed targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science in Archives/Records Management from a recognized university.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Certificate in Records Management.
- Knowledge of Electronic Data Management System (EDMS) will be an added advantage
Previous relevant work experience required.
- Three (3) years of service in a comparable position from a reputable organization
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with detailed Curriculum vitae, Copy of national ID, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Details of the positions are in the Commission website.
Upon being successful and granted an offer of employment, the successful candidate MUST present clearances and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
2010 by providing copies of the following documents;
- A valid tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI);
- A valid Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- A valid Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) (Must provide certificate or report); and
- A Valid Clearance form from the Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC)
Application to be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
To be received on or before 12th April, 2023.
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, marginalized and minority groups who meet the job specifications are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.