All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Scoping of work: responsible for scoping the portfolio of projects for the Garage.
- Product development: responsible for managing a well performing team of innovators to deliver the Garage’s innovation portfolio.
- Networking and representation and advocacy: responsible for exploring possible collaboration opportunities with other actors (humanitarian, private sector, academia, donors), representing NRC in relevant fora.
- Conceptualising and testing new approaches: responsible for ensuring that new approaches are conceptualised and tested based on identified promising practice in NRC and from other actors.
- Documenting what works and sharing learning: responsible for putting in place a sound framework to measure progress of the Garage portfolio in line with NRC’s innovation approach.
- Technical support: responsible for ensuring that technical support is available for innovators developing projects in the Garage.
- Fundraising: Responsible for resource mobilisation in support of innovation in the Garage.
- Lead on the development and delivery of Innovation Garage strategy and operationalize its vision in consultation with the EaY Regional Management Team and HO
- Ensure a clear understanding within the organization the role and mutual benefits of engaging in the Innovation Garage
- Document innovation case studies from across the Region and share lessons from Innovation Garage widely within NRC
- Conduct networking, represent and communicate the work of the Innovation Garage with external stakeholders
- Training: provide colleagues at regional and country level with training in innovation best practice and NRC methodologies, processes and tools.
- Assistance: support regional and country office colleagues in the identification and design of innovative solutions and their further development, as appropriate.
- Portfolio management: manage the innovation portfolio of the region, providing periodic updates to senior management on status and progress.
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
- Relevant Qualification to Master’s Level in a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant Manager/Adviser experience Experience from leading scoping exercises
- Experience in product development using agile methodologies
- Experience in leading teams of technical experts
- Experience engaging and negotiating with a variety of stakeholders
- Able to represent organisation at a strategic level
- Knowledge of innovation best practice and methodologies
- Practical experience of scaling innovation in a challenging context
- Understanding of use of technology and digital tools in support of innovation
- The ability to code is an asset.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. French, Arabic and/or Spanish is an asset.
The following competencies are essential for this position:
- Empowering and building trust
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
- Driving process
- This role is on a 6 month contract.
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya - the East Africa & Yemen Regional Office
Travel: up to 50% within region and other travel outside of region if required
Duration of contract: 6 months with probability extension subject to good performance and availability of funding