Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Dalberg is committed to global development and innovation, and offers a variety of advisory services across the international development sector. Comprised of Dalberg Global Development Advisors, D. Capital & Dalberg Research, our platform provides high-level strategic, policy and investment advice to the leadership of key institutions, corporations and ...
Reporting to the Primary Research Manager, you will be tasked with the successful delivery of research projects by undertaking research design, data collection and analysis and producing insightful, stimulating reports. You will take the lead in managing and delivering research projects, from scoping through to methodology and report writing, including managing, and developing client relationships.
In addition, you will be an active member of the team, contributing to internal knowledge sharing, best practice development and team engagement. This is a great opportunity to use your existing team engagement and technical skills, while growing your capabilities within a rapidly expanding company.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Social Science or a related field with current membership/accreditation to at least one relevant national/international professional body.
- At least 7 years’ experience with at least 2 years at a supervisory level managing and leading the execution of large research projects.
- High level knowledge and exposure to quantitative and qualitative research methods and practices.
- Experienced and skilled in research methodologies, analysis, working with web analytics data and tools.
- Research design, such as devising interview and focus group topic guides, questionnaires, surveys, and evaluation frameworks.
- Able to determine, synthesize and develop research solution to deliver insights to client.
- Ability to drive documentation of processes to ensure utmost accountability to client expectations, highest level of integrity and upholding practice code of ethics throughout project execution.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, advanced excel skills, project management tools and techniques.
- Expertise with Excel, PowerPoint, preferably SPSS/SAS and time-series analysis tool, NVivo.
- Hands on experience in managing end to end project.
Skills and Key Competencies
- Ability to provide gainful insights and pragmatic solutions to Dalberg Research clients with a bias towards action and resolving issues quickly.
- Good research, problem analysis and reporting skills.
- Team supervisory skills: the ability to inspire, direct and review the work of staff with strong technical skills and insights.
- High level of pro-activity, initiative, energy, enthusiasm, and professionalism.
- Well organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and coordinating efforts of different project teams.
- Effective networker, persuasive with the ability to influence people positively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to provide clarity to staff, stakeholders, and contractors – all of whom may have very low to very high ranges of technical expertise.
- Unquestionable integrity, open inclusivity, culturally aware and respectful.
- You must also be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in and commitment to the field.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Research Manager role covers a range of ad-hoc projects, typically involving quantitative and qualitative research, working with clients locally and internationally. With our focus on developing new and better research methods and sophisticated analysis techniques, this role offers the opportunity to gain experience of several novel and exciting approaches to conducting research and interpreting data.
- Take the lead on the day-to-day management of a range of client accounts and be the first point of contact for these accounts - ensuring that customer expectations are managed and fulfilled in a pro- active manner.
- Deliver a wide range of social research expertise; qualitative research such as focus group discussions, key informant interviews, ethnography and observational research; quantitative research such as longitudinal research, monitoring and evaluation as well as quasi methodology research.
- Work with the Primary Research Manager and Research Director in business development from new and existing clients and proactively identify new business opportunities both in terms of research services and policy markets. Lead proposal and concept development and regularly update the projects Quals to support competitive proposal development.
- Plan and manage resources effectively, including financial budgets.
- Design quantitative and qualitative research tools and methods as well as conduct primary qualitative research and source secondary research.
- Analyze, interpret, report and deliver qualitative and quantitative data. This includes producing insightful reports and other final outputs of projects (e.g. client presentations) to guide client decision-making process.
- Develop and maintain our positive relationships with clients, acting as the main point of contact for the assigned projects.
- Take an active part in / lead workshops and other collaborative sessions to analyze and model findings and develop conclusions.
- Coordinate and organize teams and tasks, ensure project remains on task; and provide regular follow-up to on tasks to ensure that all project deadlines are met.
- Contribute to the development and profile of our research expertise with clients, partners and key influencers.
- Lead a team of junior researchers through supporting them in managing projects and training on research methodologies.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and encourage the professional growth and development of staff in emerging areas of research where DR operates.