Support the Enterprise Architect in analysing, exploring and investigating the organisational processes and systems, by designing, transforming and managing Medair’s application landscape, in order to improve, implement and maintain systems and to address changes within Medair through technology. The Senior Functional Analyst role will support in solving technical issues, user administration (including role concepts) and systems configuration. He will also provide technical administration for the implemention of a new ERP based on Microsoft Dynamics 365 technology.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Engineering or similar. Any additional specialisation would be an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a relevant field of work.
- Demonstrated experience in business systems analysis, design and system testing. Manage multiple projects.
- Experience handling helpdesk tickets from internal/external users (such as Jira).
- Knowledge of enterprise business systems (ERP) and analytics (preferred), especially in the areas of Finance, Logistics and /or HR. Business Process Mapping (BPMN 2.0, UML, etc).
- System integration and Data Analysis (awareness of APIs, Data Modelling techniques) and skills in the BI tools Qlikview and Qliksense will be considered highly desirable.
- Programming skills desirable: SQL, Perl, VBA, etc. Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Microsoft Azure, Dynamics AX, and Salesforce experience an advantage.
- Experience in developing processes and creating end-user documentation.
- Basic understanding of Project Management tools and general project steps.
- Self-driven, proactive, disciplined. Challenging others and being challenged in return.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills. Flexible team player with positive attitude.
- Proactively analyse, document and process improvement opportunities including with regard to governance a range of functional area such as Finance, HR and SCM as well as Donor and Beneficiary oriented processes.
- Proactively engage with department leaders and users to understand how data-driven changes to process, products, services, software and hardware can improve efficiencies and add value.
- Identify and prioritise technical and functional requirements, obtaining feedback and gaining approval to implement changes. Maximise the strategic use of applications/systems used by Medair.
- Manage the product backlog and present sprint proposals and reviews to different stakeholders.
- Documents business requirements and creates detailed functional/technical system specifications.
- Be part of internal and cross-cutting projects to ensure the alignment of business processes and solutions, and manage the integration of systems.
- Translate business requirements into logical, component-based technical designs.
- Perform administration / configuration / data migration / integration duties on select systems in accordance with project objectives. Create and design technical specification documentation.
- Drive resolution of issues that come up during the deployment phase of projects.
- Implement, coordinating tests and observing initiation of the system to validate performance.
Data Quality Management
Ensure accuracy of input data, output data and data migration with special emphasis on using our internal BI/Analytics tools. Evaluate issue patterns and operational functions to plan and recommend process improvement and possible system upgrades.
User Support and Training
- Stay up to date: use existing trainings, (community) resources, and develop skills and knowledge about the latest features. Train users accordingly. Provide second level support to users.
- Work with contracted service providers and other technical groups to resolve system issues.
- Awareness of current developments in the area of technology, methodologies (Agile/Scrum, etc) and the ability to identify gaps in the process and propose improvements within the systems workflow or business processes.
Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.