Support the Enterprise Architect in analysing, exploring and investigating the organisational processes and systems, by designing, transforming and managing Medair’s application landscape, in order to improve, implement and maintain systems and to address changes within Medair through technology. The Senior Functional Analyst role will support in solving technical issues, user administration (including role concepts) and systems configuration. He will also provide technical administration for the implemention of a new ERP based on Microsoft Dynamics 365 technology.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Engineering or similar. Any additional specialisation would be an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a relevant field of work.
- Demonstrated experience in business systems analysis, design and system testing. Manage multiple projects.
- Experience handling helpdesk tickets from internal/external users (such as Jira).
- Knowledge of enterprise business systems (ERP) and analytics (preferred), especially in the areas of Finance, Logistics and /or HR. Business Process Mapping (BPMN 2.0, UML, etc).
- System integration and Data Analysis (awareness of APIs, Data Modelling techniques) and skills in the BI tools Qlikview and Qliksense will be considered highly desirable.
- Programming skills desirable: SQL, Perl, VBA, etc. Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Microsoft Azure, Dynamics AX, and Salesforce experience an advantage.
- Experience in developing processes and creating end-user documentation.
- Basic understanding of Project Management tools and general project steps.
- Self-driven, proactive, disciplined. Challenging others and being challenged in return.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills. Flexible team player with positive attitude.
- Proactively analyse, document and process improvement opportunities including with regard to governance a range of functional area such as Finance, HR and SCM as well as Donor and Beneficiary oriented processes.
- Proactively engage with department leaders and users to understand how data-driven changes to process, products, services, software and hardware can improve efficiencies and add value.
- Identify and prioritise technical and functional requirements, obtaining feedback and gaining approval to implement changes. Maximise the strategic use of applications/systems used by Medair.
- Manage the product backlog and present sprint proposals and reviews to different stakeholders.
- Documents business requirements and creates detailed functional/technical system specifications.
- Be part of internal and cross-cutting projects to ensure the alignment of business processes and solutions, and manage the integration of systems.
- Translate business requirements into logical, component-based technical designs.
- Perform administration / configuration / data migration / integration duties on select systems in accordance with project objectives. Create and design technical specification documentation.
- Drive resolution of issues that come up during the deployment phase of projects.
- Implement, coordinating tests and observing initiation of the system to validate performance.
Data Quality Management
Ensure accuracy of input data, output data and data migration with special emphasis on using our internal BI/Analytics tools. Evaluate issue patterns and operational functions to plan and recommend process improvement and possible system upgrades.
User Support and Training
- Stay up to date: use existing trainings, (community) resources, and develop skills and knowledge about the latest features. Train users accordingly. Provide second level support to users.
- Work with contracted service providers and other technical groups to resolve system issues.
- Awareness of current developments in the area of technology, methodologies (Agile/Scrum, etc) and the ability to identify gaps in the process and propose improvements within the systems workflow or business processes.
Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
go to method of application »
Lead a geographically disbursed team of Information Management (IM) Officers to oversee their contribution to Medair’s Global IM activities. The role will work closely with the IMpact Project Manager to ensure implementation of newly developed tools across all of Medair’s country programs. The IM-SSC Team Leader will actively integrate and collaborate with Medair IM focal points in all Medair Country Programs; managing client relationships, scoping, consulting and IM tool implementation. The job holder will ideally have a strong background managing IT Projects and ideally will also have experience working in the Humanitarian or Development sectors – with all of the understanding of the difficulty of working in conflict and natural disaster situations.
- Degree in Informatics, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Knowledge or certifications of Qlik, DHIS2, ArcGIS, ODK is a strong advantage.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French desirable.
- 2 years’ IT Project Management experience is desirable.
- 3 years’ experience in applications development, information management, business intelligence.
- Experience working in Agile teams preferred. Experience building and managing a remote team of people. Knowledge and experience of change management.
- Humanitarian knowledge of best practice in the field is an advantage – Medair experience is preferred.
- Solid understanding and experience with data modelling, data architecture, data protection and retention, and other information management disciplines to support a global organization.
- Strong planning and analytical skills. Experience in database management and mobile technologies.
Team leadership /Line Management
- Remotely line-manage IM Officers in the Shared Service Centre by providing guidance and timely feedback, and lead by example to demonstrate accountability and professionalism.
- Develop training and knowledge transfer plans so that members of the team can continue to grow in their roles and ensure proper coverage in case of staff absence or departure.
- In conjunction with the IT Applications Manager, plan field trips for team members, and coordinate resources for short-term support to country programs where necessary.
Shared Service Centre
- Create a Global IM Community of Practice (CoP) across all country programs, and drive a pipeline of innovative ideas into the IMpact program working group.
- Monitor work queues and allocate technical trouble-shooting resources according to Jira queue.
- Communicate regularly with the country IM focal points to integrate and share innovative IM developments from these countries in the overall IM service plan.
- Work closely with the IMpact Project Manager to ensure new tools are received through the pipeline and plan to implement and maintain these solutions across country programs.
- Provide senior level of IM Support to create assessments and surveys, GIS maps, reports and dashboards for country programs. Design, develop and maintain Qlik, DHIS2, ArcGIS, ODK and other relevant software to provide IM services in the form of electronic data collection forms, databases, and interactive dashboards.
- Provide training and assistance to IM focal points based in country programs in the most recently available technologies available for IM related requirements.
- Build a training program of data protection/data literacy to be rolled out across all Medair country programs.
- Support and repair issues related to assessments, surveys, GIS maps, reports and dashboards.
- Coordinate and ensure an effective IM implementation, including refining standard data collection tools and scripting routine processes; managing effective information sharing and dissemination to all stakeholders.
- Create new IM change proposals and provides specialist advice on information management.
- Create and maintains an inventory of information assets, which are subject to relevant legislation.
- Contribute to the development of policy, standards and procedures for compliance with legislation.
- Set standards for operational, geographical and population data. Maintain and distribute standards to IM colleagues and partner NGOs.
- Applications and Information Management Strategy
- Development of a roadmap to upgrade and standardise the applications infrastructure across all country programs, outsourcing activities to focus on activities that are unique and cost-effective for Medair to maintain.
Communicate to country management and country advisors on the services offered by the Shared Service Centre. Work with country programmes to conceptualise with stakeholders IM tools customized to the priority needs and develop this in an IM improvement project.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
- This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.