Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
- To manage and sustain a relationship with Business Banking customers, building long-term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business. This is achieved particularly through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service.
- The primary objective is to maximize sustainable risk-adjusted / EP portfolio contribution.
- The jobholder will additionally be responsible for business development both with new customers and with his/her existing portfolio.
Sales and Service
- Conduct annual review of customers’ borrowing facilities (and interim review if customer circumstances [risk profile] dictate).
- Consult customer owners/managers on financial/credit issues and general business practice/ideas.
- Determine the key messages, e.g. agreed service standards, negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points (including introductions to new personnel) and new product changes. Calculating the most appropriate means of communicating them to customers.
- Deal with, and find resolutions for, customer complaints.
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers needs and be able to sell these, at short notice, both reactively and proactively.
- Plan and co-ordinate any marketing approaches for new business and actively develop existing relationships. Co-ordinate approaches to the portfolio by businesses across the Group.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to risk service standards.
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business.
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Prioritization Guidelines to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Gather all the required information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications. Role holder will be expected to input certain key information such as judgmental information (They will work closely with SME Credit)
- Monitor and control the quality of the portfolio using “Condition of Sanction” triggers where possible and in accordance with RM guidelines and Bank policy.
- Manage “Early Warning List” customers to reduce risk, following H.O. and Regional guidance provided.
- Adhere to procedures and guidelines within the BB RMCD.
- Day-to-day support to Enterprise Bankers and branch staff in provision of consistent service quality and risk.
- Manage own leave plan.
- Offer support as per business request.
Risk & Control Objective
“Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Bank Kenya Plc Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
Technical skills / Competencies
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Managing relationships
- Personal organization
- Self development
- Working with others
- Active listening
- Analytical thinking
- Writing and Reporting
Skills required to undertake the role:
- Relationship skills
- Risk skills
- General Corporate skills
- Leadership and team skills
- Product skills
- Presenting and Communicating information
Knowledge of the bank’s products, services and policies required to undertake the role:
- The jobholder will be required to have a detailed knowledge of the core set of Business Banking products.
- For Complex products, a good knowledge will be required sufficient to:-
- Recognize the changing needs of the customer.
- Identify products/service that best satisfies customer need.
- Introduce the product/service.
- Co-ordinate the introduction of the relevant Group product specialist.
- Deal with customers directly as required.
- A good knowledge of the products & services available in the Personal Sector is also required to satisfy the individual financial needs of business owners/key individuals.
- The jobholder will require a broad understanding of policies and strategies across the Group as they relate to the demands of the customer base.
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- Must have good knowledge on:-
- Enterprise banking
- Customer relationship management
- Team management
Training likely to assist effectiveness in the role, and which may have been completed prior to undertaking this role:
- Risk assessment and management
- Presentation, influencing and negotiating
Additional details of exceptional aspects of the demands of the role:
- Required to form relationships with customers, therefore minimum tenure will be 2 years.
- The jobholder will need to be able to communicate in such as way as to ensure their ongoing credibility when dealing with financial controllers of companies, in addition to owner-managers.
- The jobholder’s portfolio will consist of a full range of Business Banking customers, including the more challenging customers, who will often be subject to competitive approaches from other banks.
- Business development activity will be similarly demanding.
National Diplomas and Advanced Certificates: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)