Are you a software developer with a mobile and UI/UX background? Are you looking for a remote job? Then we have the opportunity for you!
We are an American based remote company, looking to hire a Mobile Engineer with a knack for user experience and understanding of the Mobile Commerce space, specifically in Fin-tech, located within Africa, to join our exciting remote team. We are one of the first movers to bringing Cryptocurrency to the masses in Africa and the Middle East.
As a Mobile Engineer, you will make an extremely high impact on a small, fast scaling team. You'll have the ability to help build a product used by thousands of people by taking full ownership of the product.
Top candidates are clear communicators who are highly self-motivated; eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, apply new skills and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code.
Job Type: Remote
Salary: Based on experience
- Previous experience within financial markets
- Solid experience with building mobile apps using Flutter and deploying/reviewing those apps to the Google Play and Apple App stores.
- NodeJS, NUXT, Serverless Framework, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, AWS SQS a Bonus addition to your toolbox
- Experience in a software development environment, with capability in back-end development and/or depth of experience with at least one modern front-end framework (React, Vue, AngularJS, etc.)
- Experience driving technical projects, prioritising work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decisions and cross-functional team discussions
- Experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant
- Ability to work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you
- Comfortable collaborating closely with product managers and designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team's roadmap
- Being a thoughtful communicator—some teams are partially or fully distributed so effective written communication is key
- Set technical direction and own the architecture and implementation of features
- Provide guidance and assistance in helping knock down walls and a clear path towards work completion
- Provide clear and concise communication regarding feature development statuses to the team and stakeholders
- Plan, supervise and manage releases for the work the squad is performing
- Define, Contribute and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross-functional teams
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritise work
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: teamwork, humility, and ownership
- Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code for the future (and present) of the company’s platform
- Exude your upbeat energy and enthusiasm each and every day to motivate your team to be the best they can in every aspect of what they do
- Celebrate the success of others by recognising the contributions of committed team members and their achievements
- Align your values with the Mission, Vision and Values with our team
- Be a role model for our culture by creating a positive impact at every touchpoint with people, with every word you say or put in print and everything you do
- Communicate in a fashion that is respectful and well understood
- Collaborate with your peers to collectively think of innovative ideas that drive business through technology
- Build and utilise working relationships with internal business partners across the organisation and external business contacts
Type of person: Critical thinking, strong in your domain and can engage and lead some of the largest most intimidating companies in the world