The overall objective of the Micro-Enterprises Support Programme Trust (MESPT) is to promote economic growth, employment creation and poverty alleviation through support to enterprises. MESPT works with intermediaries that provide financial or business development services to improve the performance of enterprises. The aim is to strengthen financial intermed...
Read more about this company
JOB REF: MSEA/01/06/2021
Reporting to the Director General, The Director oversees the coordination and supervision of the Micro and Small business development services, marketing, and trade activities and programmes including the Authority’s field operations in all counties with a view of making the micro and small enterprises globally competitive.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Oversee the business development services, marketing and trade programs for the Micro and Small Enterprises;
- Oversee the Authority’s field offices in all the 47 counties across the country;
- Oversee the development and execution of programmes for Business Development Services, Marketing and Trade for the Micro and Small Enterprise sector;
- Provide leadership in the implementation of the strategic plan in relation to the promotion, development and regulation of the micro and small enterprises sector;
- Oversee the directorate’s development of annual business plans for the Authority and recommend to the Management Committee.
- Oversee the directorate’s implementation of the Board’s decisions and resolutions;
- Spearhead the directorate’s Human Capital performance management;
- Provide support in the formulation, implementation and review of the Authority’s policies, procedures, strategies, standards and guidelines;
- Facilitate the maintenance of micro and small enterprises segregated data to inform national policy formulation;
- Provide leadership in the mobilization of resources including donors in support of micro and small enterprises programmes and projects;
- Spearhead the involvement of youth, gender and persons with disabilities in the directorate’s activities and programs;
- Foster the development and strengthening of effective collaboration and partnerships with organs of National and County governments, government agencies, regional and international organizations, the private sector, non-governmental organizations and other stakeholders;
- Provide leadership and support in the registration of Micro and Small enterprises in Kenya;
- Promote and facilitate research to national inform policy, product development and patenting in the micro and small enterprises sector;
- Facilitate the earmarking and zoning out of land for the development of micro and small enterprises.
- Spearhead the development and implementation of sound risk management framework, business continuity plans and corporate governance activities of the directorate to sustain stability;
- Spearhead the directorate in the promotion of the corporate image of the Authority through marketing and regional branding and representation;
- Facilitate the development, maintenance and operationalization of infrastructure for development of Micro and Small Enterprises in Kenya;
- Facilitate the effective administration of the Micro and Small Enterprises Fund;
- Undertake such other directorate functions related to the implementation of the Micro and Small Enterprises Act 2012
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Provide leadership of the directorate in the day-to-day operations to ensure smooth functioning and efficiency within the directorate;
- Formulate capacity building, marketing and trade programs for micro and small enterprises;
- Develop and promote micro and small enterprises to access local and global markets;
- Facilitate innovation in the development and adaptation of products by the micro and small enterprises;
- Facilitate technology development, acquisition and transfer by the micro and small enterprises;
- Coordinate, compile and present quarterly reports on the directorate for consideration and action by the Management, and submission to the Board Committees;
- Act as a liaison between the Management and Directorate Staff to ensure the seamless flow of information that will enable the Management to make informed decisions;
- Keep all documents and records including records of all assets of the directorate;
- Coordinate implementation of resolutions of the Management and Board on the directorate;
- Oversee post Covid 19 recovery programs in the directorate and among the MSEs;
- Exercise and perform any other functions which the Management may determine from time to time.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this position, a candidate Must have: -
- Twelve years of experience five (5) of which should have been served in a Senior Management position as Deputy Director of Enterprise Development or in a comparable position in public or private sector;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: - Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Strategic Management, Agri-Business, Marketing Enterprise Development/Entrepreneurship, Natural Sciences, Business Management from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: - Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Strategic Management, Agri-Business, Marketing Enterprise Development/Entrepreneurship, Business Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Project Management lasting not less than two (2) weeks or a comparable qualification from a recognized institution;
- Leadership Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated ability and professional competence in developing, supervising and executing the enterprise development function and ability to relate into national goals and objectives.
- Membership to a professional body.
Duration of Assignment
This will be a Four (4) year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
go to method of application »
JOB REF MSEA/KYEOP/01/2021
Section / Unit N/A
Location / Work Station MSEA Regional Offices
Senior Assistant Director Business Development/ Enterprise Development
- Senior Enterprise Development Officer (1)
- County Enterprise Development Officer (1)
- Enterprise Development Officers (1)
- Enterprise Development Assistant (1)
- Manufacturing and Agribusiness Officer (1)
- Other support Staff
Implement the Authority’s mandate in the assigned region/ County to enhance the operating environment for micro and small enterprises in Kenya and guide them to thrive and be globally competitive.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Assist to develop and implement policies, projects and programmes in relation to Micro and Small Enterprises in the assigned region;
- Implement the strategic plan in relation to the core mandate of the Authority;
- Prepare and coordinate performance contracts, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of projects and programs relating to or affecting MSEs;
- Set performance targets, develop work plans and implement them in compliance with the Authority’s plans and vision;
- Organize workflow and implement ensuring effective performance of duties;
- In liaison with headquarters, supervise the development, refurbishment, operationalization and utilization of the Authority’s Infrastructure Projects in the assigned region;
- Develop, nurture and implement partnerships with relevant stakeholders to enhance business performance of micro and small enterprises;
- Develop, nurture, maintain and strengthen effective collaboration and partnerships with organs of Government and Government agencies, County Governments, Regional and international organizations, private sector, non-governmental organizations and other Stakeholders;
- Undertake such other functions related to the implementation of the promotion and development objectives of the Micro and Small Enterprises Act 2012.
- Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Implement programmes to facilitate research, product development and patenting in the micro and small enterprises sector;
- Assist in conducting research on business development services and marketing needs of MSEs;
- Implement programmes to enhance access to markets by micro and small enterprises;
- Assist to implement programmes to promote innovation by micro and small enterprises;
- Initiate and promote innovation and development of products by micro and small enterprises;
- Assist to design and implement capacity building programmes for micro and small enterprises;
- Assist by facilitating technology development, acquisition and transfer by micro and small enterprises;
- Initiate and Implement linkages for product development and patenting in the micro and small enterprises sector;
- Develop reports on the Authority’s programmes and projects in the assigned region;
- Support MSE Registration activities in the assigned region;
- Liaise with stakeholders on program development and implementation;
- Prepare periodic and quarterly reports;
- Prepare budget estimates for the assigned region’s activities and work plan;
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Authority/County Strategic Plans;
- Disseminate information about MSE Fund;
- Develop proposals for operationalization of CIDCs and Coordinating their utilization;
- Implement post Covid 19 recovery programs for the MSE sector in Kenya;
- Exercise and perform other functions which the Authority may determine from time to time.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: - Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Strategic Management, Agri-Business, Natural Sciences, Marketing, Enterprise
- Development/Entrepreneurship, Business Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: - Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Strategic Management, Agri-Business, Marketing, Enterprise Development/Entrepreneurship, Business Management.
- Certificate in Project Management lasting not less than two weeks or a comparable qualification from a recognised institution.
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four weeks from a recognised institution
- Certificate in entrepreneurship course lasting not less than four weeks from a recognised institution
- Certificate in computer application skills
- Demonstrated high administrative and leadership capabilities.
- Previous relevant work experience required.
go to method of application »
JOB REF MSEA/KYEOP/01/2021
The Project Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting in ensuring efficient and effective utilization of Kenya Youth Employment and Opportunities Project Component 2 funds in line with the financing agreement and Project Operations Manual
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing and implementing the World Bank financial management system as outlined in the PAD
- Assist in generation of all financial reports including quarterly IFR for the project funding using the Management Information System in place;
- Assist in implementing the accounting and administrative control procedures for the disbursement of the proceeds of the KYEOP to ensure that all transactions are executed only upon proper authorization.
- Assist in maintaining proper accounting and administrative records for all the KYEOP funded project activities to ensure smooth and timely retrieval of records
- Assist in preparing the Annual Budget of the KYEOP funded activities based on the annual work plan and procurement plan
- Assist in consolidating and reporting the financial status and performance of all the KYEOP funded activities, monthly, quarterly and annually as provided for in the approvedoperation manual
- Assist in maintaining proper records and accurate books of accounts to reflect the PMU’s operation and financial condition to be provided timely for any audit review.
- Assist in submitting requests for withdrawal application, specifying the amount of funds needed accompanied by a cash flow forecast based on the budgeted activities
- Assist in submitting monthly bank reconciliations accompanied by a copy of the bank statement.
- Assist in ensuring proper integration of accounting information in the MIS
- Assist in providing a detailed budget analysis on an annual basis showing clearly status to date and projection to the end of project.
- Assist in facilitating internal audits, annual external audit, Fiduciary audit and visits by the World Bank supervision staff to review the accounting and procurement documentation and records and to ensure also compliance with governance procedures.
- Assist in providing timely support in financial evaluation during procurement processes.
- Performa any other duty as assigned by your supervisor.
Qualifications and experience
The Project Finance Assistant will be expected to have sound financial management knowledge and experience. Specifically
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance or Accounting or related field from a recognized university
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA finalist)
- At least one-year experience in financial management
- Demonstrated knowledge of Government Financial Management procedures will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- IT skills mostly in Accounting Capacity to wok under pressure and meet tight schedules and deadlines with minimal supervision
Duration of Assignment
This will be a Six (6) months’ contract. The expected commencement date is July, 2021.
Method of Application
All Shortlisted candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of leadership and integrity as set out in Chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya and produce the following documents when attending the interview: -
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Clearance Certificate (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority Tax Compliance Certificate (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board Clearance Certificate(HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
- Original Academic Certificates
- Certified Copies of Original Academic and Professional Certificates
- Other testimonials
Candidates who meet the requirements are invited to apply by filing the MSEA Job Application Form and Job Application summary and send to the email [email protected] so as to be received not later than 19th July, 2021.
MSEA is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing of any form shall lead to automatic disqualification
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.