Job Number: REF25631Z
Part of the global Solutions org, Visa Innovation & Design is a global client facing organization that sets Visa’s public innovation agenda, supports our clients accelerate their innovation agenda and transform their consumer digital experiences, and promotes hands on incubation and rapid prototyping to demonstrate the art of the possible for clients and partners. Innovation & Design runs innovation centers in various regional offices, this function focuses on Visa’s CEMEA region. Reporting Directly to the Head of Visa’s Nairobi Innovation Studio, the Director - Innovation Engagements is a key leader defining the future of commerce in Visa’s Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) region. The individual will partner Visa’s ecosystem partners (banks, merchants, FinTechs, internet companies) to discover opportunities and co-create innovative new solutions.
As a Director, Innovation Engagements, you'll be a key leader driving Visa’s new way of partnering our ecosystem to innovate. You’ll be running 6-8 week engagements with our most strategic key partners and clients to identify opportunities to innovate with the user in mind, build solutions that address user needs, and ensuring those solutions succeed in the market. The six week engagements will culminate in a three-day sprint, where you’ll use best in class HCD and agile techniques to make magic happen. Throughout the engagement, the joint partner + Visa team will be under your leadership and vision to build something that will succeed in market, in record time. You'll be involved in the early stages of research, ideation and storytelling and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams through the iteration and implementation process. A natural collaborator, you'll lead co-creation engagements, bringing together client partners, designers, technologists, product stakeholders and subject matter experts and inspire and lead solutioning discussions. This role would ideally suit someone looking to make a move from an Agency/Consultancy role into an in house role.
Lead Co-creation projects with Visa’s largest clients and strategic partners across SSA
- Run a cross-functional team of designers, engagement managers, product experts and technologists over a 6-week engagement culminating in a 2-4 day facilitated sprint
- Use best in class design thinking and agile methods to Discover, Design, Develop and Deploy new innovations
- Discover: Lead market immersions to understand user needs and preferences
- Design: Lead teams of designers and clients to build and quickly iterate new user journeys and prototypes
- Develop: Lead developers to build coded prototypes and target solution architectures that use Visa capabilities
- Deploy: Equip the client + Visa teams with strong rollout plans, governance, and business model tools to ensure that the co-created solution succeeds in market
- Use exceptional project management, facilitation and leadership skills to inspire the joint Visa + client / partner team to deliver their best through the six-week sprint
- Be equally effective running engagements in the Nairobi Innovation Studio or on-site in any of the SSA markets
- Develop robust, proactive pipeline of tangible collaboration/prototyping projects with clients/partners that will drive c-level sponsorship and engagement
- Build trusted advisor relationships with key clients and partners in the industry
- Lead and inspire large and diverse teams of 15-30 client + Visa staff for 6 weeks during co-creations, providing clear vision, direction, and allocating roles based on skills, strengths and need
- Lead (directly or indirectly) teams of engagement managers and designers, grooming them to independently run co-creation and design engagements
- Indirectly manage larger teams of designers, developers and product experts in swarm staffing models on co-creations
- Provide thought leadership in payments and related aspects, in order to develop a vision for specific areas of innovation, identify key innovation opportunities for Visa and our clients, and identify potential partners
- Build a repeatable and scalable client/partner engagement strategy, encompassing understanding of their innovation agenda and capabilities and communication of the Visa innovation agenda
- 12 – 15+ years of experience in top-tier consulting or strategy, with experience in technology working in client focused functions
- Proven capabilities in leading design thinking/co-creation engagements with virtual teams that include Managers and Executives at senior levels – communication, presence, thought leadership and gravitas
- Substantial client facing experience with the ability to translate client and partner needs into meaningful problem statements, engagements and tangible collaboration/prototyping outcomes
- Experience running customer experience centers focused on helping clients solve real business issues
- Outstanding facilitation skills, ideally with formal training and sprint management experience
- Strong project/program management skills to successfully manage multiple, concurrent work streams
- World-class client-facing skills and proven ability to engage with C-level executives and drive commercial outcomes
- Degree qualified in business and/or design. Post graduate qualifications highly desirable
- Formal qualifications in Human Centered Design/UX/Agile is a huge plus
go to method of application »
Visa is looking for a talented UI/UX Product Designer to join our Innovation & Design team. Join a dynamic group that conceives and designs new concepts and plays a pivotal role in collaborations with Visa partners, working with emerging technologies such as Internet of Things and card-less payments. This job is in Visa’s Innovation Studio in Nairobi, where we partner with Visa clients from across Sub Saharan Africa to create ground-breaking payments products and experiences and solve unique client problems.
The Designer will be part of product development projects that include ideation, iteration and testing. Projects are derived based on forces shaping how consumers earn, spend, and save. This role will also contribute to driving much of Visa’s global new product roadmap through applied exploration and development. You’ll apply user-centered design principles and work closely with stakeholders to conceive and design beautiful, useable and engaging product interfaces. You’ll be involved in the early stages of research and ideation and will collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams through the iteration and development process. You are an accomplished UX designer who is fluent with digital experiences across platforms.
Creating great UI is an important part of this role. This means creating both rapid UI prototypes as well as pixel perfect outcomes. This requires you to have a passion for building UI and you have a deep understanding and appreciation of how a delightful visual can drive user behavior and affect digital interactions. All of our team members are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who make every design decision an informed one. Each team member is trusted to independently manage their time and work, and make bold decisions using their best judgement. We value proven skills over big egos and thrive on positive, transparent teamwork.
- Design mobile, desktop and device specific experiences that are delightful and engaging
- Produce wireframes, visual designs, style guides and pattern libraries
- Create working UI prototypes that communicate the next generation commerce experiences (InVision or other similar product knowledge is a plus). As the sole UI designer in the Nairobi studio, this is a critical part of the role.
- Be comfortable and able to flex between rapid prototyping and building pixel perfect outcomes. E.g. on one project, out rapid UI prototypes in record time for iteration with clients; in another project, take final outputs to the highest standards of UX and UI design.
- Build a world-class User Experience solution that supports the needs of the Visa digital solutions team and products
- Present design concepts to Senior Leadership and external partners
- Gather and incorporate requirements and feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Understand and advocate for the consumer’s experience
- Foster a deep and rewarding collaboration with the Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, and our customers. Highly collaborative working is critical for success in the role
- As requested, facilitate ideation and user journey building breakout sessions
- Build the supporting documentation to insure success of a healthy User Experience team while delighting our customers.
- 5+ years in related role, experience in consumer payment, e-commerce is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge in computer and mobile platforms (Apple and Android)
- Passionate & practical about creating great user experiences to the point of obsession
- Experience designing world class user interfaces for the web and mobile
- Knowledge of visual, UI and interaction design principles with an eye for details and consistency
- Passionate about new web technologies and web techniques to help you build next gen user experiences
- Experience and understanding of Product Management and the agile process
- Be able to stand by your designs and provide solid rationale to back up your decision
- Set the tools standards for the team and be an expert in the use of those tools
- Proven ability to work independently, provide guidance and direction to help others attain their goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- B.S./B.A degree or relevant design qualifications