A Microsoft Recruiter in Engineering will be involved in the end to end hiring journey. From partnering with hiring managers to forecast needs within the business, to strategically project managing hiring processes. This role will allow you to work throughout an EMEA region, attracting top talent in the market.
- Interprets client’s business and the industry landscape and/or university talent pools to influence the client to adopt optimal staffing solutions.
- Understands factors relevant to the business and hiring managers' needs (e.g., time to hire, location, budget) and uses this knowledge to develop and implement end-to-end hiring plan aligned to the needs of the business group.
- Consults a business area on talent needs and opportunities and pushes for the acceptance of differentiated and alternative types of talent (e.g., compete, diverse, nontraditional) that may not be typically considered.
Data Analysis & Hiring Plans
- Analyzes relevant data and trends to provide insight, and consults with a business, area, or subsidiary to implement a hiring plan that addresses both business demand and talent availability for short-term and near-term needs (2-6 months). Reviews and analyzes data and trends to improve staffing performance, and uses insights to support other teams.
- Elicits interest in active and potential candidates by telling the business story, and contributes to the development of new stories. Generates awareness through community outreach events and strategic networking.
- Shares best practices on sourcing, recruiting, and/or closing techniques and stories with their own team. Tracks candidate activity and shares with internal stakeholders.
- Coaches the client to represent Microsoft’s unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards that are distinct from those of competitors.
- Gathers requirements and develops hiring plans that meet candidate needs throughout the hiring lifecycle. Owns elements of the candidate experience and prepares candidates for next phases of the process. Enhances the candidate experience at all phases of the relationship by proactively identifying factors that may adversely impact the candidate, and sharing with the business to mitigate.
- Uses an understanding of talent markets and complex candidate profiles, as well as growing relationships with new talent pools and communities with future potential, to identify and engage candidates for immediate and future talent needs.
- Develops strategies to generate differentiated talent in emerging roles or highly competitive talent pools to meet long-term business needs (e.g., industry, technical recruiting).
Candidate Assessment & Screening
- Leverages tools and assessment frameworks from Operations teams and Center of Excellence to assess candidates. May contribute to the creation of assessment materials by identifying relevant competencies and job criteria.
- Executes initial screening and assessing of candidates. Wualifies talent pool by assessing relevant factors such as ability to hire, relocation considerations, immigration, and compensation.
Operational Compliance & Excellence
- Uses subject matter expertise on applying internal and external staffing policies, standards, and/or regulations throughout the entire staffing lifecycle to educate clients, stakeholders, and other staffers on policy, system, and process issues. Identifies opportunities to optimize policies, systems, and processes.
- Maintains current documentation on candidates’ qualifications and status in the appropriate staffing or tracking system, within compliance guidelines (e.g., Office of Federal Compliance Programs, General Data Protection Regulation). Captures relevant data in recruiting platform and leverages data to inform meaningful insights
- Talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
go to method of application »
The Microsoft Search Assistance and Intelligence (MSAI) team is responsible for enabling intelligence in Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, Bing, and Microsoft Assistant. You would be part of the Knowledge team working on developing state of the art technologies to build an intelligent backend for a host of delightful and powerful user experiences aimed at improving everyday productivity of every Office 365 user and organization. Every single email, chat, document, meeting, search, or any interaction users have with office canvases further augments this knowledge by deep understanding of the user, helping us build user and tenant specific knowledge graphs, while strictly guaranteeing Microsoft’s promise to customer privacy, compliance, and trust.
The features benefiting from this range from the most basic features like autocompleting user queries in Microsoft Search to super ambitious ones like solution for enterprise knowledge management (Viva Topics). We are looking for highly motivated software engineers who are passionate about tackling interesting problems around knowledge mining, user understanding and writing high performance code to serve these intelligent solutions on our distributed systems operating at the scale of exabytes of data.
- Working with a team of software engineers and applied scientists you will be responsible for all stages of the research & development cycle including early ideation, design, implementation, scaling it internationally and finally ensuring that our live is stable and healthy.
- The implementations typically involve writing scalable, distributed, and highly efficient components and shipping large-scale backend services.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, ensure designs meet requirements as well as adhering to all the privacy and compliance guidelines in handling critical user data.
- Collaborating with other engineers to build demos and apps to be able to contribute new ideas.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science (or related fields like Electronic Engineering, Physics or Mathematics).
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms and algorithm optimizations.
- 4+ years of software design and development experience with backend services.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in any object-oriented programming language such as C++, C#, Java or Python.
- Experience in writing high-performance code and familiarity with map-reduce, spark.
- Experience in developing or applying predictive analytics, statistical modelling, data mining, or machine learning algorithms.
- Strong communication and interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
- Passion for learning and ramping up on new technologies and codebases.
- Data driven decision making.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.