We are looking for motivated leaders to join One Acre Fund’s Internal Consulting Team (ICT). ICT sharpens the organization’s strategy and supports other One Acre Fund teams at important junctures where additional analytical resources could have an meaningful impact. Above all we are looking for professionals who can effectively support teams across the organization on a variety of project types.
A Sample Of Recent Internal Consulting Team Work Includes
- Shaping One Acre Fund’s expansion strategy -To help the Kenya program hit its ambitious farmer growth targets, an analyst was challenged to develop a rigorous and scalable approach to expansion. The analyst embedded with the Kenya team for 3-6 months to implement the plan with field survey design, analysis, financial modeling, and a risk assessment. This model was then rolled out across all countries’ Field Operations teams, bringing OAF closer achieving its 2020 target of reaching one million farmers.
- Conducting a Kenya program health check-up – An analyst conducted a “health check-up” of our Kenya program to identify and resolve risks by examining management quality, hiring standards, and team culture and morale. The final prioritized list of takeaways and recommendations helped the Kenya leadership team increase the program’s overall efficiency and improve staff experience.
- Coordinating the Country Directors Working Group – Our Country Directors meet periodically in a working group that generates guidance for country programs and shares cross-country knowledge. An ICT analyst sets the working group’s agenda, structures topic discussions, and helps to connect the group to the organization’s goals.
- Connecting farmers to markets in Zambia – An ICT analyst is implementing a market access intervention to help provide more impact for farmers in Zambia. The project began with a comprehensive scan of market access interventions trialed by One Acre Fund and other organizations to develop a set of best practices and recommended designs. After selecting a design, the analyst worked with the Zambia team to implement the market access trial for maize and soybeans.
Analysts take full ownership of projects, from planning through execution and follow-up. They lead 1-3 projects at a time, manage at least one other team initiative, and are expected to tackle any type of project with a focus on solving the problem at hand. Experienced Analysts are sometimes also asked to take on direct management responsibilities for one of our Strategy Junior Analysts and help grow them into Analysts.
Career Growth and Development
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for extraordinary professionals with 2+ years of experience who will help take One Acre Fund to the next levels of impact and scale. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences: We are looking for candidates with experience solving complex, ambiguous problems in a structured way (e.g., management consultants, research managers, business analysts).
- Leadership experience, particularly in roles that demonstrate relationship management and driving results.
- Bonus for previous work experience directly serving executive-level leadership.
- Professional/technical skills, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (can build and maintain complex spreadsheets). Experience with other professional programs (e.g. R, STATA, Access) is a plus
- Outstanding responsiveness to feedback. We firmly believe that ability to act on feedback is the fastest way to grow. As a team, we give and expect to receive open and frank feedback, both to our reports and to our managers.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Language: English fluency required; proficiency in any languages spoken in East Africa is a bonus
go to method of application »
The Field Operations team is the heart of our program directly serving clients. As the Field Operations Director, you will directly manage our team of 3,000+ staff and lead the implementation of our high-impact program across four sub-teams: field execution, field deliveries, customer service, and field staff management. You will report directly to the Deputy Country Director – Program.
- Guide daily operations and set strategy to improve our largest country program
- Create strategies ensuring this team can continue 25%+ annual growth
- Improve daily execution, ensuring customer service is the forefront of our work
- Develop and grow our team of over 3,000 staff, across multiple regions in Kenya
- Improve sales, training, and portfolio management ability of field staff.
- Hire and mentor future leaders, to promote rapid career growth and program expansion.
- Promote customer-centricity across core operations, and increase program impact
- Ensure our customer-service remains focused on delivering real, tangible impact to customers
- Oversee and improve our training efforts, ensuring they are streamlined
- Shape country-level strategy
- As a member of the senior-leadership team, guide long-term strategy for the Kenya Program.
- Translate this strategy into improvement projects and execution plans for the Field Operations Team.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for professionals with 10+ years of relevant work experience, and a passion for serving smallholder farmers. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- 8+ years of managing a successful and large team
- Project management and execution: Ability to develop, plan, and execute complex programs across a large team
- Growth mindset: Enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
- Results-oriented: You set goals and take ownership of driving towards them
- Cross-cultural fluency: You will collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Leadership experience in the marketing sector is an advantage
- Strong educational background; minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- A willingness to commit to living in a rural area for at least two years
- English required; Kiswahili strongly preferred
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible.
This role is based in Kakamega. You may work up to 50% from another location of your choice.
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.