The I.T Assistant (Kisumu and Isiolo region) is responsible for first level support and deployment management for all end users in their assigned region, across several counties. This person plays a key role in RTI strategic education initiatives and must thrive under tight deadlines. This person will become the focal point of contact responsible for communications to all end users within their assigned region.
The I.T Assistant ensures that all software and hardware deployments are managed according to RTI policies, USAID regulations, standard operating procedures and good business practices.
- Asset management of all the ICT assets assigned in the region.
- Training: Provide training on hardware and software usage to end users in assigned region
- First tier support:
- Provide Technical support to all the Ministry of Education, ICT Authority and teacher Service commission ICT officer in the region.
- Provide timely 1st tier response to end users on software and hardware issues
- Communicate known bugs or issues effectively with end users and provide a short term solution to the bugs.
- Work collaboratively with end users to understand and gather bugs and enhancements on the software and hardware and communicate the same to the ICT for education specialist.
- Troubleshoot and reproduce problems and provide support for workarounds
- User Acceptance Testing:
- Perform user acceptance testing on the applications developed before deployments
- Deployment Support:
- Support the ICT for Education Specialist and IT Assistant in the roll-out of new hardware and software to end users in the assigned region
- Deliver software and hardware patches and upgrades to resolve issues
- Provide timely communication of change and release notices to end users
- Office IT support work
- First level of support for general IT support issues i.e. troubleshooting of Printer connections/setup, computer support and internet with escalations to the IT specialist for unresolved issues
- Monitoring of Internet Speeds and recording of any downtimes. First level sign off for ISP vendor payment
- Receiving and Verification of IT equipment delivered to the respective office
- Software Installations i.e. for Modems, Printers and Scanners
- Assist Office admin in filling Monthly IT Checklist ( to be shared)
- Laptops initial troubleshooting and delivery to Lenovo warranty centers (where possible) and confirmation of proper operation on Service/repair completion
- Classroom Observations
- Supporting of Curriculum Support Officers and other MoE officials in classroom observations
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor, DCOP or the COP.
Expectations on Time:
The I.T Assistant is expected to work during normal business hours; however, there may be frequent occasions where his/her assistance will be needed outside of work hours. To the greatest extent possible this need will be communicated to him/her in advance and personal obligations will be respected and honored as much as possible. That said flexibility and willingness to help meet critical project timelines and deliverables is important.
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Diploma in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of technical ICT support experience if Diploma level and 5 years of technical ICT support experience.
- A record of successful large scale software and hardware installations to tablets or mobile phones.
- Experience in end to end applications testing.
- Experience training and supporting remote end users
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to learn quickly and teach others effectively
- Experience of directly working with Ministry of Education or/and Teacher service commission officers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- An understanding of and commitment to RTI’s mission and values.
- Flexible, able to adapt to changing environment with grace
- A person of integrity
- Self-motivated individual able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Action oriented team player, able to drive and motivate diverse stakeholders
- Well organized, articulate and detail oriented
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
- Discreet in judgment and management of confidential matters, materials and sensitive issues.
go to method of application »
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant Mombasa and/ Kisumu will support the M&E team at the national and regional level. H/She will be responsible for supporting the Monitoring & Evaluation team and local representatives, and more particularly the M&E manager, in the good functioning of the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation plan. In his/her activities in managing M&E for the program, h/she will ensure accurate and valid data collection processes, overseeing and undertaking data entry, and ensuring that essential and ongoing monitoring data are properly accounted for. The M&E Assistant will also oversee special studies, contribute to study reports, and to regular monitoring reporting. S/he will provide direct assistance to build clients’ capabilities in M&E and act as a trainer of other technical assistance providers as needed.
The implementation of the monitoring and evaluation plan, will be fulfilled through the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Follow and promote timely and correct archiving of the different tools of monitoring through constant contact and collaboration with the regional and departmental actors included in the implementation plan.
- Support the organization and the implementation of the activities of strengthening of the capacities of the actors in collection, management, and control of the quality of the data.
- Participate in sessions and missions of support and control of the quality of data.
- Support the processing back up data (capture, archiving, and analysis) with the aid of manual and electronic tools
- Support the production of periodical M&E standardized reports as well as special reports of analysis as needed.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or a related field with at least three years of experience in monitoring & evaluation.
- Experience in M&E capacity building for individuals and organizations required.
- Previous M&E experience in a donor funded program desired.
- Proficiency in evaluation design and development of indicators; designing and conducting small-scale operations research studies; and good working knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics required
- Demonstrated punctuality, attention to detail, patience, good humor, flexibility, and overall positive attitude;
- Administrative experience with ability to perform computations preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to multi-task, work well with others and work independently
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts
go to method of application »
The Education Program Assistant ( Isiolo, Eldoret, Kisumu, or Garissa) supports Tusome which is a Ministry of Education literacy program funded by USAID/Kenya. The Education Program Assistant will provide technical support for the development and revision of instructional materials, work plans and specified frameworks. This will include working with regional technical team in the implementation of Tusome in the region. The Education Program Assistant reporting to the Regional Education Officer will support the implementation of Tusome within the region. The officer will collaborate with the MOE and TSC county officers for successful implementation of the program. The officer will also provide support for Curriculum support officers. The assignment is designed to provide technical support for effective Tusome implementation. The job function includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Support the Regional Education Officer in the effective implementation of Tusome at the regional level
- Support effective relationships with county and sub-county officials
- Contribute to development and revision of instructional materials
- Collaborate with relevant MOE and TSC experts for effective implementation.
- Participate in development and revision of training materials;
- Support the training of the technical team, CSO, head teachers and teachers;
- Support monthly CSOs zonal/cluster teacher meetings
- Undertake classroom observations
- Provide support for Tusome monitoring activities in the region
- Undertake any other Tusome duties as requested by the Regional Education Officer, Chief or Deputy Chief of Party and Senior Education Specialist.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s of Education/ Arts major in Kiswahili /English languages and five(5) years of experience working in education sector;
- Experience with data collection and research studies, especially literacy and early mathematics is an added advantage
- Experience supervising and training data collectors;
- Knowledge of Kiswahili and English instruction in Kenya;
- Experience working in urban slum areas; hardship/ASAL/security areas (for Garissa ) is added advantage
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required.
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and the ability to perform and collaborate under challenging conditions.
- Strong planning, community mobilization and inter-cultural communication skills required.
- Experience working on a donor-funded project pertaining to technical and organization capacity development.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of Kiswahili and English instruction in Kenya
- Good communication and listening skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities
- Report writing skills added advantage