Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Head of Human Resources
The Senior Human Resources Officer is an integral part of the HR team and our organization. In this role, the SHRO will support the Head of Human Resources in providing the foundational support and functional expertise to drive Compensation, Benefits and Data Analytics. The SHRO will also work closely with the entire HR Department.
- HR Leadership Support: under the guidance of the Head of HR and HRBP provide administrative support in performance management and tracking the value addition for assigned teams.
- Strategic Partnership Support: under the guidance of the Head of HR and HRBP provide administrative support to take HR expertise in areas of business change and consulting with line
- Human Capital Development Support: under the guidance of the Head of HR and HRBP provides administrative support to recognize people as critical assets and provide learning opportunities at work to facilitate employee and organizational success.
- Functional Expert: ensuring the administrative efficiency and effectiveness of the HR function.
- Employee Advocate: listening to employee concerns whilst simultaneously adopting a customer, shareholder, and managerial perspective, communicating to employees what is expected of them to be successful in creating value.
HR LEADERSHIP SUPPORT
- Productivity measurement – Provide personal productivity metrics on a weekly basis.
- Reporting – Generate a variety of reports as requested by HR, Finance, and other business leaders to ensure that the reports are accurate and timely – monthly staff lists, monthly payroll, monthly salary reviews data, monthly statutory reports, Mancom, quarterly Board, quarterly industry benefits and annual HR returns.
- Data – Perform data cleaning and standardization for existing HR datasets.
- Reports Custodian – of all compensation and benefits reports including monthly medical utilization, quarterly pension report.
- Business Intelligence – continuously looks for the best ways to harness and present data in the most effective and efficient manner for HR.
STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP SUPPORT
- Change Management – Induction of new staff into the Sidian culture, Sidian DNA, and core values so that they understand and live the values from day one.
- Strategy implementation – Contribute to, and where accountable define policies and processes that support the banks and divisional /People strategy and objectives.
- HR Policies and Procedures interpretation – In-depth understanding of the Employment Act of Kenya, Labor Laws, and HR Policy and assist Managers and staff to appreciate and internalize; Proactively seek feedback on HR policies and procedures and consult with HRBP/Head of HR to update all HR policies and procedures to keep them relevant.
HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT
- Learning & Development – Manage the training calendar budget in liaison with the HR team and ensure that all payments are UpToDate, NITA approvals are sought and reimbursements made.
- Payroll administration – through data entry, processing, and calculation of weekly payments and advances for Permanent and contract staff, ensuring the accuracy of salary inputs and or changes to result in efficient payments whilst maintaining confidentiality. Ensure that all payroll changes are supported by acknowledged documents, approval to pay, and are updated within timelines and at the end of day payroll reconciliation is done without any errors.
- Once off payments administration – monitor and alert the HRBP on any contracts or acting periods expiring to trigger action to drop from payroll or extend.
- Medical scheme administration – through receiving, tabulating, dispatching, updating and tracking new staff joiners, staff exits and existing medical claims and premiums payments and ensuring staff accesses their monthly statements.
- Pension scheme administration – through registration of new members, monthly deductions, follow-up on contributions of staff who have exited the bank and ensuring staff access their monthly statements.
- Third-party providers management – and activities required to administer compensation, benefits, and retirement plans to contribute to the development of employees’ engagement, as well as achieving the improvement of employees’ financial, physical health, and overall well-being in a cost-effective manner.
- Statutory deductions management – enrollment of new staff and deletion of ex-staff from schemes; NHIF, NSSF, HELB, KRA and ensure payments are collected and paid to the relevant authorities by the set deadlines. Ensure full compliance and file for compliance certificates to be updated all the time.
- Maintaining and updating staff information database – on HRIS by maintaining timely and accurate data entry and generation of required reports.
- Filing – maintaining an up-to-date, effective and accessible filing system for all electronic and hard copy compensation and benefits documents in the department to facilitate easy retrieval of records.
- HRIS – Champion and training all new staff on usage of HRIS on the self-service module and assisting staff with user or technical issues on the system.
- Manage the Bank’s staff lending policy – and existing portfolio ensuring always that such lending is in line with approved limits and policies and only staff who qualify access the staff loans as well as credit cards and mobile loans.
- Monitor staff financial management – accounts and loans – to ensure this is in line with Bank policies and as defined under the code of ethics and escalate where necessary.
- Ex-staff – Manage the workout of the ex-staff loans to ensure maximum recovery, collect any unsecured debt while the staff is clearing, follow up for any commitments made by the staff and also ensure ex-staff loan rates are amended as per schedule.
- Customer service – ensure all issues are handled promptly including support to ex-staff reaching out for any compensation and benefits-related queries.
- Employee Engagement – Promote Organizational Health Index to all staff to help them appreciate and implement initiatives to support organizational health; Promote participation in employee engagement surveys to the staff in order to promote Sidian as a great place to work; Spends time listening and responding to employees and their concerns; Provide support to employees in managing challenges at work.
- Detailed work plan and methodologies to manage day-to-day activities.
- Process of handling and responding to general/routine enquiries.
- First degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, Organizational Development, Public Administration or other relevant social sciences.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in human resource management.
- Experience in payroll is mandatory.
- Use of Perpay – added advantage.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Proficiency with Digital Tools.
- Project and People Management Skills.
- Exceptional Networking and Relationship-Building Acumen.
- Ability to Maintain Confidentiality When Necessary.
- Effective Communication Skills among Diverse Audiences.
- Valid membership certificate from IHRM.
- Certified Human Resource Professional Kenya CHRP(K) – added advantage.
go to method of application »
Branch: Kilimani Branch – Head Office
Department: Customer Experience
Reports to: Head of Information Technology
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Client Service Manager oversees several key functions within the IT department that enable the delivery of a high-quality service to end-users, and to ensure service support and service delivery processes are in place to meet business needs and champion the IT service culture within the bank. This position is a stakeholder-facing role that requires establishing and management of expectations within the business and drive the IT team to achieve excellence.
- IT Strategy Support
- IT Service Management
- IT Operations Management
- Communication & Relationship Management
- Team Management
IT Strategy Support
- The Client Service Manager is the champion for designing systems and services for supportability and operational performance. Insights and observations from service operations should be shared during service strategy and design discussions.
IT Service Management
- Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with IT issues and respond to requests for technical assistance by phone, email and/or using a help desk management system.
- Review service metrics (KPIs) that identify the success of the services being utilized to recommend and coordinate implementation of changes to ITSM services to improve metrics.
- Incident Management – actively involved in resolving the incidents, ensuring the service desk staff are aware of the incident and has instructions about how to communicate status and impact to clients.
- Problem management – Effective root cause analysis and elimination of recurring or multiple incidents, with timely workarounds in place when necessary. The service desk collects a large amount of information about the health of IT systems and services, including known issues, business impacts and the relationships between events and incidents. The Client Service Manager is responsible for ensuring service-desk insights are passed to problem managers and service owners to aid in prioritizing long-term fixes to issues.
- Change Management – BAU and project changes thoroughly assessed via the CAB process before implementation for business impact and scheduled appropriately. Planned changes are one of the most common sources of service requests, user questions and incidents reported to the service desk. The Client Service Manager will work closely with change managers to understand planned changes and ensure the service desk staff has the information, access and resources required to support changes in the IT environment.
- Configuration management – Maintain a reliable database for asset tracking and relationships between configuration items valid and effective.
- Release Management – Effective forward schedule plan with standard changes and project rollouts incorporated. Most major systems releases require support from the service desk, both during the release transition and for post-release support. The Client Service Manager will work with release managers and project teams to ensure proper release-support plans and transition tasks are documented and the service desk is staffed appropriately to support the release.
- Capacity Management – Infrastructure resources monitored and remain within agreed tolerance for effective service delivery.
- Availability Management – Maintenance windows agreed with the business, key services remain available when required
- Service Level Management – Suppliers fulfil their contracted SLA requirements and in-house teams support the agreed OLA targets.
IT Operations Management
- Supplier management – ensure that IT suppliers and their performances are managed appropriately to support the seamless provision of quality products and services
- Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed.
- Supervising IT Operations teams to facilitate continual improvements in the IT environment.
- Collaborating with technical teams to ensure prompt resolution of reported issues and change requests.
- Service reporting – preparing reports on the results achieved both operationally, strategically and also reports on any developments related service level agreements.
Communication & Relationship Management
- Be an ambassador for IT, working across the business to provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments.
- As owner of the escalation process the Service Delivery Manager will take ownership of major incidents to ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review.
- Ensures are satisfied with the services offer by the ICT team by minimizing business impacts of service failures, proactively monitoring ICT service, resolving incidents and requests with minimal delay and communicating with the end user in case of service outage.
Service Portfolio Management
- IT process evaluation – responsible for consistently analyzing processes for potential improvements options.
- IT assets and service catalogue management – responsible for making sure that there is an updated service catalog.
- Oversee the installation, configuration and management of applications on company approved devices.
- To manage the provision of IT hardware and software applications to all users within agreed service levels, ensuring that software licenses are distributed in accordance with software agreements.
- Effectively deliver/manage ServiceDesk staff management including, mentoring, training, target setting and performance assessment.
- Oversee employees in different stages of the delivery process, even though they may not be their direct line manager. The service delivery manager holds all service departments and employees within these teams accountable for carrying out the required processes and tasks and providing great customer service.
- Provide Service Desk performance reports to IT management on a weekly/monthly basis.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
The job holder is expected to engage with the senior management including the Executive to:
- Understand business requirements, priorities and future strategies.
- Negotiate and influence decision makers to agree to IT service levels which fulfill business requirements.
- Communicate the performance of the IT services, and explain key issues affecting availability, performance and risk (and therefore, affecting the ability of Sidian to deliver its customer services) and recommended options for resolution where appropriate.
- Allocation of resources within the unit – staff and other tools of trade.
- SLA parameter definitions
- Escalation matrix
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience working in IT operations and overseeing IT Service Desk Teams.
- Sound knowledge of Information technology and related support architectures.
- Adequate understanding of the various computer processing systems within the Bank and the applications of IT in business will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in providing Service Level Agreements and Help Desk deliverables.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Proficiency in leading both physical and virtual teams
- Experience in dealing with third-party-provided services
- Exceptional customer-facing skills
- In-depth knowledge of escalation procedures, incident management, and other disciplines related to service delivery
- Mastery of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) principles
- Expertise in people management and leadership
- The ability to deliver innovative solutions to large Service Desk problems.
- ITIL V3 or V4 certified
- ITIL Intermediate certification will be an added advantage.