Employment Category: Regular
Open to Expatriates: Not Applicable
IRC’s International Programs focus on various relief, rehabilitation, and development programs for refugees, internally displaced persons and those affected by conflict in different regions worldwide. Each region is managed by a regional team that oversees the region’s country programs, headed by a Regional Vice President (RVD) and Deputy RD (DRD), and supported by a Regional Grants Director (RGD). These programs focus on different sectors, including health; water and sanitation; children and youth protection and development; protection; gender-based violence protection; economic development; civil society development; community-driven reconstruction; and refugee camp management.
The IRC’s East Africa region is one of the largest and most diverse regions, spanning seven countries (Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Uganda, Yemen, and Zimbabwe) and with an annual portfolio over $145 million. Where additional support is required by the countries in the region, the Regional Grants and Business Development Coordinator will be deployed to assist in the development of proposals, donor reporting, and general grants management. The Regional Grants and Business Development Coordinator reports to the RGD and works closely with the regional Business Development and Program Support teams as well as country office staff. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya where the regional office is located, with frequent travel to country programs in the region.
- Work closely with country programs to support proposal development processes and write proposals, either remotely or through in-country assignments
- Facilitate design sessions with key country program, regional and HQ teams during dedicated deployments as needed
- Liaise with Awards Management Unit’s global Business Development and Regional Program Support Teams to ensure proposals meet internal and donor standards
- In coordination with the Awards Management Unit and East Africa Regional Leadership, track upcoming business development opportunities as needed
- Where necessary and in coordination with RGD and SPDA, cultivate donor relationships at the regional level
Grants & Compliance
- Work with country programs’ grants teams to ensure that high quality reports to donors are submitted on time, are coherent and accurate
- Monitor and support the use of grants management tools such as monthly financial reports, procurement plans, and activity plans amongst program teams to ensure accurate tracking of implementation and timely alerts to potential challenges/obstacles
- Assist country programs’ grants teams to coordinate with Awards Management Unit’s global post-award to ensure that reports are in accordance with donor and IRC internal requirements
- Where support is required, act as focal point in facilitating donor report reviews and approvals by technical advisors and other relevant persons at HQ
- Train and support country programs’ grants teams and program staff on donor compliance, report writing, project and budget monitoring, record keeping, and grants management.
- Degree in international development/affairs, public administration, or related subject
- At least seven years’ experience working with international non-governmental organizations in the area of program development, grants management, and/or project management; preferably in East Africa
- Successful experience developing projects, writing proposals, and developing budgets for USG, United Nations, and European donors
- Experience working on business development and grant management in an emergency, humanitarian setting
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Enhanced interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team setting
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote areas (60% of the time)
- Ability to prioritize high volumes of work to meet tight deadlines
- Experience developing compelling external communications materials
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
go to method of application »
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Hagadera, Kenya
Under the direct supervision of the IT Manager and administrative supervision of Field Coordinator, Hagadera Field Office, the IT Officer will be responsible for providing daily technical support and troubleshooting of all computer systems with consideration to the needs and requirements of the Hagadera office.
- Work with end-users or IT colleagues (or Service Desk) on resolving Level 1 and level 2 issues in the Field Office.
- Resolve or raise Level 3 issues to appropriate internal or external resource (IT Manager/Regional IT lead /Applications team Service desk and vendor) as necessary.
Installation & Configuration And Management Of
- Servers, Windows server 2016 operating system, Domain environment and essential network services.
- Desktop/laptop hardware and software, and peripherals, using IRC standard Windows 10 operating system image.
- Microsoft Office support, Active Directory Maintenance, logging of problems in Service-Now IRC IT enterprise ticketing helpdesk system.
- Specialized application installation and support such as, but not limited to, Sun Systems, BVA, Workday, Rescue Net, ERP, IRHIS.
- Assist with users e-mail account, creation, setup, archiving, termination and distribution group management.
- Verify and provide technical consultancy to procurement regarding purchasing spare parts for IT equipment and ensuring equipment purchased are of the right specifications and conform to the IRC standard specifications
- Install, document, lead and support wired and secured wireless networks.
- Monitors the performance of the microwave, point to point and fiber backbone networks.
- Ensure data protection & backup systems are working accurately (software & hardware).
- Improve the network infrastructure (Internet servers, filters, domain controllers, backups, print servers, etc.).
- Local Area Network, wireless network, peer-to-peer or client server architecture, as appropriate.
Teamwork, Strategy Planning, Reporting and Capacity building.
- Provide trainings on demand basis to staff to strengthen knowledge of basic computer skills to end users.
- Serves as the IT liaison with field administration and staff to understand and interpret IT needs at the base level and to collaborate across lines in meeting those needs.
- Delivers appropriate training programs to ensure high quality professional staff performance in the area(s) of oversight.
- Participates in the documentation and implementation of policies and standard operating procedures to ensure effective operation of an organization.
- Participates as a member of the IT team in planning, problem resolution, and reviewing department performance.
- In coordination with IT Manager, put work plans in place for improving IT systems, Internet connections and local networks for better performance and benefits.
- Regular monthly reporting as per the report template and submission to the geographical and functional managers.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to (Geographical): Field Coordinator Hagadera.
- Technical Reporting (Functional): IT Manager.
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree.
- At least 5 years of Progressive responsible work experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required
- Knowledge and understanding in Networking and Infrastructure Technologies (LAN/WAP administration, Cisco environment, Meraki and Cyberoam skills will be added advantage).
- Windows 2016 server administration skills
- Virtualization expertise on windows platform environments.
- Working knowledge in Cloud computing technologies and data storage.
- ITIL V4 fundamentals to coordinate and lead the service desk platform and improve SLAs and CRM
- Project management skills (PMI).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.