This role is responsible for providing support in the use of HR Management System and HR analytics and metrics. This role performs a variety of day-to-day administrative Human Resource Management Information System (HRIS) functions and processing and reporting of HR data.
- Senior Human Resource Officer – HRMIS
- Provide support in contract management process including accurate data capture, tracking approval processes and giving notice of contracts ending for onward communication with line managers;
- Ensure budget accountants’ approvals are done, and grants end dates are clear for guidance on instructions to be implemented on the document
- Tracking sick off, maternity, leave of absence, study leave and annual overspends for review by the HR team
- Participate in job evaluation process and ensure change of condition documents inclusion in payroll.
- Update the implemented changes in the HRMIS system and other HR databases.
- Maintain data in HRMIS and the HR database by ensuring data captured is accurate;
- Provide support in coordinating, scheduling and tracking the progress of HRMIS project functions including updating of various weekly/ monthly reports;
- Set up staff on the system for HR self-service and provide helpdesk support to staff and HR team on system challenges and facilitate administration of HR self-service helpdesk tickets;
- Capture leave data in HRMIS notices and track staff leave for review by HR team;
- Generate and provide leave reports to facilitate decision making and for intervention with respective line managers;
- Provide Support in the recruitment, selection and onboarding on new employees.
- Participate in the revision of SOPs in both HRIMIS and HR processes and facilitate implementation of the same;
- Provide support in the preparation of HR monthly reports; and
- Provide support on project implementation and key in data on the system.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience in Human Resources administration activities in a busy multi-cultural environment.
- Member of IHRM
- Knowledge of HRIS
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Organizational, planning and administrative skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Teamwork with the ability to work diverse teams
go to method of application »
Reference Number: RNO-13-07-2021
Category: Front Office and Administration
Job Grade: 3.01
4 Months Contract
The position’s key role is to provide effective and efficient reception and secretarial support at the front office and the Operations teams The position is also vital for effective liaisons between the Unit with the rest of the internal Programme functions, and externally with the Programme’s partners and stakeholders.
Direct Report to:
Head of Operations-Nairobi
Indirect Report to:
Senior HR Officer- Nairobi)
JOB DIMENSIONS: state the scope of the job – any key job demands, accountabilities, decision making levels, expected interactions interactions/liaisons etc
- Manning the reception area through welcoming and guiding visitors at reception to the right staff/ office
- To receive and circulate in coming parcels on behalf of programme: mail bag, newspaper, letters, payslips, goods etc
- To receive incoming telephone calls and direct appropriately and Maintain an active internal telephone directory (office extensions)
- To make Transport bookings with Programme Drivers/Vehicles and Out-sourced taxis
- To prepare -application letters for Duty & VAT exemptions, and maintain updated records of the same, following up with relevant authorities at KEMRI & Ministries for quick processing.
- To providing admin support to HR Nairobi office
- Coordinate interview room booking and refreshments with the General Assistants
- Prepare interview folders, and alert security of expected candidates
- Welcome and issue provided and approved induction folders to new staff
- Under the guidance of SHO Proper and print temporary staff badge for new staff and replacement when required
- To print and arrange the collated work permit application document for gratis processing and to assign drivers tracking schedule with relevant authorities at KEMRI & Ministries for quick processing.
- Ensure Health and Safety measures are adhered to as per policy at front desk; ensure the doors are always locked and access system is working. Alert any security breach.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma in Secretarial, Office Management or equivalent.
- Knowledge or experience of telephone / PABX operations and customer service
- At least 1 – 2 years secretarial experience in a busy multi-cultural environment with experience in general office administration
- Ability to communicate in English and Kiswahili
- Basic computer literacy
- For candidates who can immidately be on boarded
- Strong planning, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to take and follow instructions and to work with minimal supervision
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment,
- Strong problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail
- High level of confidentiality and discretion
- Tact, poise and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Effective time management skills with the ability to priorities workloads and work within tight deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to help and take on additional roles
Office Job during nromal hours worked of 8:00am to 5:00pm throughout the week day , stationed at the Nairobi KWTRP Office.