Prior to 1974, the Ministry of Water and Irrigation was a department in the Ministry of Agriculture. After this year, the Ministry was constituted and remained thus till 1992 when it Was merged with other departments to form the Ministry of Land Reclamation and Regional Development. After 1998, the Ministry was merged to form the Ministry of Water Resources....
Read more about this company
The Management Trainee/Intern will work directly under the supervision of the Water Resources Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will support in:
- Review of designs of water projects;
- Monitoring of implementation of water projects;
- Data collection and analysis of water quality and quantity;
- Capacity building of community water groups;
- Assist in the preparation of tender documents;
- Technical and Financial Evaluation of bids from Water Contractors/Consultants;
- Any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
The applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Civil Engineering, Agricultural and Bio-Systems Engineering or Water Engineering from a recognized institution; and
- Aged between 25 and 35 years.
The other requirements that the successful management trainees/Intern will be required to have are:
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct;
- Personal Accident Insurance Cover for the Internship period;
go to method of application »
The Upper Tana Catchment Natural Resources Management Project (UTaNRMP) is financed by the Government of Kenya, International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD) and the Spanish Trust Fund. The Project Completion Date is 31st December 2022. The Project Lead Agency is the Ministry of Water, Sanitation and Irrigation. The overall goal of the project is to contribute to reduction of rural poverty in the Upper Tana River catchment. This goal is pursued through two development objectives, which reflect the poverty-environment nexus namely:
- Increased sustainable food production and incomes for poor rural households living in the project areas, and
- Sustainable management of natural resources for provision of environmental services. The project covers six counties namely: – Embu, Tharaka Nithi, Meru, Kirinyaga, Murang’a and Nyeri, Mt. Kenya National Park and Forest Reserve.The project plans to recruit young professional management trainees/interns to support in project implementation as well as offer opportunity for mentoring and hands-on skills development for twelve (12) months in the following areas: –
Monitoring and Evaluation Management – Trainees/ Interns (6 positions, One for each of the six Project Counties)
Duties and responsibilities
Working under technical supervision of the Project’s M&E Officer, the M&E Management Trainee/Intern will be stationed at the office of the respective County Project Coordinator who will be responsible for the trainee’s daily work schedule.The M&E trainee/Intern will be responsible for undertaking M&E activities to provide reliable and credible output, outcome and impact data and reports on Project interventions.
Specifically, the trainee will:
- Collect output, outcome and impact data using pre-defined tools, analyze and compile report at quarterly and bi-annual intervals;
- Update the Monitoring and Evaluation database by entering the collected output/outcome and impact data in the system;
- Participate in the quarterly meetings with the Project M&E Officer and present the data and compiled reports,
- Flag out success and failed project interventions based on outcome and impact data that will have been captured,
- Participate in the monthly meetings with the M&E Officer for an update on the monthly progress and activity plans.
The applicants must have:-
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics/Statistics; Project Planning and Management or a related field from a recognized University;
- A certificate or a diploma in Project Planning and Management will be an added advantage;
- Be computer literate and able to apply basic analytical functions in excel, and
- Age between 25 and 35 years.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials to:
The Principal Secretary
Ministry of Water, Sanitation and Irrigation
P.O Box 49720-00 Nairobi
Attn: Human Resources Department, Room No.154, first floor
so as to reach by 4.00 pm on or before 23rd March 2021
Applications through email will also be accepted and are encouraged. Receipt of these will be acknowledge. Please send to:[email protected]
Please note: –
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview;
Diversity and gender considerations will be applied in the recruitment process; and
Canvasing directly or indirectly will lead to disqualification at whatever stage of recruitment process and placement
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.