The KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is based within the KEMRI Centre for Geographic Medical Research - (Coast). Our core activities are funded by the Wellcome Trust. We conduct integrated epidemiological, social, laboratory and clinical research in parallel, with results feeding into local and international health policy. Our research platfor...
Read more about this company
Reports to: Principal Investigator
The position holder will be expected toprovide leadership and clinical support to a clinical research team conducting a Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccine studyand provision of reproductivehealth services to adolescent girls and young women.In addition, they will provide oversight and leadership to the daily conduct of clinical studies as a designee of the Principal Investigator.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide training, mentoring and guidance to clinical staff in all aspects of trial conduct and project orientation to ensure compliance with protocols and guidance documents
- Promote good clinical practice in the conduct of clinical studies and provide medical input at all stages of the project lifecycle
- Ensure preparedness of staff and site for study implementation
- Participate in participant review and care, and in all study procedures as guided by study protocols
- Oversee all clinic and other study personnel performing study specific tasks and procedures
- Oversee regulatory submissions and approvals to local and international institutional review boards or ethical review committees
- Maintain all study records including but not limited to, regulatory binders, study specific source documentation and other materials as required.
- Coordinates and facilitates monitoring and auditing visits, notifies appropriate institutional officials audits, responses to any findings and implements approved
- Act as liaison between investigators, participants and staff
- May perform other job related duties as requested or required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in medicine and surgery (MBCHB)•Experiencein a clinical research setting is preferred
- Demonstrated competence in female reproductive health service delivery, including cervical cancer screening, counselling and provision of various contraception methods
- Knowledge of clinical trial ethics and Good Clinical Trial Practice will be added advantage Licensure
- Must have valid retention certificate from KMPDB
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with clinicians, other study staff, participants, administrators, regulators, monitors and sponsors.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills to independently manage work flow.
- Ability to prioritize quickly and appropriately•Ability to multi-task.
- Meticulous attention to detail
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Employment is on a one yearrenewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
go to method of application »
Reports to: Data Manager
KEMRI–CCR PHRD (Thika) clinical trials Project is currently looking for motivated individual to fill in the following vacant position:
The Project Data Officers will be responsible for data management including data collection, mining, filing, archiving, QA/QC, database updates, reports generation, etc.
- Data collection, compilation, cleaning, investigational analysis and processing for entry into databases
- Designing, improving and updating live databases for long term data storage and back-ups
- Assisting in data analysis
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software
- Trouble shoots all technology issues including hardware, software and network operating system
- Preparing daily and weekly reports
- Scanning and filing of records, archive systems in accordance to department procedures
- Monitor security of all technology
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and computer science or a related field from a recognized university
- Training on data analysis (STATA and or R)
- Very Good IT skills including hardware, software and networks
- Good communication
- Experience in data entry/data management
- Skills in database development using MS Access, SQL and PHP
go to method of application »
Reports to: Project Coordinator
A KEMRI-CCR Clinical Trials Research Project based in Thika is currently conducting a clinical trial and is looking for motivated individual to fill in the following position.
To conduct various day-to -day field activities within the project
- Timely abstraction of data from clients’ charts
- Verification of data quality by comparing abstracted data to source documents
- Ensure facilities have adequate data collection tools
- Participate in training of healthcare providers
- Liaise with the health facility teams to ensure project activities are conducted as scheduled
- Provide project management team with regular feedback on field activities
- Any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
- Diploma in Health Records and Information, Public Health, Social Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Knowledge of HIV prevention and management, including PrEP
- Experience working in a Comprehensive Care Center (CCC) will be an added advantage
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
go to method of application »
Job Group: KMR 6
This program is a collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute, and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention whose remit is to conduct research in Malaria, HIV, Tuberculosis and other diseases. This is the entry and training grade for this cadre for graduate Administrative Officers. An officer at this level will work under guidance and supervision of a Senior Administrative Officer.
- Ensuring assets are insured;
- Managing office transport system;
- Ensuring maintenance office equipment, facilities and assets;
- Generating reports on operations, maintenance and
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Political Science, Sociology, Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have proficiency in computer applications;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the constitution
- Planning skills
- Communication and reporting skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
Method of Application
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 3referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates
- Must include a copy of Certificate of good conduct
- Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
Must have credit reference Bureau CertificateA duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: [email protected] not later than 11th August, 2020.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED
TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER.
IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.