PMC Estates Ltd is a real estate management company with a specialty in prime residential and commercial properties. As one of the finest property management companies in Kenya, we are committed to excellence while setting innovative standards in delivering our services to our various clientele ranging from local individual investors to international corporations through our trained and highly qualified team.
Read more about this company
The eligible person will be coordinating installation, maintenance, and repair work in buildings, oversee and determine repair procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and coordinate the workers who improve, maintain and repair carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, ventilation, and other building systems.
- Developing and implementing repairs and maintenance procedures
- Ensures prompt repairs are done in times of emergency breakdowns.
- Streamlines associated job execution and repair costs.
- Developing and carrying out detailed plans and schedules for preventive maintenance; grounds keeping; equipment and appliance repair or replacement
- Responsible for evaluating problematic systems or facilities and determining what installation or repair services need to be performed
- Performing initial evaluations of building systems and distributing work assignments.
- Solicit bids and manage the budget for maintenance and capital improvement projects
- Selecting renovation-level contractors; ensuring contractors meet industry standards and inspecting their work upon completion
- Hire workers, organize schedules, and assign work activities.
- Coordinating the work and daily assignments of the maintenance staff; monitoring compliance with all relevant company and governmental safety rules and regulations
- Minimize the frequency or severity of accidents of maintenance personnel and contractors by identifying risks.
- Submits reports to the Head of Property Management regarding repair jobs, which include consumption of man-hours, materials, tools, and skills.
- Investigate accidents and prepare relevant reports.
- Responsible for the reliability and maintenance of all equipment
- Perform other duties as required from time to time
Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- Diploma in a technical course or equivalent
- Relevant technical skills in Carpentry, painting and electricals
- Two years of supervisory experience
- High level of safety awareness.
- Clerical ability.
- Ability to effectively relate with people from different backgrounds.
- Good communication skills to effectively interact with different groups of people.
- Ability to work evenings, holidays, and weekends when needed
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and efficient
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with good problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of regulations regarding housing quality and maintenance standards
go to method of application »
We are currently looking forward to filling the above vacant position. The desired person will be responsible for the following:-
- Ensure timely conveyance of staff, materials customers, and from places as instructed by The Management taking charge of their safety.
- Ensure that a proper route to the destination is mapped out prior to starting off.
- Ensure that vehicle is kept perfect and clean at all times.
- Perform minor repairs and adjustments to the vehicles.
- Perform periodic maintenance on vehicles, such as lights, tyres, changing batteries and engine oil at the appropriate time, refueling among others.
- Early Detection of electrical and mechanical faults and report on the same.
- Create daily logs of mileage and destinations to provide to the company
- Keep all records, including receipts for vehicle maintenance
- Dress professionally and in accordance with the company’s dress code.
- Any other duty as assigned from time to time
- A college diploma or an equivalent
- Must be a very skilled driver with a clean driving record of over 5 years.
- Should have sufficient knowledge of traffic laws and hold fast entirely to them
- Should be 30 years of age and above
- Must have a valid driving license Class BCE with recent driving compliance.
- Must have a certificate of good conduct
- Must be a safety-conscious person
- Must be focused, confident, and observant
- A person of integrity
go to method of application »
PMC Estates seeks to hire a mature, experienced, self-driven, and results-oriented candidate to fill in the role of property letting officer. The desired persons will be reporting to the senior property manager.
- Ensuring all units for all managed properties are fully occupied
- Maintains property rentals by advertising and filling vacancies; negotiating and enforcing leases; maintaining and securing premises.
- Establishing rental rate by surveying and analyzing local rental rates
- Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies, obtaining referrals from current tenants, explaining the advantages of location and services, and showing units.
- Performing tenants screening and background checks
- Negotiating leases and collecting security deposits
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Contributing to the achievement of allocated annual letting targets by proactively and rigorously engaging in marketing activities
- Providing potential tenants with details of properties that fit their requirements in terms of rent, size, and location
- Offering potential tenants a selection of properties available for letting
- Accompany clients during property visits
- Advising clients on the suitability and value of the property they are visiting
- Assisting in coming up with and establishing marketing and advertising plans and strategies for vacant properties
- Creating new property listing content and ensuring the same is updated on all marketing platforms
- Provide periodic (daily, weekly and monthly) sales reports to company management on sales operations and generated returns
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Any other duty may be assigned.
- Degree/ diploma in sales, marketing or business-related field
- At least 2 years’ sales and marketing experience in the real estate sector, experience in property letting and management of both commercial and residential properties will be an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of the Kenyan rental property market
- Excellent communication, negotiation, marketing, and presentation skills
- Mature, well-groomed and well-spoken with a strong database of clients
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Must have a strong positive attitude.
- A team player and ready to work with others.
go to method of application »
We are looking for a Public Relations (PR) and Customer Relationship Officer to organize and oversee PR activities and ensure effective communication with stakeholders, media, and the public. Maintain an ongoing level of engagement with customers, build and preserve trusting relationships with clients and protect the brand by maintaining a positive image.
If you have a creative mind and excellent communication skills, we’d like to meet you.
Key responsibilities will be;
Develop PR campaigns and media relations strategies
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. marketing) and maintain open communication with senior management to address customers’ needs
- Edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts, etc.)
- Preparing press releases, keynote speeches, and promotional material
- Building positive relationships with the customers, stakeholders, media, and the public
- Handle the concerns of the people who buy the company’s products or services
- Work to rectify issues experienced by individual customers as well as aim to improve the organization’s overall customer satisfaction ratings.
- Organizing company PR events (e.g. open days, press conferences)
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, and advertising
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends
- Ensure outstanding customer satisfaction by maintaining strong working relationships.
- Maintain complete and accurate customer correspondence, client-related reports, and database
- Managing client relationships to build a reputation for excellent service and generate repeat business.
- Identify and develop problem-solving methodologies to resolve customer issues.
- Schedule regular meetings with customers to ensure they are satisfied
- Building and maintaining profitable relationships with key customers
- Resolving customer complaints quickly and efficiently.
- Keeping customers updated on the latest products in order to increase sales
- Resolve customer complaints quickly and effectively
Qualifications & Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree BSc/BA in administration, Public Relations & Communication, Customer Service, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Public Relations & Customer Relationship Officer or similar role
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) practices
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. Strong communication ability (oral and written)
- A team player with leadership skills.
- Proven Track record of meeting and exceeding targets
- Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast, and print)
- Background in researching, writing, and editing publications
- Familiarity with project management software and video/photo editing is a plus
- Creativity, problem analysis, and solving attitude
- Superior problem-solving skills in business and everyday situations
- Engaging and outgoing personality
- Able to listen to and comprehend people’s problems with the intent to solve them
- Excellent recordkeeping and data entry skills
- Very organized and thorough and detail-oriented
- Able to remain focused on the task at hand
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
go to method of application »
For the purposes of this assessment, the Consultant should have at least a Bachelors Degree in Agribusiness /Agricultural economics/ Marketing/ Economics/ Commerce/Business management or related field background and extensive experience and knowledge in business mentoring and coaching in Kenya, including for youth and women initiatives. The desirable qualifications for the lead consultant include:
- Knowledge of ILO start and improve your business (SIYB), and grow and expand your business (GEYB) and mentoring approaches.
- Practical business knowledge with emphasis on marketing and Financial management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Market Research, monitoring and evaluation and product development.
- A good command of the English, Swahili and Luo language.
- Demonstrated experience in small business development and management (own business or by providing business development services), experience with small business financing, market analysis and market research.
- Demonstrated experience in community economic development, community empowerment, working with community based organisations.
- Strong experience in networking.
- Highly developed interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Motivated and goal orientated.
- Comfortable working autonomously.
- Creative and strong problem solving skills.
- Strategic/big picture view – goal orientated.
- Report writing experience.
- Experience directly working with young people in research
- Good understanding and proven track record in safeguarding / do not harm principle.
- Experience working in the lake Basin, highly recommended.
For a detailed Terms of Reference of the assignment please visit: Supporting documents section.
ResponsibilitiesConsultant(s) Roles and Responsibilities
TREYL project would like to hire a business development services consultant who will provide services that improve the performance of their enterprises/businesses, access to markets and their ability to compete by supporting youth mentors to access Information, skills, networks and support on input/output, production, marketing, policy level (subsidies, import & export regulations etc.) and international market level (markets, import regulations, tariffs, competing countries etc.) and provide referrals to relevant institutions.
The consultant will act as a One-stop-shop for Business training, consultancy, linking, networking, mentoring, coaching and advisory services to small and medium sized enterprises and individual businesses within Homabay and Kisumu counties to improve their business skills.
Method of Application
If you are up to the challenge, possess the required qualifications and experience; please send your application only quoting the job title on the email subject ( e.g Repairs and maintenance Officer) to [email protected] with a well-detailed CV, names & addresses of three referees.
Deadline: 30th June 2021
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.