Apollo helps farmers in emerging markets increase their profits. We use agronomic machine learning, remote sensing, and mobile technology to help farmers access credit, high-quality farm inputs, and customized advice. Our first product is a customized package of farm inputs, farming advice, and credit delivered to farmers in Kenya.
Read more about this company
We are seeking a Marketing & Brand Manager to join our growing team and be in charge of shaping how farmers learn about and signup for Apollo’s products. This person will own our Marketing efforts, build the brand and help us scale our reach from 25k+ farmers in Kenya in 2019 to 1M+ farmers across the continent in 5 years. Our farmers are the centre of our business and their understanding of the value we deliver is critical for the scale we want to achieve.
- Marketing and Brand Communications
- Manage the brand, having a clear understanding of Apollo’s end-users
- Own Apollo’s brand identity guidelines, lead creative direction and manage relationships with graphic designers
- Collect and analyze data to extract customer insights, informing brand position, brand awareness and communications
- Customer Acquisition
- Monitor and manage all customer acquisition channels used by Apollo
- Proactively spend time in the field to understand current and potential customers
- Deeply understand the Apollo customer journey, keeping an eye out for ways to enhance lead generation
- Experiment with new channels for higher conversion and lower acquisition costs
- 4+ years of experience in strategic marketing and/or communications roles
- Experience leading a team while engaging both internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency with data collection and analysis, both qualitative and quantitative
- A “can do” attitude and excitement for working in environments where intrapreneurship is highly valued
go to method of application »
We are is seeking an experienced Director of Sales Operations to help us transform how African farmers access credit, customized advice, and farm inputs at scale. Today, Apollo’s network of 300+ field agent partners use Apollo’s mobile app to sell Apollo products to customers and collect data that drives our automated credit rating process. In this role, you will design, implement, and oversee our field sales and field data collection processes and enable Apollo to scale our agent network to 1,000s of agents across the continent, including hiring, training, and management. Our ideal candidate will combine sales experience with deep operational and process design skills, and will be excited to work at the intersection of field operations, agriculture, and sales. This is a senior-level role with significant management and leadership responsibility.
- Committed to a customer-first sales process: You have deep experience in sales,sales strategy, and field operations, and you believe that understanding our customers’ perspective is essential to building our business. You are excited to build and manage a team that maximizes Apollo’s opportunity to learn from our customers and respond to their changing needs.
- Strategic and analytical: You are excited to own and improve our field data collection processes, in close consultation with Apollo’s technology teams. You are a skilled consumer of both qualitative and quantitative data, and you have experience designing systems that enable for high-quality, high volume data generation.
- Experienced as a manager, team builder, and networker: You have exceptional people management and communication skills and have built and managed strong teams in other roles. You love the idea of mobilizing the talents of people on your team as well as Apollo’s Data Scientists, Software Engineers, Agronomists, and Operators to achieve your goals. You have a deep network of industry stakeholders in Kenya that will help Apollo learn and grow.
- Experienced as an operator, ideally in agriculture or agricultural sales: You have experience, either personal or professional, working with Kenyan farmers, and you understand the unique challenges they face. You are excited about the implications of technology to transform African agriculture and make it work better for farmers.
- Own and continuously improve Apollo’s field sales strategy: Evaluate all aspects of Apollo’s current sales process and work closely with other departments to make improvements. Optimize the processes by which we manage our network of field partners. Ensure that all processes enable clear insight on performance as well as tools for performance management.
- Own our field data collection processes: Evaluate all aspects of Apollo’s process for collecting data required for our credit rating process, taking into consideration both user and customer experience, and work closely across teams to make process changes and improvements. Ensure that data is collected efficiently, at high volume and is consistently high-quality.
- Management: build and manage the team that oversees Apollo’s field sales process and network of field partners; identify staffing gaps and growth opportunities and ensure that all staff on your team have clear KPIs and the tools they need to succeed.
- Field Resourcing: oversee logistics and distribution of physical goods to Apollo distribution partners; ensure that we have the field resources we need to achieve targets. Build long-term, strategic relationships with Apollo’s agrodealer partners, who support us with last-mile distribution.
- 5+ years experience in relevant roles with senior management experience;
- Native-level fluency in English and Swahili required
- Background in Agronomy/Agriculture or adjacent field preferred
- Background in Sales and Sales Strategy highly preferred
- Field experience in a rural, preferably agricultural, context with a demonstrated ability to develop an understanding and intuition for rural customers’ needs
go to method of application »
As a part of the Business Intelligence team at Apollo Agriculture, you will be responsible for helping deliver timely, accurate, and relevant information across all functions within the company. Our primary responsibility is supporting marketing, operations, finance, logistics, and communications team in their achievements and goals, and to help decision makers steer the company towards making intelligent decisions. Your role will interact with the entire leadership team, and you'll have a distinct opportunity to build a complete understanding of the entirety of a fast-growing startup while developing your technical skills and business acumen.
- Deliver accurate & relevant information to all areas of the business
- Create, maintain, and audit dashboards for reliable use by teams across the whole business
- Help define ambiguous requests to most effectively serve the goals of the business
- Influence business operations as a subject matter expert on company operations & systems
- Translate business needs into technical requirements for data infrastructure & engineering development
- Provide managers across the business with insight into how to use data-driven decision making to improve performance
- Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Economics, Math, Computer Science, or another quantitative field
- 1+ year of analytics experience in a dynamic business environment
- Experienced in one or more of the following tools: Excel, SQL, Python (pandas), Periscope, PowerBI, or other Business Intelligence tools
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Ability to think strategically about the needs of the business and prioritize accordingly in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to explain the nuances of data & dashboards to non-technical users, and ability to explain business needs in technical terms with engineering team
go to method of application »
Apollo Agriculture is seeking a Distribution and Logistics Associate and the role includes:
Support and Execute Apollo’s overall logistics and distribution activities in collaboration with Apollo’s logistics and distribution team. This includes everything from process improvements, field execution and owning the execution of the whole process from recruitment training and managing agro dealer relationships, warehousing and inventory management.
Managing Distribution Partners relations to ensure agro-dealers adhere to the set Apollo standards as per the contracts, with a keen eye towards tracking business risk. This includes tracking, supervising and improving the systems to respond to inventory loss, quality issues, customer complaints and fraud prevention and quality monitoring processes.
Support the larger logistics and distribution team as the team and organisation grows.
Does this sound like you?
- You have at least 2 years Experience in Distribution channels support ,logistics and Inventory management
- You can establish priorities and multi-taskYou are analytical, computer literate, proactive and team player
- You have Data Analysis skills and able to use data to make decisions
- You are a self starter
- You have experience leading a team of not less than 10 employees
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You are pure heart and Grit
- You Embrace humble service , are a good listener and learner
- You are a team player and able to work towards the common goal
- You must have a passion for getting things done, and an appreciation for details.
- You must believe in continual process improvement, but you must be ready to jump in to handle fires as they occur.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.