Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Established in 1863, the ICRC operates worldwide, helping people affected by conflict and armed violence and promoting the laws that protect victims of war. An independent and neutral organization, its mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We are based in Geneva, Switzerland, and employ some 14,500 people in more than 80 countries. T...
The talent attraction officer will be responsible for Identifying, engaging and attracting the right talent for today and tomorrow's ICRC Operational success.
YOUR NEXT TEAM
You will be part of an ambitious, proactive, remote, and diverse group of professionals whose daily endeavor is to actively team up with internal (Recruiters, Talent Managers, HRBP, HR Managers, Heads of Unit/Delegation, etc.) and external partners (Red Cross/Crescent National Societies, professionals, associations, Diasporas, alumni, Universities, etc.) in order to identify, engage and attract candidates, using the most effective and innovative practices/tools. In collaboration with the Line Manager (based in Geneva), you and your future colleague will be responsible to create our regional Talent Sourcing Hub in Nairobi.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Rolling-out our Talent Attraction Strategy in line with the Organisation's global and local recruitment needs;
- Delivering outstanding services based on our customer & data-driven approach for Talent Attraction (Direct Sourcing, Talent Engagement, Market Intelligence, Employer Branding and Outreach).
- Crafting and curating humanitarian content in order to build and engage with talent communities including professionals, associations, diasporas, alumni, Universities, etc.;
- Training and advising peers as well as internal partners on employer branding best practices;
- Advising prospect candidates on competency building to help them meet ICRC's standards and guiding them through the application process;
- Actively participating in global projects for team and unit's continuous improvement;
- Representing the ICRC during webinars, live sessions, key professional events, conferences, workshops and recruitment fairs;
- Embracing and nurturing collaboration within the Red Cross movement (Nationals Societies and the IFRC) as well as with other humanitarian Organisations;
- Delivering monthly, quarterly and annual reporting on your activity/progression and budget management.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in HR, labour psychology, digital marketing and/or communication or equivalent;
- A first professional experience (2 to 3 years) in talent sourcing, recruitment, employer branding or/and HR Marketing within an international, non-profit and/or humanitarian Organisation;
- Perfect command of written and spoken English AND & any other ICRC language including French, Arabic, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian;
- Appetite to work in a remote and global team.
Attitude is key
- Strong drive, "can-do attitude", positive thinking and solution-oriented mind-set;
- Active listener, benevolent and remarkable team spirit;
- Outstanding communication and networking skills at all levels of hierarchy;
- Self-learner/starter, high degree of autonomy and proven organizational skills;
- Confirmed representation and presentation skills ;
- Commitment and capacity to convey humanitarian motivation;
- In-depth knowledge of Africa's labour market, recruiting practices and local HR Marketing mediums.
Closing: 22 July 2022
go to method of application »
The Assistant & Information management officer provides (high-level) administrative support and oversees information management, either independently or under the supervision of the Executive Assistant and Information Management Officer of regional delegation. S/he acts as a reference person for written protocols, correspondence and standard tools. S/He will be the focal person for Information Management and different ICRC digital platforms.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to the implementing of all information management projects or programs linked to information management;
- Ensures that all electronic documents sent to the delegation team box and all paper document received at the chancellery is shared with concerned staff members/departments;
- Organizes, supervises and manages the use of a range of collaborative tools and databases;
- Organizes regular training or information sessions on information management;
- Makes sure that all staff know and apply ICRC rules regarding correspondence and ICRC protocol;
- Manages and coordinates the flow of information and its application and compliance by all staff; sets and revises information-management and communication procedures
- Drafts, reviews, compiles, edits and finalizes correspondence, presentations, decision-making documents, meeting minutes and other documents; ensures information is shared among users;
- Acts as Access Manager for Logistics Support Centre in Nairobi and Mombasa;
- Briefs all staff on information management, trains regularly all users and ensures compliance with rules and procedures;
- Maintenance and management of archives for Logistics Support Centre (LSC) and Mombasa Office (MOM);
- Explains, applies and ensures application of the procedures for intermediary archiving of electronic and paper documents;
- Provides support to management by organizing appointments and meetings both internally and externally;
- Updates the organization charts and other forms and lists used in the Logistics Support Centre;
- Filters & assigns a priority to requests and documents sent to the management;
- Independently manages appointments and organizes internal and external meetings and events;
- Assists the management by updating the timeline, schedule and other tools;
- Screens, prioritizes, dispatches and follows up on requests, calls and correspondence; has an overview of the LSC's activities and takes into account its priorities and challenges when making decisions;
- Writes formal and informal correspondence in English ensures adherence to protocol and communication guidelines; if needed, translates documents addressed to the management from local language to English;
- Prepares files for briefing purposes, briefs all new staff, trains all users ensuring compliance with rules and procedures;
- Receives or supervises the reception of visitors having appointments with the management and helps to organize receptions and other events at which protocol must be observed;
- Coaches and supervises staff within his/her team.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Degree in Information Management or equivalent;
- At least 3 years work experience in related function
- Knowledge of main Information Management systems and excellent command of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and digital tools (MS SharePoint, Jive Communities, IBM Lotus Notes);
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Target oriented, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, take initiative and make decisions;
- Attentive to details, rigorous with high sense of confidentiality and integrity;
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen.
Closing: 13 July 2022