If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
We are a dynamic, privately owned HR; Recruitment and Training firm that bring together a group of young and enthusiastic Human Resource professionals with hands-on experience. Our aim is to reach out to the Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) by dealing with the Management gaps, challenges and bridging the skills and knowledge gaps necessary for market expectations and contribution towards organizational competitiveness.
Factory Manager Job Responsibilities
- Achieving production and delivery targets;
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the facility so as to ensure that production targets are met with minimal interruption;
- Optimise factory organisation structure with relevant departments and teams to eliminate inefficiency due to disorganization;
- Establish and review production schedules to ensure production targets are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible;
- Coordinate the training of all manufacturing personnel and prepare appropriate work plans to ensure optimal resource allocation to achieve set targets;
- Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality;
- Planning for raw materials and work preparation to ensure minimal waste;
- Diagnosis of any plant/machinery malfunction and preventive maintenance ensuring minimum downtime;
- Control of machine downtime, detailed downtime analysis and ensuring optimal production;
- Supervising Quality Control personnel to ensure testing of raw materials and finished products through coordination with both in-house and other relevant laboratories;
- Supervising the testing of the poles and ensure that they meet specifications: KS 1933 and KPLC Technical Specifications;
- Ensuring safety procedures/operations are in place;
- Stock Yard management including loading and offloading procedures to ensure minimal damages
- Oversee the operations of the factory to ensure production targets are met and quality standards for products are achieved using the most efficient and effective utilization of company resources to enable maximum productivity.
Requirements for the Factory Manager Job
- 7 years progressive experience in a key leadership/management role at a manufacturing facility or hands-on management experience on construction sites (at foreman level);
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering/ Bachelor Degree in Operations/Industrial Management;
- Ability to balance production and maintenance needs;
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance and engineering;
- Previous experience and broad understanding of safety systems and enforcement of safety rules and policies;
- Past experience and strong understanding of budgeting/expense management with a basic understanding of financial and accounting practices;
- Highly motivated, results oriented and self-driven;
- Ability to work independently and within a team; ability to motivate team and individuals towards achieving set targets;
- Attention to details;
- Ability to prioritize work and properly manage time;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Able to work effectively and efficiently;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to meet production deadlines and set out targets.
go to method of application »
- Provides overall strategic HR leadership by planning, developing and implementing strategies and policies o f HR management.
- The job holder also fosters a workplace environment consistent with the organization’s values and mission, and leads the HR team in the provision of proactive, result oriented services.
- Reporting to the Directors, the Human Resources Manager is in-charge of all HR operations
- As such, he/she takes full responsibility of developing and managing the department so as to ensure that the department provides the best services to the Organization.
Responsibilities for the Head of Human Resource Job
HR Planning and Recruitment
- Conduct and advice on staff recruitment, manpower and succession planning. Exercise a proactive control over temporary staffing and ensure optimal utilization of manpower resources.
- Identifies and meets the company’s human resourcing needs by applying the best methods to source for staff in order to ensure continued business success.
- In liaison with the Departmental and Section Heads, design and implement a KPI system to drive productivity of the employees.
- In liaison with the Departmental and Section Heads, compiling and ensuring that all Job Descriptions are up to date at all times and have been fully implemented as a benchmark for performance measurement.
Managing the Time & Attendance System
- Should ensure that the time and attendance system is updated at all times.
- Undertake shift planning and scheduling on the system.
- Extract daily, weekly, monthly statistics and prepare reports for the respective managers / section heads.
Training and Development
- Implement policies and measures to address Absenteeism.
- Implement policies and measures to manage any discipline related issues that may arise from time to time and resolving the same as per the provisions of the labour laws.
Head of Human Resource Job Qualifications
- Ten (10) years relevant experience in a HR management position within a similar working environment dealing with a staff force of over 300 people
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or other relevant field;
- A Master degree will be an added advantage. Formal training in the Labour Laws of Kenya.
- Possess effective communication, presentation, leadership and relationship building skills;
- Superior employee relations skills -an active listener, and solution provider Demonstrate the passion for service delivery Highly
- Computer literate with Expertise in Microsoft office and working with Time & Attendance Systems/Software.
- Ability to synthesize data from the Time and Attendance system and convert this into reports for purposes of planning and decision making by management.
go to method of application »
Production Shift Manager Job Responsibilities
- Focusing on factory Operational efficiencies, OEE including measuring all processes and process inputs and outputs.
- Full use of the Production module in the ERP and generating required reports.
- Writing up all Production work instructions SOPs and document all non-conformities.
- Training all l shop floor associates on Good manufacturing practices, SOPs and other systems.
- Accountable for efficiency, quality, safety and engagement of the team
- Liaising with relevant departments to look into Participate in all problem solving sessions where machines are involved.
- Learn the job, influence logistics, maintenance, to prioritize and design work for the team.
- Report any product non-conformities as a result of machine failure to the section supervisor, and isolate any affected product to prevent unintended use.
- Coordinating with different departments in the company and working closely with other managers and supervisors to implement the company’s policies and goals.
- Review report on manufacturing activities, performance, and results and initiating corrective action.
- Analyzing production data, timely writing and reviewing of production reports
- Initiate programs/processes that will lead to improved product quality, less waste and overall efficiency.
- Proper supervision of staff, delegation of responsibilities and appropriate authority to operators and junior staff to achieve maximum efficiency through proper use of skills, man-hours, machines and equipment.
- Ensure adherence to ISO: 22000:2005 standards and ensure the hygiene standards are maintained.
- To chair quality circles and to assist in planning and to make recommendations on matters related to manufacturing and maintenance operations
- Continuously review and re-align production operations to the overall corporate objectives
- Continuously review production policies and procedures
- Develop initiatives in improvement of production standards and reduction of costs
- Communicate and enforce KPIs to measure efficiency of the production process.
- Facilitate improvement of facilities and processes in order to meet customer demands and expectations
- Responsible for all SOP training, and Productivity improvement training.
- Timely drafting and posting of management KPI reports, monthly presentations and all production notices and training of the same
- Handling projects and other assigned duties.
- Undertaking any other assigned duties, when the circumstances at hand dictate so.
- Monitoring the entire process guided by the laid down standard operating procedures for process control, spices & herbs and /or Snacks.
- Actively participating in any research on new product
- Development and improvement of the existing ones.
Qualifications for the Production Shift Manager Job
- BSC in Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Food Science
- At least Five years working experience in a FMCG industry.
- Knowledge of KAIZEN, TPM, ISO 22000, FSSC.
- Knowledge of snack and spice production
Method of Application
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th NOVEMBER 2016.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions. Indicate your current salary and notice period. HRBP doesn’t charge for cv placement or any other monies during any stage of the recruitment process.