If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Nzoia Sugar Company Limited (NSC) is one of the key players in Kenya's Sugar Industry. Nzoia Sugar Company is located in Bungoma County
- In liaison with the Legal Officer, the job holder will be responsible for identifying external and internal risks that the company may face, evaluating the likely effect of these risks, introducing a range of control measures and monitoring and evaluating the success of these measures.
- To provide services, and ensure that company properly is insured.
Key Tasks and Job Responsibilities:
- Assessing various risks for the company and preparing a risk mitigation program.
- Carrying out annual risk inspection and coordinating surveys as requested by underwriters.
- Arranging for loss prevention/seminars or sensitization of staff to appraise them on risk prevention or reduction
- Arranging for accident investigation and surveys
- Liaising with the relevant heads of departments for implementation of recommendations made by the underwriters, surveyors/inspectors as a way of loss management so as reduce on ‘down time’.
- Evaluating the nature, working, scope of cover for the Company’s insurance policies
- Liaising with the Legal Officer to ensure that the premiums paid are compatible with risks covered and as proposed at quotation stage
- Exercising supervision and giving guidance to staff in Lodging of claims
- Maintaining and updating all insurance policies and endorsement for addition or disposal of assets
- Updating schedule of assets
- Liaising with insurance companies and brokers for timely issuance of policies & settlement of claims
- To advise staff on claim procedures.
- Timely settlement of premiums.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Insurance / law / commerce / risk management or any other relevant field.
- Computer literate
- Professional certification in CPA, ACII or CFA will be an added advantage
go to method of application »
The successful candidate will report to the Marketing Manager.
He/she will be involved in managing marketing operations in the field.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Take charge of consumer/trade promotions, retail data management and intelligence gathering.
- Drive sales initiatives for Branded sugar and ensure availability in key accounts
- Route coverage program to improve customer service and continuously genera te order from the customer.
- Increase our physical presence in assigned markets
- Expand and grow distribution network for our product in new and existing customer base.
Qualifications and Experience
- Aged below 55 years
- Bachelor of commerce (Marketing option) or equivalent
- KCSE B+ (Plus) and above
- Be computer literate
- At least five (5) years working experience in a large and busy manufacturing concern.
- Membership of a professional body will be an added advantage.
- Computer literate.
- Practical and result oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication and public relations skills
- Team building skills
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Aggressive and assertive
- Quality and time conscious.
Method of Application
Applicants interested in the above positions should send their comprehensive curriculum vitae, two coloured passport size photographs, copies of academic and prof essional qualifications, testimonials and copy of identification card together with the mobile/day time telephone contact and names of three (3) referees (one whom must be current/previous employer) so as to reach the under mentioned on or before 30/11/2016 at 5pm
Managing Director Nzoia Sugar Company Limited P.O Box 285-50200 Bungoma (Kenya)
Nzoia Sugar Company is an equal opportunity Employer