If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Their Dev and Ops departments are looking for an intermediary to help both streamline communication and provide dedicated support to Operations.
- Operations needs someone to turn to when systems break down in the field or in projects without pulling Dev teams off their projects.
- You will be trained on their system.
Requirements for the Engineer Job
- Well versed and fluent in MySQL. Troubleshooting, Logical Reasoning, Process flow experience.
- Communication is key. You will be engaging in a variety of technical tasks to support Operations, ranging from setting up our systems in new countries (remotely) to troubleshooting technical issues that Ops runs into. We need to be able to rely on you to understand and communicate technical issues and requirements into layman’s terms. You will also be expected to help execute these technical needs.
- Must be completely fluent in English. This application is open to anyone fitting the required skills, Bamba does not discriminate based on age, gender, ethnicity/race, or orientations.
- Bamba expects you to be available, in constant communication, and a gogetter. You must have high energy and be the type of person who can smile and work under pressure.
- In between projects you will be integrated into the Dev team to help them with product testing and upgrades.
- Experience in mobile technology and coding is not necessary but a major advantage.
- Critical thinker and able to interact with different teams.
- Degree in computer science or a related field.
- A positive, solutionsoriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player.
- Excited to learn new things and adaptable enough to enjoy a startup environment.
- Technical programming skills.
- Project management skills.
- About the company
- Their office and company culture is very relaxed and focused on results.
- They are an open and very friendly group.
- There is room to grow both in position and salary.
- There are dart contests, relaxing game room, and delicious fresh lunch provided every day.
- They’ve closed multiple rounds of funding and are looking to expand their team as they grow to cover all of Africa and North America.
This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya. Candidates will be able to commute to the offices in Westlands (near Parklands).
We are looking for a hard working, open minded, and friendly person.
Stipends and opportunities for growth and learning will be provided
go to method of application »
Our client is recruiting a full-time Director of Finance & Operations (DFO) to manage global tax and accounting, contract and grant compliance, fund management, human resources, and firm-wide operations.
The DFO will play an integral role shaping and managing the operational and administrative infrastructure of our client’s rapidly growing firm.
The position combines the skill sets of an internal CFO and a Director of Human Resources. This position will manage a team of outsourced service providers (tax, accounting, bookkeeping, other compliance and controller functions) and may bring some of those functions in-house as deemed fit and cost effective.
This role has a unique blend of administrative and accounting requirements. Our client is seeking candidates that have held an operations and/or accounting role inside a private investment or consulting firm.
Ideal candidates will also have previous experience managing federal government and/or USAID contracts and grants – particularly with regard to reporting and accounting compliance.
This combination of experience will be critical to supporting our client’s firm, which straddles public and private spheres of work, and often employs innovative structures to bring investment into difficult markets.
This is a unique position demanding a talented and experienced candidate who can both understand and monitor complicated tax and accounting matters, but is also not above stepping in to assist with basic book-keeping or other functions when needed in the context of a small and growing firm.
The DFO is ideally located in Nairobi, but could be based in Washington, New York City, or Johannesburg dependant on candidate preferences.
About the Team: Our client’s team is a unique group made up of people who are genuinely excited by the opportunity to make a difference in some of the most challenging yet exciting markets in the world.
Team members come from diverse backgrounds, but share a number of qualities: curiosity, humility, integrity, a drive for excellence, and a bias for action.
Compensation: Our client sees this as a critical position requiring an exceptional candidate, and will provide a highly competitive salary (including benefits).
Finance & Operations Job Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and operations – ideally in support of a US government contractor and/or private investment or consulting firm
- Experience in a private sector firm, preferably in finance or consulting
- Robust accounting skill sets – including tracking cash flow, preparing tax returns, and supporting audits
- Knowledge of FAR, CFR, AIDAR, and federal reporting requirement
- Passion for the mission of unlocking private capital to make a strong return and a lasting difference in frontier markets
- Bachelor’s degree required; additional qualifications – such as a graduate degree or a CPA – will be regarded favorably
Ideal Skills and Characteristics
- Enthusiasm for building robust administrative, compliance, HR, and accounting functions in a rapidly growing firm focused on frontier markets
- Absolute attention to detail and willingness to accept final responsibility for all administrative requirements
- Experience in government contracting environment, preferably with USAID contracts and grants
- Comfortable researching and understanding tax and compliance requirements in several emerging market countries
Primary Responsibilities of the Finance & Operations Job
- Monitor our client’s LLC’s finances and ensure appropriate accounting through Deltek
- Monitor Client Energy’s (small private equity fund) accounting
- Monitor tax compliance in multiple countries (US, Kenya, Mauritius, etc.); lead correspondence with Client’s tax and accounting service providers
- Monitor cash management and banking relationships
- Work closely with our accountant to manage payroll and expenses ― Provide budgeting and internal financial forecasting
- Be comfortable to step in to execute bookkeeping and expense reporting requirements as needed (though this can be outsourced)
Contract / Award management
- Manage diverse compliance and reporting requirements (including US regulations, foreign regulations, and USAID), monitor budgets and expenditures, and support annual audits
- Lead correspondence with public sector clients on compliance requirements
Human resources and Operations
- Maintain company’s suite of benefits, respond to employee concerns, monitor timekeeping, and conduct new hire onboarding
- Lead recruiting efforts – identifying, engaging, and selecting investment professionals for openings in our global offices
- Oversee client’s operations infrastructure – including software platforms and services
Business Development Support
- Support preparation of bid responses and proposals in order to meet client compliance requirements; support correspondence with clients on contract finalization and renewal
Method of Application
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2539”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2539 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. Deadline for receiving applications: 9th December 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 58 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793. If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.