If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The East Africa Trade and Investment Hub (the Hub) is the U.S. government’s flagship project under the presidential Trade Africa initiative, launched in 2013 to boost trade and investment with and within Africa.
The Hub partners with East African and U.S. businesses to attract investment needed to transform the East African private sector into vibrant global trading partners. Improving the region’s trade competitiveness, encouraging the diversification of exports beyond natural resources, and promoting broader, moreinclusive economic growth will lead to more food secure and resilient East African communities.
The goal of the Hub is to deepen regional integration, increase the competitiveness of select regional agricultural value chains, promote two-way trade with the U.S. under the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) and facilitate investment and technology to drive trade growth intra-regionally and to global markets.
Responsibilities for the Procurement Officer Job
The Procurement Officer will assist the Procurement Manager with the procurement committee, drafting invitation bids, executing purchase orders and contracts, and ensuring that all procurement and logistical operations are executed in accordance with USAID regulations and DAI policies. Tasks will include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Procurement Officer should maintain the integrity of the procurement process, including accurate procurement documentation.
- Ensure the assigned field‐initiated procurement processes comply with DAI, FAR, and AIDAR regulations for goods and services including in-kind grants;
- Determine the most reasonable, fair, and expeditious procurement alternatives for each activity and participate in activity work planning, and proactively conduct market research in support of anticipated operations and technical needs.
- Act as a non-voting member of the procurement selection committee and ensures that the committee works collaboratively to evaluate proposals and documenting the vendor selection process.
- Conduct vendor negotiations, negotiate purchase order terms, and write negotiation memoranda or source selection memo.
- Initiate and maintain partnerships with external vendors by negotiating purchase order contracts and subcontracts with appropriate sources of equipment, supplies, services and travel;
- Ensure that all procured goods are delivered on time, and inspect and accept goods and verify services offered.
- Prepare and issue solicitations and amendments, service level agreements, blanket purchase agreements, purchase orders, modifications, and requests for operations subcontractor consent, as necessary.
- Maintain and track all local procurement and operations subcontractor data in TAMIS, and ensure close‐out documentation is accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Monitor, track and expedite the Hub’s procurement activities assigned and the delivery status of goods/services.
- Coordinate and expedite purchases either locally or internationally, collaborating with the Home Office if necessary.
- Train local staff in aspects of the procurement process, including evaluation committees.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by the Procurement Manager or Director of Operations or COP.
Qualifications for the Procurement Officer Job
- University degree in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years procurement experience.
- Knowledge of USAID procurement and logistics regulations.
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with computer-oriented procurement systems preferred.
- Familiar with commodity management tracking systems.
- Fluency in English
Reporting: To The Procurement Officer will report to the Procurement Manager or his/her designee
Method of Application
Interested applicants should apply via the link provided by December 9, 2016, 5.00pm East Africa Local time. Only candidates who send their information by the deadline will be eligible. Visit
http://www.eatradehub.org/opportunities to view the scope of work and learn more about the Hub.
DAI is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested and qualified? Go to DAI Kenya - Development Alternatives, Inc. career website on daieatradehub.formstack.com to apply