If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Frontier Counties Development Council (FCDC) is a county governments’ agency mandated to accelerate the socio-economic development of the member counties of Garissa, Isiolo, Lamu, Mandera, Marsabit, Tana River, and Wajir. FCDC aims to increase trade, tourism, investments and encourage private enterprise in addition to advancing efforts towards peace building.
FCDC also acts as the member counties coordinating office for Kenya Vision 2030 and related programs and projects to ensure its participation in the national priority development initiatives.
Conflict & Peace Building Expert Job Duties
- Perform technical functions related to the formulation, development, updating and review of the member counties’ policy agenda for peace and security;
- Coordinate the integration of peace building and conflict resolution aspects into socio-economic development policies and initiatives;
- Analyse and interpret relevant data to generate information for deepening policy identification and formulation for sustained peace, stability and resilience;
- Liaise with various agencies, industry groups, donors, research and advocacy institutions and other partners in relation to policy advocacy in security, peace building and conflict resolution;
- Develop content for the various presentation materials of FCDC regarding member counties peace and security policy studies and related work to be presented to the agency’s stakeholders and development partners;
- Provide technical assistance and advisory services to FCDC partners in the areas of research and policy advocacy.
Qualifications for the Conflict & Peace Building Expert Job
- Bachelor’s degree in peace building and conflict management or related field. A post-graduate qualification will be an added advantage;
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience dealing with peace building and conflict resolution in the context of donor funded development programs and projects;
- Strong experience in and capacity to engage with a diverse range of local, national and international partners and stakeholders on peace building and facilitate positive partner relationships and stakeholder engagement and trust;
- Experience of planning, organizing and prioritizing work on peace building and conflict resolution, and working under pressure and meeting deadlines;
- Proactive attitude and commitment to support quality peacebuilding engagement and support for and strengthening of local partners’ ownership and engagement;
- Proven capacities to plan activities successfully targeting results and objectives, and to effectively lead a team of staff in implementation of peace building programs.
go to method of application »
Finance & Administration Manager Job Duties
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and directing a combination of procurement, financial management and human resource management and development functions and other administrative services;
- Directly supervises personnel performance in line with the approved policies and procedures;
- Prepares and submits FCDC’s annual work plan, accomplishment reports and budget proposals to the Board of Directors for integration and approval;
- Leads the formulation and implementation of policies, systems and procedures in the maintenance and disposition of assets, procurement, utilization and storage of supplies, materials and equipment in accordance with FCDC prescribed standards;
- Reviews and assesses appropriateness and effectiveness of policies, systems and procedures in all areas of procurement and property management and recommend revisions and/or adjustments to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of FCDC policies and processes;
- Reviews documents pertaining to procurement processes, supplies receipts, reports, inventory and disposal among others to ensure compliance to prescribed FCDC rules and regulations;
- Prepares procurement documents e.g. purchase orders, job order and bidding/tender documents;
- Conducts regular in-house inventory of all assets of FCDC and prepares inventory reports annually;
- Recommends and prepares property disposal plan in accordance with prescribed FCDC rules and regulations in coordination with the property inspector and the accountant;
- Ensures updating of directory of accredited and pre-qualified suppliers, contractors, service providers.
Qualifications for the Finance & Administration Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or other recognized professional accounting qualification, with a post-graduate qualification being an added advantage;
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in managing finance and administration, ideally for a development sector or private entity;
- Knowledgeable of financial planning and budget management principles, policies, laws and regulations as applied to development institutions;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team and ability to communicate clearly to diverse audiences;
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments;
- Excellent computer skills especially Microsoft Office, internet and intranet, excel and use of other accounting packages.
go to method of application »
Programme Manager Job Duties
- Shall be responsible for development planning, investment programming, development monitoring and evaluation, project development, knowledge management, policy research and advocacy;
- Assist in the planning of annual work program and targets of FCDC to achieve its purposes and planned results, in accordance with the guidelines set by the Board of Directors;
- Ensure the effective and efficient performance of FCDC and smooth coordination and complementation of efforts among divisions within the agency.
- Ensure consolidation of targets and activities in support of the agency’s region-wide and/or inter-county development projects and programs;
- Consolidate the annual work and financial plans for FCDC for consideration and approval by the Board of Directors;
- Prepare the quarterly and annual accomplishment reports of FCDC in close coordination with the division heads;
- Coordinating with the heads of divisions, implement FCDC’s operations in accordance with established policies, systems, procedures and processes;
- Ensure effective and efficient performance of FCDC through smooth coordination and complementation of efforts among officers within the agency.vocacy.
Qualifications for the Programme Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences preferably project management, development studies, economics or related field with a post graduate qualification being an added advantage;
- At least five years of progressive working experience in the design, management and implementation of projects and/or working in a relevant position to this post;
- Demonstrated experience in identifying funding opportunities, building relationships with development partners both at the national and county level;
- Solid understanding of cross-cutting issues such as gender, youth, and the needs of marginalized communities and relevant working experience in northern ASAL counties;
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions, NGO or private sector / consulting firm is an added advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
Method of Application
Interested persons are requested to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach by 5.00 pm on 16/12/2016. The applicants should indicate the position applied for and attach a detailed CV and scanned copies of certificates and testimonials. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.