Communications Officer Job at Pact World
Posted on: 5 December, 2016
Deadline: 16 December, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Pact World
A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in more than 30 countries to improve the lives of those who are poor and marginalized. We strive for a world where all people exercise their voice, build their own solutions and take ownership of their future.
Communications Officer Job Roles and Responsibilities
- To assist in the finalization and implementation of a program wide communication strategy for both internal and external audiences.
- To develop creative ways to document programmatic processes, successes and achievements (e.g. through photos/graphics/case stories, in periodic newsletters, brochures, briefs, website, social sites etc.)
- Provide quality oversight to PEACE IIIs publications and visual outputs such as presentations, to ensure they are of high quality and are disseminated appropriately.
- Provide support to preparing periodic performance reports for submission to the donor.
- To support in the production of capacity building communication material e.g. manuals, toolkits, publications, film clips etc.
- Assist in capacity building on communication for staff and partner organizations.
- Day-to-day management of PEACE III online, including updating and ongoing monitoring, gaining input from other staff as necessary
- To contribute towards the planning of, and arrangement for PEACE III events, in particular regarding the design and production of materials, media coverage and documentation of the event.
- Storing and sorting and maintaining data base of photographs of projects and their activities
- Develop annual reports on Pact Kenya’s project activities
Qualifications and Experiences for the Communications Officer Job
- Excellent spoken and written English: general ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form; specific skills in writing press releases and articles/stories for traditional and electronic media.
- University Degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations; or equivalent professional work experience in the communication area combined with university degree in a related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in managing development communication.
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in communication research, planning and strategy, and the role of mass media.
- Knowledge of how to present information to different audiences including general public, media to high level decision-makers.
- Analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically. Skills and experience in communication programs, monitoring, review and evaluation.
- Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with media representatives, government officials, community groups and other Pact Kenya partners.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications, specifically interactive digital media. Knowledge of photography and digital camera use
- Knowledge of video shooting, editing and production an advantage.
- Demonstrated skill in program communication, development of Information, Education and Communication material, documentation and publication (including web-based documentation)
- The ability to produce analytical and well-presented reports and publications.
- Good interpersonal skills: the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties
Method of Application
Interested candidates who had not previously applied are advised to send an application letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line Communications Officer. Deadline for applications: December 16, 2016 Pact is an equal opportunities employer.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Pact WorldSimilar Jobs
- Monitoring and Evaluation Associate Job at PATH
- Engineering Role at World Food Programme (WFP)
- Program Manager Job at International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI)
- Communications Assistant Job at African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
- Managing Director Agriculture Job at SNV
- Finance Assistant Job at United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- Career Opportunties at fhi360
- Career Opportunity at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)