The African Development Bank
Group is a multilateral development finance institution established to contribute to the economic development and social progress of African countries.
HR Assistant Key Duties
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Human Resources Business Partner and the technical oversight of the Corporate Services Regional Coordinator, the Human Resources Assistant main responsibilities will be to develop and compile a Handbook containing information on Residential area, Schools, Social amenities, security and protocol matters.
Schools, Residential Areas, Hospitals and Social Amenities
- Working together with Security Team of the Bank, identify residential areas within Nairobi where staff members of the bank can find residential houses, considering traffic and security situation in Nairobi;
- Working together with the Security Team of the Bank, identify good schools offering both local and international system of Education; the fees per year and other details such as transport and meals, boarding facilities etc;
- Identify working together with GMC Nairobi Office, good hospitals in Nairobi: exact location and contact details. Create a good map to the main hospitals;
- Identify, working together with GMC Nairobi Office, good doctors and specialists in Nairobi and their exact location and contact details;
- Identify working together with Security Team, the social amenities such as major malls, major markets for meat, fresh vegetables, and clothing within the city;
- Identify social places such as social clubs, golf clubs, popular meat joints, sports facilities within the city;
- Identify areas within the country where staff members can visit while on holiday, national parks, marine parks, snake parks, crocodile center, and giraffe center;
- Get information on shops that offer goods to international staff members duty free, and what they need to do to access the shops;
- Identify the various banks that staff can use to open bank accounts and for each bank, get the rates for various products and the documentation required to open each type of account.
- Work together with SECU officers to come up with a brief description of Nairobi security situation. The dos and don’ts when considering security in Nairobi;
- Work together with SECU for a brief on traffic rules and laws and what to do when flagged off by the security forces;
- Come up with help line numbers that staff members can use in case they need assistance with security matters.
- Work together with Protocol team at the office to clearly explain step by step how a staff acquires a diplomatic card for themselves and their dependents;
- Explain the step by step procedure of getting a work permit;
- Explain the step by step procedure of getting a PIN;
- Explain the step by step procedure of getting a driving license;
- Explain the step by step procedure of buying a vehicle (while importing, or buying locally);
- Explain the step by step procedure of disposing a vehicle;
- Identify clearing and forwarding companies that are reliable and that staff can use to ship their items.
Qualifications for the HR Assistant Job
- A minimum of an undergraduate university degree in Human Resources, Public Relations, International Relations, Business Administration, Business Management or other related discipline;
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience in government, International Organization or a similar position in a multilateral organization such as the Bank;
- Demonstrated Strong Research ability and proven experience;
- Excellent Business Writing competency;
- Advance Computer Literacy in Microsoft word, power point, excel;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multicultural environment and to function effectively as a member of various groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a keen sense of initiative, rigorous and methodical approach with attention to detail; project management skills are desirable.
- An excellent and professional communicator that will engage external parties in English.
- Good understanding/knowledge of the use of technology (Internet, intranet, Hyperlinks, automated supporting tools).
Terms of Employment
- 4 months contract based on performance .
- Only applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted.
Method of Application
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 7th December 2016 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: email@example.com clearly marking “HR Assistant” on the subject line.