Procurement & Logistics Officer Job at Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC)
Posted on: 9 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Kenya Climate Innovation Center (
The Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) provides holistic, country-driven support to accelerate the development, deployment and transfer of locally relevant climate and clean energy technologies. The KCIC provides incubation, capacity building services and financing to Kenyan entrepreneurs and new ventures that are developing innovative solutions in energy, water and agribusiness to address climate change challenges. The Kenya CIC is an initiative supported by the World Bank's infoDev and is the first in a global network of CICs being launched by infoDev's Climate Technology Program (CTP). The Kenya CIC is funded by the United Kingdom's UKaid and the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Key Responsibilities for the Procurement & Logistics Officer Jobs
- Preparation, co-ordination and implementation of consolidated annual procurement plans and ensure user departments adhere to it in line with approved budgets;
- Formulate the Value for Money (VFM) framework to inform the organization procurement
- Preparation of Request for proposal documents
- Provide logistical support for project activities; including transport for client visits, events such as workshops, meetings, etc.
- Coordinate the receipt, opening and evaluation of quotations, tenders, or proposals for goods, services or works;
- Preparation and management of contracts in liaison with the Finance and Admin manager for its legality and ensure proper authorization in accordance with KCIC policies;
- Ensuring user departments adhere to procurement plans in line with budgets;
- Carrying out market surveys, monitor and evaluate performance of the supply chain function;
- Ensuring sound partnerships with suppliers and clients;
- Ensuring timely, efficient and effective procurement of goods, services and works, while strictly adhering to the procurement policy;
- Establishing in liaison with the relevant departments and end-users, quality specifications of goods and services required by KCIC;
- Carrying out designated checks on quality and security aspects of procurement;
- Reviewing the supply chain to ensure it is efficient and effective;
- Managing the annual supplier pre-qualification exercise;
- Managing the disposal of obsolete and disposable items with authorization from the Finance and Admin Manager.
- Secretary to the Bid Evaluation Committee; collate and present procurement documentation to the relevant
- Tender and Disposals Committees for adjudication and award;
- Prepare supplier’s contracts and purchase orders and submit for approval;
- Maintain files and records for all procurement processes, tenders, procurement evaluations, contracts,
- Purchase orders and all correspondences relating to the procurements;
- Submit procurement documents, contract and LPOs for payment processing;
- Facilitate the annual procurement audit and other procurement reviews.
- Facilitate for insurance cover for all assets and equipment for KCIC.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- A Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- Diploma in Procurement and Supplies Management and membership to Kenya Institute of Supplies Management.
- Four (4) years experience in procurement in a large organization;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Good at negotiating, networking and dealing with numbers;
- Planning and Organizing – Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Professionalism – Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC)Similar Jobs
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at Mennonite Economic Development Associates
- Humanitarian Response Advisor at Tearfund
- Deputy Director at Church World Service
- Coordinator – Projects design and M&E at Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe
- Senior Director – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) at World Vision
- Logistics Officer at Action Against Hunger
- East-Africa Regional Recruitment Officer at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Program Officer at American Friends Service Committee