Job Opportunities at Ashoka
Posted on: 11 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Professional / Social Associations
View All Jobs at Ashoka
Ashoka is the global pioneer of social entrepreneurship. We have built the world’s largest network of leading social entrepreneurs, with 3,000 Ashoka Fellows spanning 80+ countries. These leading social entrepreneurs create new, pattern-changing ideas to solve seemingly intractable challenges and act as key role models and recruiters for changemakers. They point us to the next frontiers of change in society and inspire the ideas that shape Ashoka’s strategies.
- Lead this early, pioneer initiative into its next stage of growth, leveraging a small, influential, and committed network to drive national impact.
- Collaborate with a powerful community of social entrepreneurs and change leaders in innovative elementary schools to position their leadership in relevant national conversations about youth, business, parenting, talent, and more.
- Creatively engage and support key thought leaders in the media and publishing industry engage their audiences in the new framework for success in growing up. Identify and engage key strategic partners in sectors such as K-12 education, higher education, business, media, government, families/parenting, and other who can help catalyze contagion around the Start Empathy idea and insights.
- Identify and execute on other opportunities to catalyze uptake of the idea of empathy as essential to children’s success in a rapidly changing world.
- Contribute to the initiative’s global learning and impact as a key member of the global leadership team.
- Track record of creating new ideas that have resulted in a systemic change in his/her field.
- He/she should believe deeply in the power of social entrepreneurship and understand Ashoka’s Everyone A Changemaker™ vision.
- Life history of innovating solutions and successfully bringing them to fruition
- Ability to lead through influence and ideas
- Clear career experience in significantly scaling the social impact of organizations
- Adept at fundraising and resource mobilization
- Deep understanding and modeling of empathy, strong social/emotional intelligence
- Ability to lead and inspire a very entrepreneurial team of staff and partners with respect and collegiality
- Agility with managing large client/partner relationships
- Experience working with and passion for young people.
Karibu Homes have over 1,000 homes under construction and a pipeline of over 1,200 more. We do 90% of our sales in-house and therefore need to have a sales team of over 30 by next year. We have a product that needs to be completely understood by the sales team. We also sell to low-income families and first time buyers who need to be treated with honesty and integrity. The sales team must hold the ethics of the firm highly and act on them. Buying a home is a complex issue and there are many questions that need to be answered during the sales and execution process - we are in charge of the single largest purchase a family makes.
We are looking for a volunteer with training experience to work with us to:
- Create and implement a training program and manual
- Execute the training for all staff as they enter the firm's employment
Estimated hours required per week: 15
The estimated duration of the project is: 1-3 months
This position is On-site in Nairobi Kenya
The office can provide amenities to volunteers such as: Internet, Office space
Desired Skills And Experience
- Experience as a trainer of teams
- Experience writing training manuals
- Willingness to thoroughly understand our organization and product
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AshokaSimilar Jobs
- Chief Manager at Certified Public Accountants of Kenya
- Sales Representative at Sanergy
- Grants Writer at Savvy Riders