If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and help people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees and displaced people forced to flee from war or disaster.
At work today in over 40+ countries and in 29 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Job Overview / Summary (What and Why):
The Regional HR Director will lead and facilitate the development of a highly effective, strategic HR function in the Horn and East Africa and Yemen (HEAZ/Y) that ensures the organization has the structure, culture and talent needed to deliver on program goals and effectively serve its beneficiaries. This individual will direct and facilitate the delivery of key HR services and infrastructure in line with the IRC’s Human Capital Strategy for efficient and effective services at multi-levels. They will drive the implementation and adaptation of HR global initiatives and practices across the region. The regional HR Director serve as advisor and counsel to maximize staffing resources and performance, ensures economy and efficiency of work processes, and contains institutional risk.
- Direct and oversee the collaborative identification and development of annual and multi-year human resource strategies such as workforce planning, job performance improvement, HR capacity development, etc. to ensure the right talent at the right time and in the right place. Identify and facilitate development of standards, tools, and resources. Devise and implement metrics.
- Evaluate and facilitate HR functional capacity and service delivery for HEAZ/Y. Implement collaborative actions to facilitate the evaluation and development of HR services and infrastructure. Build knowledge, expertise, and capacity leveraging internal and external resources. Ensure effective HR service systems and delivery at multi-levels as confirmed by key stakeholders. Measure and evaluate.
- Oversee global delivery and implementation of IRC HR global systems, standards, and initiatives. Ensure effective adaptation at all levels and compliance with the spirit and intent of labor regulations and donor requirements. Secure feedback and suggested improvements. Measure and evaluate.
- Direct development and delivery of training and other capacity building efforts. Identify and access internal and external resources to provide timely and effective technical assistance.
- Serve as a strategic partner providing advice and counsel to maximize staffing resources and performance, ensure economy and efficiency of work processes, and contain institutional risk. As needed, s erve as primary liaison for all HR matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned and contribute to the success of the HR department and function at IRC.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Chief Human Resources Officer based in New York City with a critical matrixed relationship to the Regional Director HEAZ/Y
Indirect Resources :
- Country HR Coordinators
- National HR Practitioners
- Designated HR Focal Points
Other Internal and/or external contacts (describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives):
- Regional Director, Deputy Directors, Country Directors
- HQ leadership across multiple departments
- Functional HR Teams (C&B, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, and HRIS)
- Finance, General Counsel Global Supply Chain, and IT colleagues
- Master’s degree preferred, minimum 10 to 15 years of progressive HR professional experience with a minimum of 5 years as a regional manager or director or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated success as an HR generalist supporting employee groups of 500+ employees in multiple locations within the region or global environment required. Experience within the NGO sector will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated success in supporting key senior management and building relationships.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units required
- Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment and on deadline; aptitude for problem solving and decision making needed
- Superb written and verbal communication skills required.
- Capable of managing conflict and conflicting views.
- English fluency required (French proficiency a plus)
- Ability to regularly travel to countries within the region
- Strong knowledge of HRIS systems preferred
- SPHR, GPHR, CIPD or other HR professional certification are highly valued
Job Purpose / Objective
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Assistant (Warehouse) and overall guidance of the Logistics Manager, the Supply Chain Intern will provide clerical and administrative support to the Logistics team at IRC Kenya Country office in Nairobi. S/He will work closely with other supply chain staff, including procurement and administration.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement / Logistics / Business Administration or a closely related field.
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Competent with using Computers and computer packages ( Word, Exceland Outlook)
- General knowledge of logistics and administrative procedures and tools
- Good numeracy skills
- Takes personal initiative to learn
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility and willingness to work long hours if necessary.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organization and multitasking skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.