Proposal Writing Consultant Job at TechnoServe - Duma Works
Posted on: 20 December, 2016
Deadline: 25 December, 2016
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Duma works
Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
The main objective of the consultancy is to demonstrate in a reader-friendly format the work of IOM to external audiences about who we are, what we do and how we do it.
The consultant is expected to identify information from project documents and interview beneficiaries (if relevant) as well as identify appropriate photos from the project to illustrate the stories.
The consultant will be supervised by the Regional Project Manager.
Proposal Writing Consultant Job Tasks
- Collect information from the various project documents with the support of project staff
- Record human interest stories in appropriate medium such as articles, photos, videos, for publication in the
- Technoserve website, brochures and other marketing materials.
- Collate content and appropriate images/photography from the IOM Team
- Produce the text and info-graphics as well as photographs in appropriate layout to highlight success stories, including voices of beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- Write and edit the agreed content with a professional writing style
- Revise and finalize the documentation following feedback from the IOM Team
- Support selected IOM innovator partner(s) to develop proposal(s) drawn upon innovations and/or lessons learnt from ongoing work for funding as will be advised by the project Team, December 1st 2016 through March 31st 2017
- 2016 IOM Annual Report, draft due January 16th 2017
- One to two- page brochure on each IOM innovation and their status, due January 31st2017
- At least four (4) human interest stories from IOM innovations, drafts due March 15th 2017
- An innovator supported to develop a high quality, timely and credible final proposals and budgets that meet funding quality and cost recovery requirements.
Qualifications and Skills for the Proposal Writing Consultant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in communications and/or journalism or English
- At least ten years of professional experience in journalism, or related communication field
- Demonstrated experience writing successful proposals
- Demonstrable experience of publishing technical, policy, or programmatic outputs
- Excellent English language writing and editing
- Knowledge of photography, graphics and video is considered as an added advantage
- Proven experience working with regional/international organizations
- Ability to analyze and synthesize relevant information to the benefit of Technoserve
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Initiative, resourcefulness, timeliness
Method of Application
- Cover Letter describing your interest and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2571”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2571 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
- If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
- Deadline for receiving applications: 25th December 2016
- N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
- If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Duma worksSimilar Jobs
- National Sales Manager at Human Asset Consultants
- Job Opportunities at HRBP Solutions
- Manufacturing – HR Manager at Corporate Staffing
- Job Opportunities at Summit Recruitment & Search
- Executive Commercial Assistant at Jobsikaz
- Receptionist/Office Admin at Nani Employee Leasing Company (Nani EL)
- Career Opportunities at NFT Consult
- Job Opportunities at Janta Kenya