is a non-profit organization based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, U.S.A. dedicated to working with developing countries to improve their public health capabilities
The Finance, Contracts and Grants Manager provides Finance, Contracts & Grants and Operations support to the IntraHealth (IH), Kenya office.
He or she works closely with the Director- Finance & Administration and with the program teams
- Prepare and submit approved monthly cash advances requests to HQ in a bid to ensure availability of adequate cash to meet the programmed obligations and commitments
- Provides support in the finance, grants and contracts functions to review advance and payment requests, ensuring accuracy, proper coding, completeness, budget availability, adequacy of supporting documents and adherence to IH and donor policies and procedures
- Take lead in the generation of monthly Budget Vs Actual expenditure reports and support in monitoring of budgets.
- Assist project team to link periodic projections to budgets, performance targets and deliverables.
- Ensures that all procurements are in compliance with donor and organizational rules & regulations
- Review the sub awardees monthly invoices for accuracy and completeness
- Management of sub awards as regards financial and compliance matters
- Develop and manage the sub award monitoring procedures using the sub award monitoring tools
- Provide support to annual work planning and budgeting to the program teams
- Compilation of regular and ad hoc financial reports
Education and Experience Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, or finance and CPA III.
- 5 years’ experience in a busy Finance department.
- Experience in donor-funded organizations preferred.
- Good interpersonal and capacity-building skills.
Method of Application
If you meet the above qualifications please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees who must have been your supervisor in your current or former employment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is January 9, 2017.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted