Corporation (commonly referred to as Microsoft or MS) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox video game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. As of 2011, it was the world's largest software maker by revenue, and one of the world's most valuable companies.
Joining The Microsoft Team Means?
- Microsoft was founded on the principle that people can do remarkable things when technology is within reach.
- Core to our mission is creating immersive and inclusive experiences that inspire lifelong learning, stimulating development of essential life skills - communication, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, character, citizenship and computational thinking - and supporting educators in guiding and nurturing student passions.
- We will empower students and educators to create and share in entirely new ways, to teach and learn through exploration, to adapt to individual learning needs, so they can make, design, invent and build with technology that stays out of the way.
- At Microsoft, we believe technology has the power to support learning transformation and be the trusted partner to help governments and nations around the world to build a future ready workforce needed to fuel economies and entrepreneurship.
- Join us in our mission to empower every student on the planet to achieve more!
The Impact You'll Be Making?
- Annuity agreements are renewed on-time with upsell/cross-sell (leveraging Education Sales Tracker).
- Increase annuity as % of revenue with reinforcement of student use benefit, software assurance and cloud services.
- Ensure all AEPs (including LSPs) are upselling to full DPP Suite with E5/EMS/Intune, Imagine Academy & Minecraft and sell-in Premier to maximise customer CPE/Product deployment.
- Ensure all MAL accounts adopt AAD premium.
- Transition MAL accounts to the Cloud leveraging hybrid and security solutions to grow Azure revenue/consumption.
- Drive deployment and active usage of O365 in all MAL accounts.
- Land the Business of Schools solution scenarios to justify increased Azure consumption.
- Share Windows 10 value proposition with every education account (customer and supporting partners) and showcase differentiators across the operating system, device portfolio and inputs (pen, touch, keyboard/mouse, etc.) to drive Windows 10 adoption.
- In Emerging Markets position MultiPoint Services/Windows Server to repurpose old technology to Windows 10 in labs encouraging whole campus adoption.
- Drive awareness of Microsoft Cloud technology (including Business of Schools) value to all MAL accounts through seminars, workshops, webinars and direct engagement generating customer testimonials to help showcase our impact on institutional efficiency, student achievement and employability - especially for GAFE/Chromebook winbacks and STEM.
- Increase share of Microsoft technology usage especially O365 and associated products - OneNote, Sway, Office Mix, Office Forms, Delve and Microsoft Classroom in all MAL accounts to help win fans and grow customer satisfaction.
- Promote the migration to the cloud through adoption of O365 E5, EMS & CRM Online in all MAL accounts. Promote Imagine Academy in all MAL accounts. Who we're looking for?
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 5-8 years of related experience Required - Bachelor's Degree Preferred - MBA/Master's Degree
- A proven sales or sales management track record that includes extensive direct contact with customers and partners and an ability to develop and implement successful sales plans
- Ability to win in a highly competitive environment - proven ability to successfully address competitive threats, navigate complex customer environments and make the appropriate judgment calls to succeed
- Subject matter expertise. Understand and be able to articulate the way education institutions use technology to support teaching and learning.
- Passion for Education and ICT: Likes to win and is passionate about making a strong contribution to future generations.
- Demonstrated expertise positioning education solutions to senior education decision makers by reinforcing the technology value to the customer's overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities.
- Executive maturity and presence to appropriately represent Microsoft to senior IT and Business executives at our customers and partners. This includes the ability to understand key industry drivers, issues and solutions, distribution channels, partners and analyst insights
- Strong analytical skills/ability to draw insights and develop strategies from the data surrounding our business & a track record of developing and driving v-teams across the organization to drive deeper value based engagement into accounts.
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
The Subsidiary BG Lead (BG Lead) has end-to-end accountability for the BG business in the local market or Area including planning, execution and governance. This includes revenue, scorecard, share dashboard accountabilities and goals, as well as playing a leadership role within the subsidiary including participating in Extended Leadership meetings. The BG Lead also should participate in planning and governance processes, provide data and insights to support and drive effective business prioritization and decision-making to achieve the BG’s business goals.
The BG Lead is responsible for close cross-group collaboration across segments ensuring local execution of strategies and tactics to further drive the business. An important role of the BG Lead is building deep audience insight, including understanding audience segmentation, - attitudes and - purchase behaviors. Based on these insights the BG Lead is responsible to build local relevant customer offers and co-marketing partnerships at the same time integrate into the commercial and consumer sales motions. They are the ambassador for the product brand in the local market or Area and are responsible for overseeing and managing the investments in BG broad marketing and digital media outreach initiatives.
The BG Lead is expected to have a deep understanding of the products, go-to-market strategies, competitive landscape, local business opportunity and climate in their local market or Area. The BG Lead is the local spokesperson externally and internally for the products in the subsidiary. Finally, the BG Lead is on point for reporting back to Corp on the success metrics (scorecard) as part of the rhythm of the business process.
Experiences required: Key experiences, skills & Knowledge:
- 8-10 years of product marketing experience, preferably in cloud services or technology
- 5+ years of people management experience with customer/partner facing marketing professionals
Skills & Knowledge
- Broad Strategic Management Vision
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Strong core marketing communications skills & experience
- Strong financial and analytical skills & experience
- Technically adept
- Evangelist and subject matter expert for product
- Excellent communicator
- Marketing Planning (25% of time)
- Develop and evangelize internally the C+E product marketing strategy
- Drive execution of product roadmap and product launches
- Drive product marketing strategy implementation and value proposition landing
- Develop competitive tactics to drive target market share gains
- Determine a common set of KPIs for marketing activities in collaboration with other teams involved (e.g. segment marketing, audience marketing, other BGs)
- Ensure C+E is represented in segment plans to drive growth and share for C+E
Rhythm of the Business (30% of time)
- Track KPIs and scorecard metrics for Rhythm of the Business (ROB) and Correction of Errors
- Lead preparation for Mid-Year Review (MYR) and connection meetings for C+E and present as appropriate
- Participate in quarterly connection meetings with Corporate to share learnings and current state of the business
Product Evangelism (30% of time)
- Maintain C+E product knowledge and evangelize the product internally and externally to Press, enthusiasts, influencers and customer scenarios
- Provide product related content like customer benefits, competitive differentiators, and value of the product roadmap to all subsidiary marketing activities, including those owned by Segment marketing, Audience marketing, and other BGs
- Adjust and provide differentiated value proposition and compelling, localized product-related content, product Bill of Materials (BOM) (To-Customer and To/thru-Partner)
- Provide customer evidence in collaboration with EPG, SMSP, DX and Public Sector
- Partner with segment teams (SMS&P, EPG, DX, OEM, Public Sector) to drive customer/partner readiness and product evangelism delivery/business development
- Execute product launch activities
- Create campaign/program business plan and campaign investment decisions for BG-owned campaigns and activities
- Ambassador of the overall product brand experience and Microsoft CPE (Customer & Partner Experience).
Program/Campaign Execution (15% of time)
- Actively engage cross Segments and cross Subsidiary in the One Microsoft orchestration (rationalized audience touches, coordinated offers, integrated marketing calendar, etc.) to execute C+E programs and campaigns locally
- Act as the voice of the field by ensuring timely updates/feedback to Corporate on product marketing and campaign execution in subsidiary
- Monitor and evaluate campaign/program results, optimizes campaign/program business plans and KPIs based on key learnings
- Rely on corporate business intelligence and the Business & Planning Organization Lead (BPO) for reporting and analysis of the BG’s performance to geography and corporate leadership
- Manage marketing budgets for BG led activities
- Ensure programs and campaigns are funded locally through the budget, scorecard and market share target cascade
- Support meeting the BG’s financial and scorecard goals for the Subsidiary at the Area level
- Active participation, insights and sharing in global BG Lead community
- Land the C+E value proposition locally with appropriate audiences
- Position C+E against key competitors. Review, monitor and adjust the strategies and action plans to accelerate our market share growth against our prioritized competitors
- Requires a bachelor degree in Business, Marketing or Computer Science., MBA preferred.
- Certifications in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, and consultative selling preferred.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.