Program Officer Job at Internews Network
Posted on: 11 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Internews Network
Formed in 1982, Internews Network, Inc. is non-governmental organization incorporated in the United States of America, with offices in over 30 countries worldwide. Our international offices are headquartered in Arcata, California with affiliate branches in Washington, D.C., Bangkok, Thailand and Nairobi, Kenya.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Supervise country program operations or parts of these programs as delegated by the Regional Director.
- Provide programmatic development and project support for the Africa programs unit including procurement, recruitment of international staff and international consultants, and supervision of sub grants.
- Assist in in procurement of supplies, services, and equipment for the department and field projects as requested.
- Manage logistics for travel, meetings, including procurement of visas as needed.
- Manage administrative tasks in accordance with project timelines.
- Track activities for program unit as required.
- Write reports and proposals for donors.
- Work closely with Regional Director to proof and edit quarterly reports and ensure they are submitted on a timely basis.
- Draft and edit web stories.
- Maintain high level contacts with current and potential donors and program partners.
- Participate in advocacy and communication activities to maintain a high profile for Internews activities in Africa.
- Attend meetings, roundtables, and other events on behalf of the Africa programs unit when needed.
- Collaborate on project assessments and surveys, and assists with other project deliverables and reports as needed, including onboarding consultants and drafting SOWs.
- Produce expense reports and prepare payment documents as needed.
- Support local partners in the Program Unit with proposal development, fundraising, and organizational development.
- Surge capacity: assist program units with short-term program tasks including, reporting, budget development, proposals, and other tasks as needed.
- May involve field travel to set up offices, assist in administration, troubleshoot problems, carry out assessments, and meet donors.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a program officer in relevant non-profit organizations – experience in a non-profit media development organization a significant plus.
- Previous work experience with USAID programs and projects a significant plus.
- Experience in developing or supporting programs.
- Relevant university degree required.
- Excellent writing skills, and proven text-editing proficiency.
- French language an asset; other regional language skills helpful.
- Experience with media a significant asset.
- Experience with the Africa region.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate.
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening.
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Internews Network career website on chm.tbe.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Internews NetworkSimilar Jobs
- Business Development Specialist Job at VisionSpring
- Programme Analyst Job at UNDP
- Nursing Job at OGRA Foundation
- Portfolio Advisor Job at Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (AECF)
- Career Opportunities at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- People Operations Manager Job at Evidence Action
- Human Resource Opportunities at One Acre Fund
- Nutrition Manager Job at International Rescue Committee (IRC)