Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
To develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organisational objectives through a comprehensive internally consistent and mutually supportive marketing plan.
To formalize these marketing strategies within a specific plan of action which is constantly monitored, revised and updated to improve the quality and quantity of the results derived from such marketing campaigns.
Effective management of all the marketing activities / campaigns to include the 7 P’s of marketing, brand management and all other activities of the organisation.
The objective is to improve and increase the qualified lead funnel by increasing lead generation methods and effective qualification procedures.
Marketing Manager Job Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Research and Analysis
- Research consumers and clients to profile consumer needs with a detailed consumer analysis.
- Research markets linked with the consumers above to understand market trends, sizes and the key competetive factors with a detailed market analysis.
- Research every competitor in every product segment to be able to create an objective SWOT to compare the company with the competition, evaluate the competitor’s market share, develop a perceptual mapping and positioning of our product against the competition with a detailed competitor analysis.
- Review the different distribution channels available to us, the profit distribution in each channel and the power of such channels to dictate terms with a detailed distribution channel analysis.
- Conduct regular research and evaluate analysis on the above 4 disciplines, to ensure that the strategies and action plan developed remain relevant and effective and/or new or change in strategy or action plan is required.
- Develop, implement, communicate and monitor, through an action plan derived from the research and analysis, the marketing mix i.e. the 7 P’s of marketing which are Product, Place, Promotion, Price, People, Process and Physical Presence.
- With product, establish the fit of the product with the rest of our product range, differentiate our product to create a positioning and perceptual mapping, determine the product in its life cycle and identify the products that we need to manufacture or import.
- With place, determine the distribution strategy and the channels to be used through the distribution channel analysis to satisfy addressibility, and POS, displays, display stands, samples, online etc. to address visibility.
- With promotion, establish the best medium of communicating with our clients and consumers through advertising, personal selling, sales promotions, PR & publicity (to include fairs, exhibitions and events) and direct marketing (to include social media). Develop, implement and monitor these mediums and explore new channels to communicate our brand image and message.
- With price, advise management and the sales team on the approach to be considered.
- With people, ensure regular training and understanding within all departments and staff, of the marketing message we want to spread across and the perception of our brand image that we would like to construct.
- Develop, implement and monitor all points of human contact with the outside world are consistent with our intended message.
- With process, ensure that the entire experience of the outside world, that starts from the moment they discover of our company and lasts through to purchase, after sales service and beyond, is consistent with the brand image we want to create and the message we want to communicate.
- Develop, implement and monitor the entire process the outside world would be likely to experience and ensure it is consistent with our intended message.
- With physical presence, ensure all points of our visibility to the outside world, is consistent with the brand image we want to create and the message we want to communicate.
- Develop, implement and monitor these points of visibility, the outside world would be likely to witness and ensure it is consistent with our intended message.
- Develop, implement and manage the brand image and message that is consistent with our mission, vision and value statement.
- Monitor and improve the brand image and message periodically to ensure consistency but necessary change with the market requirement.
- Ensure the marketing mix is updated with the brand image and message of the time.
- Build brand reputation and brand equity within the market to increase market share and brand loyalty constantly.
- Regularly train all members of staff on what our brand stands for, the importance and how to manage brand reputation, brand equity and brand loyalty.
- Increase brand value steadily to strengthen our brand awareness.
Economics and Management Reports
- Create a budget for the entire plan developed a) – c) above to include quantifiable results and costs (both fixed and variable).
- Evaluate the break-even points and the pay back period of our investment and whether it is viable?
- Develop and monitor individual metrics to capture and evaluate the results derived from each individual element from the research and marketing mix employed.
- Continuously improve and change to ensure cost effective solutions are employed.
- Compare the actual results and costs to the budget and show the variances.
- Based on a) -d) above create the Company Marketing Plan
Continuously monitor and evaluate the relevance of the marketing plan
Marketing plan should be developed for a period of 5 years and reviewed on an annual basis
- Continuously increase Qualified Lead Funnel with larger deal sizes.
- Develop different lead generation methods and create metrics for each individual method to monitor its effectiveness.
- Differentiate the lead generation and qualification into Seeds, Nets and Spears
- Seeds (customer success) are many-to-many campaigns, based on word of mouth and relationships. Basically referrals, high upsell, high cross-sell and high repeat business.
- Nets (inbound marketing, growth hacking) are one-to-many marketing campaigns.
- Spears (outbound prospecting) are targeted outbound prospecting or business development ideally by a dedicated prospector(s).
- Some of the Metrics to use for Qualified Seeds are, Account Management Activities, Referral-Sourced Pipeline,
- Revenue from Cross Sells, Upsells and Repeat Orders and Churn Rate (both Logo Churn and Revenue Churn) etc.
- Some of the Metrics to use for Qualified Nets are, Marketing-Sourced Lead Trajectory, Lead Velocity,
- Marketing-Qualified Leads and Opportunities over Time, Opportunity Creation by Campaign and Pipeline Contribution from Nets etc.
- Some of the Metrics to use for Qualified Spears are, Number of Activities, Sales Activity Efficiency Ratios and Activity Results vs Activity Goals etc.
- Some of the Metrics to use for Leads Downstream are, Win Rates by Source, Sales Cycle by Source and Average Deal Size by Source etc.
- Each and every lead must be qualified, to ensure we are investing our time and resources into the right potential customer, using the N.U.B.I.T system which stands for Need, Uniqueness, Budget, Influence level and Timeline.
- Need: It is important to have a high-level overview of the big challenges or requirements that our prospect is facing to ensure that there is a need for our product and service.
- Uniqueness: Are we the only supplier or solution provider or are they also looking at other solutions or solution providers.
- Budget: Does the potential customer have a budget to engage in our solution and can we provide an alternate solution that fits into their budget without compromising on the quality of work.
- Influence level: Who are the actual decision makers so that we convince them of our solutions.
Timeline: When are they looking to employ our solution.
- As the Primary in the Sales Process, the Marketing Manager will work together with the Sales Co-ordinators and Inside Sales Team and will ensure that the Sales Funnel has enough qualified leads to generate set target meetings for the Business Development Manager
- Use the full range of both offline and online methods to generate these Sales Leads.
- Responsible for the direction, design production and distribution of all Marketing publications
- Provide support to Sales in a variety of areas including expos,product launches, customer incentives and any other marketing startegy to increase revenue.
- Follow all company policies and notify of any concern that may affect work area or company property.
Qualifications & Experience for the Marketing Manager Job
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Sales & Marketing or other relevant business related field.
- Minimum of 1- 3 years of related work experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly, read and write effectively; in English and locally spoken languages.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent computer skills. MS Office Package.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a multi-gender, multi-national work team; whilst displaying particular sensitivity towards cultural and ethnic differences.
- Excellent planning, analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret and anticipate operating environment.
- Critical thinking-Able to observe, analyze and determine the relevance and validity of the different situations occurring in the business market.
- Research oriented – Able to dig for and gather information in all platforms, both online and offline.
- Attendance / Punctuality – is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Commits to long hours of work when necessary, in order to fulfil organisational requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills Required – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Highly pro-active, disciplined and well organised.
- Teamwork Spirit – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Gives and welcomes feedback, while contributing to build a positive team spirit.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibilities for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Organisational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organisation’s goals and values.
- Dependability – Capacity to handle a heavy work volume and multiple priorities. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Strong multitasking skills.
- Ethics – Inspires the trust of others. Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organisational values and maintains confidentiality (particularly in relation to the auditing process).
go to method of application »
Director of Operations Job Key Responsibilities
Building and overseeing UEA’s organisational processes and systems.
- Working with all the VP’s to ensure efficient and effective day to day operations across the organisation.
- Working with the CEO to manage organisational talent management systems alongside the VP’s including hiring, improving and managing HR systems, performance management systems and more.
- Supporting the VPs to standardise and scale effective & efficient systems & processes across the organisation.
- Managing and tracking our organisational goals and objectives, making sure our whole team is continually aligned to achieving them leading to diligent and effective execution.
- Supporting the CEO in managing our Boards(Advisory and Board of Directors).
Driving revenue growth for UEA.
- Supporting the CEO in fundraising by identifying potential partners and designing effective value propositions & proposals that create value for partners and increase revenue for UEA.
- Growing UEA’s business model(s) strategies by creating win-win incentives and building & managing effective systems that accelerate revenue growth from customers.
- Diversifying UEA’s revenue streams by identifying and pursuing multiple possible additional sources of revenue for the organisation.
Strategic projects management.
- Working closely with the CEO to directly lead some strategic initiatives, particularly cross-functional efforts, by developing clear goals, timelines, research and project timeliness as needed.
Doing whatever it takes to give an UNREASONABLE advantage to companies. We are a small entrepreneurial team that steps up when there is work to be done. At times, you’ll be expected to work outside of just your role to contribute to our team’s overall efforts.
Qualifications for the Director of Operations Job
- You have 3-5 years of work experience with a strong track-record of designing, managing and scaling systems and processes. You can see the big picture and break it down into what needs to happen. You are also able to guide a team in executing on those steps.
- You have a strong business acumen, and are excited about building business models. You love and have experience in monetising products & services and building the right incentives for customers.
- You have worked for a startup or in a startup environment, and/or have worked in supporting startups to grow.
- You are willing to work beyond the job description, wear many hats, and roll with constant change.
- You love working with teams. This role involves A LOT of coordination of different types of teams. If this does not energise you, you will not thrive in this role. You also enjoy playing a supportive role to help teams succeed.
Skills & Capabilities
- You are a good listener. To be successful in this role, you will need to listen carefully to teammates, our customers and all partners.
- You are organized and know that the “magic is in the details”. You have keen attention to detail, and an ability to keep things in order. You strike a balance between the big picture and operating well at the details. Most importantly, you are obsessed about creating systems to keeping things organized.
- You have strong diagnostic, analytical and pattern-recognition skills that you can apply to both quantitative and qualitative data.
- You are willing to tackle projects without much guidance/structure. We are three years old, so while we have some structure, you will also be called upon to build structure. You can show us how you have stepped into ambiguous and disorganized situations and brought structure.
- You believe that we > I (a hat tip to Skillshare for sharing this great value with us). We believe in finding ways to expand the pie so that everyone can get a larger slice rather than trying to claim as much value as possible from a fixed pie. We believe in pathological collaboration and that this journey is about all of us.
- You believe that no task is too small.
- You are able to delegate tasks effectively to the rest of the team.
- Most importantly, you believe in the power of entrepreneurship to solving some of the greatest challenges that we face and will jump for an opportunity to play a small part in a grand journey as we seek to make East Africa a much better place.
go to method of application »
Research Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Conduct research.
- Report writing.
- Conducting feasibility studies and business plans.
- Assist team members with different tasks.
- Handle and protect confidential and sensitive data with integrity.
- Carry out field and desk research.
Qualification Requirements for the Research Assistant Job
- University Degree in research or a related field.
- At least 2 years work experience in research.
- Real organizational and prioritizing experience or skills.
- English speaking and writing must be excellent.
- Researching, synthesizing, and analyzing abilities.
Desired Soft Skills
- Communication skills: formally and informally- must be able to go into different situations and environments and get things done.
- Solutions Oriented- problem solver and persistent about it.
- Self-motivated- must be able to self-manage tasks.
- Open minded.
- Startup environment mindset.
go to method of application »
Quantity Surveyor Job Description/Responsibilities
- As a Quantity Surveyor you will be expected to undertake the standard range of Quantity Surveying duties, but in particular, the work undertaken will be more focused on costing Bill of Quantities and cost controlling large interior fit out projects.
Requirements for the Quantity Surveyor Job
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the Construction industry.
- A strong International exposure is a MUST
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Fit-Out Quantity Surveying position in a reputable fit out contracting company
- Excellent knowledge of QSing processes
- Extensive experience in Office fit outs for large international corporates in a developing country
- Excellent cost controlling experience
- Strong QS-related software skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Rigorous & detailed oriented
- Process driven
- Self motivated
- Ability to work independently with strong team player skills
- Strong planning skills
- Constant thrive for learning and improving
- Sound ability to prioritise, time-manage, and honour deadlines
Method of Application
Cover Letter describing your interest and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2565”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2565 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 25th January 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793. If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer