INTEGRITY Partners is a business and technology services company delivering mission-critical results to leaders working on our nation’s top priorities. We assist organizations within the Federal Government with addressing current and future challenges by creating and sustaining an appropriate business strategy, managing process transformation, implementing organizational change, facilitating information sharing, and effectively architecting and deploying technology solutions.
Scope of work
The Learning Expert will provide short-term technical assistance during the Inception period of DFID’s Learning and Monitoring Programme in Somalia (LAMPS). The Learning Expert will be expected to take the lead in developing a learning strategy, inclusive of a framework with indicators, for LAMPS. He/she will be expected to provide technical guidance directly to the LAMPS Learning Manager and Learning Analyst in how best to manipulate, use, package, and share all the data LAMPS collects. In addition, he/she will work closely with the Team Leader, to develop guidance on procedures to improve LAMPS’ internal learning and learning within partners.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct a desk review of key learning from LAMPS’ predecessor programme (SMP I), as well the most up-to-date research on organisational learning, real-time learning within programmes, problem-driven iterative adaption, and change management.
- Consult with DFID-Somalia staff on their learning needs and requirements, interview DFID staff as required;
- In collaboration with each LAMPS sub-component, develop a learning framework for:
o LAMPS and its sub-components (Verifications, Technical Assistance, Digital Platform)
o DFID-Somalia implementing partners that are receiving M&E support from LAMPS (i.e. Verifications, M&E Technical Assistance);
- Within this learning framework, develop concise indicator reference sheets for indicators at each layer of learning;
- Identify and prepare guidance on learning products (e.g. biannual reports and presentations) that capture learning, best practices, and recommendations from LAMPS data.
- 15-20 years of high-level programme management (COP, Programme Director, etc)
- At least 5+ of experience with change management, organisational learning, PDIA or Real-time Learning.
- No Somalia experience necessary, but FCAS experience greatly preferred.
- Must have worked on programming funded by DFID or USAID
go to method of application »
Working under the strategic direction of the Team Leader, the Learning Manager will provide day to day leadership and management of the Learning component of the SMP II programme. The Learning Manager will directly lead learning activities and conduct and oversight of deeper qualitative analysis. The Learning Manager will also be lead author on biannual reports, and coordinate learning events with DFID and other stakeholders.
It is expected that these terms of reference will be refined during the inception period, in collaboration with the programme team, Integrity, Altai and Itad.
Tenure/Level of Effort
Inception 100 days
Delivery phase 1 150 days
Delivery phase 2 150 days
Delivery phase 3 150 days
Close-down 100 days
The following is a list of indicative activities during the Inception and Implementation phases.
The Learning Manager will be expected to:
- Analyse the data, best practices, and findings from across the SMP II components, in order to find evidence and identify emerging themes, patterns and trends;
- Develop, in consultation with the LAMPS Team Leader and the DFID Results Advisor, a Learning Strategy for DFID-S;
- Identify key learning from the qualitative and quantitative data collected, and analysis or assessments arising from M&E technical assistance to DFID and its partners;
- Work closely with and in support of the efforts of the Digital platform team, in particular in ensuring the lessons learned/learning are accessible to Digital platform users and, as needed, modified to meet the client/partners’ learning needs;
- Identify key best practices from partner management, implementation, and M&E practices and present them in actionable recommendations (for either/both DFID and/or implementing partners) for improvements in their programming;
- Use and translate findings, lessons learned, and best practices into articulate, focused, guiding questions and lines of inquiry for DFID-Somalia, its Programme Advisors and Mangers, specifically, design and implement learning events for DFID-S and/or implementing partner staff;
- Draft bi-annual learning reports, in collaboration with the LAMPS Team Lead;
- Support the LAMPS Team Leader in designing DFID learning workshops.
- Regular reporting to Team Leader.
- The Learning Manager will also keep the Integrity Project Manager abreast of progress against agreed work plan on a regular basis. The Project Manager will be responsible for approving design, scope of work (including changes) and key deliverables prior to submission.
- 10-15 years relevant experience in the development field
- DFID or USAID experience greatly preferred
- Significant implementation experience (preference for chief of party role or similar)
- Strong understanding of the role of learning within TPM
- Proven ability to work Independently
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply
Method of Application
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form at www.integrityglobal.com/apply and attach a CV and Cover Letter at the bottom of your application.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with an aim to fill this position as soon as possible. The final closing date for applications is 03 February 2017.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Integrity is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by UK data protection laws.
Interested and qualified? Go to Integrity Global career website on www.integrityglobal.com to apply