Executive Assistant Job at Maersk Line
Posted on: 30 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Maersk Line
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world
- Provide a comprehensive secretarial and administration service to the Managing Director across the range of his work, manage the appointment calendar and independently schedules appointments.
- Maintain and organize the Managing Director’s diary, filing system and all other relevant areas as necessary, screen incoming calls and correspondence and respond independently when possible.
- Support the Managing Director in his projects, proposals, meeting preparations, etc. through research, consultation, and coordination.
- Draft presentations, articles, briefings, and proposals as requested by the MD.
- Facilitate meetings, schedule debriefing meetings so follow up action can be implemented. Also by arranging refreshments, seating and taking minutes if required to do so for meetings.
- Respond to stakeholder queries in a timely and professional manner, both orally and in writing.
- Co-ordinate all MD travel arrangements, manage Travel Expense Management and travel coordination.
- Maintain and continuously keep up to date all MD’s mailing lists.
- Ensure the effective management and update of all relevant databases.
- Timely and accurate collation and dissemination of strategic workshop output, constant follow up with action/project owners to ensure focus is maintained and coordination of monthly status reports.
- Liaise positively and professionally with colleagues and visitors.
- Coordinate administration related to housing, car running and maintenance and related tasks.
- Be amiable, professional and approachable at all times.
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
Who we are looking for
- University degree
- Over 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Excellent IT Skills, including use of ICT packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point, ERP systems
- Multinational environment work experience an added advantage
- Excellent report writing and organisational skills
- Good knowledge of database systems and processes
- Ability to handle a very fast working pace
- Ability to work under pressure to agreed deadlines and adapt to change
- The ability to pay high attention to detail to ensure that high quality work
- Strong interpersonal skills with an approachable personality
- Ability to work in a flexible manner – out of hours as required
- High level of responsiveness and proactiveness
- Ability to influence without authority
- Continuous improvement mind set
- Excellent written English and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to represent the company externally with key stakeholders
- Clear understanding of confidentiality
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Maersk Line career website on jobsearch.maersk.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Maersk LineSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Sendy Ltd - 9 Positions
- Operations Coordinator ar UBER
- Air Ops Associate - Declaration at Damco
- Client Relations Manager at Sendy Ltd
- Security Coordinator at Swissport Kenya
- Warehouse Manager, Air Perishables Job at Kuehne + Nagel
- Supplier Quality Officer Job at Mobius Motors