Sales Specialist Job at ABB
Posted on: 31 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at ABB
is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. For more than four decades, ABB is writing the future of industrial digitalization. With more than 70 million devices connected through its installed base of more than 70,000 control systems across all customer segments, ABB is ideally positioned to benefit from the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolution. With a heritage of more than 130 years, ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com
As a sales specialist you will be responsible to sell products/systems/services within a designated market in accordance with strategy. Build long term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer needs and issues and Identify and develop sales opportunities.
Your Tasks As a Sales Specialist Will Include The Following
- Volume and profit
- Sells products/systems/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Units/Product Groups.
- Coordinate input from various departments, including, but not limited to; operations (project management), finance and legal to develop proposals respective of customer requirements
Liaise with ABB legal counsel to review and edit legal terms and conditions of contract agreements.
- Customer relations
- Establish and maintain effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product/systems/ services offering, and align to provide a solution.
- Ensure a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Management of incoming RFQ / RFI for transformer service needs
- Sales plans
- Prepares sales plans using company tools. Performs regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls.
- Review and analyze customer service specifications
- Develop competitive, value-add proposals to support ABB’s service portfolio with regard to scope of work, timeline and pricing, and identifying upselling opportunities
- Proposal development in line with business unit strategy and geographic/regional objectives
- Manage individual pipeline and forecasting, coordinating sales, marketing and operations efforts with the Business Development team.
- Develop strategic sales plans with the Business Development team through identification of targeted opportunities and customers to increase market share
- Creates added value for the customer and ABB by using effective sales techniques. Communicates details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy.
- Engage in proposal and contract negotiations as needed
- Order accountability including management of receipt, review, acceptance and entry of service purchase orders
- Engage in contract hand-off to operations and project management
- Manage documentation for all proposals and orders
- Ensures efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
- New market opportunities
- Identifies and drives the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Lead formal risk reviews on opportunities as required based on potential risk exposure to ABB
- Ideally you will hold a Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering coupled with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar technical sales role.
- Your knowledge of substations, medium and high voltage products and their applications complemented with experience in the service sales and marketing space together with Your experience in improving customer satisfaction, being focus driven to provide the best possible solution complemented with you experience in building productive customer relationships, being a self-starter together with the ability to conceptualize ideas and be innovative will make you the ideal candidate.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to ABB career website on new.abb.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ABBSimilar Jobs
- Accounts Clerk at Power Governors Limited
- Sales Customer Services - Automotive Aftermaket Division at Bosch Africa
- Stores Supervisor at Sheffield Steel Systems