The University of Maryland Baltimore Global Health Initiatives through its operating arm Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Kenya implements comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs to facilitate the Kenya Ministries of Medical Services and Public Health to control the spread of HIV and rapidly scale up HIV services,institute continuous quality improvement methods as well as the M & E infrastructure necessary to support these services.
MGIC is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
• Provide routine updates to the Program Manager on project close out process and follow up on status of all actions required to be performed by staff and other counterparts outside of the project closure team.
• Ensure effective systems and procedures are in place to execute the project closure.
• Coordinate the Project Closure committee to ensure the project closure process is implemented smoothly. The position will be the secretary to the close out committee.
• Desk review of program documents to understand the detailed objectives, designs, activities and progress on program achievement.
• Ensure PACT asset inventory is up to date
• With support from the PACT program leadership, effectively plan for the final stakeholders and dissemination forum.
• Provide the necessary support in the development of PACT documentary and ensure it is of high quality and 100% complete to be disseminated during the stakeholders forum.
• Ensure that all the procurements related to the stakeholders' forum are compliant and cleared by Sept 30. 2016.
• Provide necessary administrative support to the Program Manager as need be.
The Ideal candidate should have:
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Communications, Public Relations, Project Management or other relevant field from a recognized University.
• Must have clear understanding and hands-on experience of Program Close-out activities.
• Must possess excellent report writing skills.
• Muse be proactive and be able to work under minimal supervision.
Ref - KISII
The MNCH Improvement Specialist will oversee the day-to-day planning and implementation of PMTCT activities within supported facilities in collaboration with the County.
• Provide day-to-day mentorship to ANC nurses and supervision of the facility PMTCT as per national guidelines.
• Oversee the provision of Early Infant diagnosis, care and follow-up HIV-exposed infants
• Participate in training of health care workers using the national PMTCT curriculum.
• Strengthen linkages between PMTCT and HEI services and Comprehensive Care Clinics and the follow-up and retention of HIV-infected pregnant women and HIV-exposed infants (HEI) through training and mentorship of Case Managers to support this service
• Support the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation for PMTCT and HEI services
• Liaise with the sub-county nursing officer to supervise PMTCT/HEI services in supported facilities
• Participate in Sub-County PMTCT Meetings
Ref - KISII
• Management of data from facilities including data cleaning, standardization and data entry into project database for reporting
• Development and updating of data collection tools
• Ensure that data systems are operational and updated
• Data reconstruction and computerization from source documents
• Development of databases for program supported activities as needed
• Data analysis
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports for dissemination to Program teams
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collection and analysis of health data through field research, observation, questionnaires and studies
• Ability to use a variety of statistical software to analyze information and prepare reports and presentations to the public or policy makers
• Teach and make presentations and involve educating and training healthcare workers to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases
• Apply their knowledge of how and why communicable diseases spread to make recommendations on containment and treatment whenever there are outbreaks
• Conduct disease surveillance by monitoring the situation, report to local and state health agencies and evaluate data collected during the outbreak
• Coordinate epidemiological studies
• Support research design and data analysis
• Contribute to manuscript development reviewed publications
• Develop policy briefs studies based on project supported studies
• Master's degree in public health, with significant coursework in epidemiology
• At least 5 years' experience of epidemiology research design and project coordination
• At least 5 years' experience of statistical methods and public health data analysis
• History of peer reviewed publications and article submission
• An additional training and fellowship opportunity offered by the CDC is an added advantage
• Ability and willingness to travel and interact with communities and healthcare workers
REF - KISII
• Provide specialized training to facility and other partner staff in Health Information Systems including 10Care and other databases
• Provide mentorship to site data clerks on HIV related M&E systems
• Provide support and data analysis training to health facility staff with focus on use of IQCare
• Conduct routine data management including data collection, collation, analysis and reporting
• Ensure that all national HIV related tools are available in supported facilities and health care workers are mentored to use them appropriately
• Data analysis, generating of reports and presentation to the program on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis to inform the program/donor/MOH
• Develop and revise M&E processes and related tools that support quality assurance for key program areas
• Provide capacity building and other form of support to site level staff on M&E activities such as data collection, analysis and interpretation
• Conduct data quality assessments with strategic action plans and share assessment findings for improvement
• Conduct targeted site visits to provide mentorship on all issues related to Strategic Information
• Conduct data quality control/assurance activities
• Manage project databases and generate reports for donor reporting and project management
• Develop SOL queries and related activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide technical leadership to drive the implementation of procurement and supplies policies and plans aimed at cost effective acquisition of high quality materials, goods and services.
• Prepare strategic procurement plans and budget outlining key activities to be undertaken, the projected cost, funding sources as well as expected outcomes
• Provide oversight to sourcing in support of project activities and conduct training on procurement sourcing, contracting responsibilities, ethics and general guidelines on property management.
• Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts in line with performance.
• Perform risk analysis regarding supply contracts and agreements.
• Ensures project procurements are conducted within the stipulated timelines (timely project procurements)
• Ensure timely and efficient implementation of procurement strategy and ensure that departmental performance targets are set and achieved.
• Oversee the maintenance and safeguarding of procurement records and documents.
• Monitor contract management by user departments to ensure implementation of contracts in accordance with terms and conditions of the contract.
• Bachelor's degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management
• Membership to a professionally recognized body.
• Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies management from a recognized institution.
• A minimum of four (4) years' work experience in experience in purchasing and supplies management gained from a large organization.
• Demonstrated knowledge of procurement / contracts principles, contracts administration and finance or accounting.
• Experience working under USG funded projects preferred.
• Applicants must exhibit a flexible work attitude with the ability to work productively in a team environment.
• They must also be able to work well independently to meet unexpected demands.
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualifications are requested to send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email by 17th February 2017. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted