Madison Asset Management Services Limited (Madison Asset)
is a fund manager, licensed by both the Capital Markets Authority (“CMA”) and the Retirement Benefits Authority (‘RBA”) to offer fund management services in Kenya. As at 31st December 2014, Madison Asset managed investments amounting to over Kshs 3.5 billion belonging to retail clients, pension funds, other institutions and high net worth individuals. The Company is part of the Madison Group Limited, which includes Madison Insurance Company Kenya Limited; one of the leading Insurance Companies in Kenya. The ultimate shareholding of the Madison Group Limited consists of some 60 individual Kenyans and locally incorporated institutions. Madison Asset was incorporated in 2001 and registered by the RBA, as a fund manager, in the same year. Since 2001, the Company has been actively involved in pension fund management and managed pension investments amounting to over Kshs 2.0 billion as at 31st December, 2014
To implement HR strategies and policies, coordinate HR administrative services in efforts to ensure that the department realizes its core objectives of ensuring that the company has a committed, motivated and productive human capital.
- Coordinate the recruitment process through sourcing, analyzing the candidates for short listing and coordinating the interview process.
- Initiate and coordinate the induction process and ensure that background check for staff is done
- Initiate and coordinate the staff confirmation process with the relevant departmental heads
- Coordinate the sporting activities (both external and internal)
- Administration of staff loans
- Ensure efficient administration of staff benefits – Group Life, Provident fund, Club membership, Group personal accidents etc.
- Implementation of the company training plans as per the policy and ensuring that trainings are approved by NITA and claims for reimbursements submitted.
- Implementation and monitoring of annual leave plans, utilization of maternity, paternity, sick leave and compassionate leave as per the company plan and in accordance with the law.
- Implementation of the leave schedule and monitoring HRMS attendance on a daily basis with a view to attaining 100% compliance.
- Ensure that all employees are registered with statutory bodies and all dues submitted as provided for by the law.
- Coordinate staff clearance procedures and ensure that the dues are paid and certificate of service issued
- Ensure that the department has an efficient record management system.
- Generation of all HR reports including board reports
- Assist in supervising housekeeping for head office while you coordinate the same for branches with outsourced firms
- Assist in the supervisor and management of the staff welfare including kitchen, dress down, drinking water, first aid, and health and safety issues, staff weddings, bereavement, etc.
- Supervise the mail system by ensuring efficient dispatch, receipt and recording all mails, including courier services and messengers
- Coordinate corporate functions involving staff – CSR, Staff meeting, staff parties
- General administrative duties which include office management and custody of any logistics as needed by the HR dept.
Contacts arising from the Job (Key Relationships)
- Internal: Entire staff
- External: government offices dealing with labour related matters, management consultants and clients, outsourced services
Authorities (specific authorities that go with this job)
- Recommendation for leave and training approvals for staff reporting to this function
- Negotiation with outsourced firms in the areas under your supervision
- Data changes in HRMS
Key Result Areas (in line with (iii) above)
- HR strategy formulation and implementation
- Staff expenses – staff benefits, staff welfare staff training etc.
- Leave management
- Staff training
- Staff welfare
Experience and Knowledge Required
- Formulation of policies and budgets
- Implementation of HR strategies, budgets and policies
- General administration
- Manpower planning
- People management skills
- Legal and ethical aspects of the HR practices
- Employee Counselling
Academic and Professional Qualifications required
- Graduate degree in HRM
- Post graduate diploma in HRM
- Membership with IHRM
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below