The Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK) is a body corporate established under The Nurses Act (Cap 257) of the Laws of Kenya, whose mandate is to regulate Nursing Education and Practice.
Reporting to the Registrar/CEO, the Finance Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the financial resources of the Council are managed professionally, safeguarded from possible loss and utilised optimally, putting the necessary financial plans in place, including budgeting, implementing appropriate budgetary controls, and supporting the Council’s strategic planning and business review process.
He/she will also be responsible for preparing and analysing management accounts, monitoring expenditures and enforcing financial controls.
The candidate will have highly developed analytical skills. stakeholder management skills and an understanding of Public Sector Accounting processes and procedures.
Applicants must have:
The position holder will be accountable to the Audit. Risk and Compliance (ARC) Committee of the Nursing Council of Kenya and administratively to the Registrar/Chief Executive Officer.
He/she will be responsible for planning, executing and reporting on operational, financial, regulatory, risk based routine and adhoc / investigative audits/reviews of the Council and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Interested applicants for this position must have:
• Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors
• Minimum of Three (3) years' work experience as an Internal Auditor
• Highly analytical with demonstrable ability to prepare and present concise oral and written reports:
• Ability to develop & implement Internal Audit system
• Knowledge of principles of good corporate governance
• Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and communicate effectively
• Demonstrable managerial and leadership skills and demonstrable competences in Governance, Risk Management and Control (GRC); and
• Demonstrate experience in the Implementation of the Institutional Risk Management.
Candidates interested in these positions are expected to obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions: Kenya Revenue Authority. Higher Education Loans Board, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct) and Credit Reference Bureau
If you meet the criteria outlined above, please send your application and attach a detailed CV, copies of National Identity Card and current pay slip, relevant copies of testimonials and certificates, your day time contact, and contacts of three referees, not later than Close of Business 24th February 2017 24th February 2017
Registrar/CEO Nursing Council of Kenya P.O. Box 20056-00200 Nairobi
Email Address: email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to disqualification.