If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
Documentation Supervisor Job Responsibilities
- Delivering Top Class Customer service in terms of issuance of B/Ls, D/Os quickly and efficiently.
- Overseeing prompt and error free submission of Manifest to Customs and liaising with KRA, KPA, KMA, Kentrade and other Authorities.
- Handling mail communication with overseas offices, Principals and customers, promptly.
- Handling documentation of Transhipment containers.
- Handling queries from KRA and other Governmental agencies.
- Scrutinizing and approving vendor payments.
- Analyzing reports and taking appropriate action.
Requirements for the Documentation Supervisor Job
- 10-15 years in shipping Line Documentation
- Must live in or be willing to live in Mombasa Kenya
Salary will be commensurate with experience
go to method of application »
The Finance Manager is responsible for budgeting and cash flow management, managing all financial documentation, effect payments, evaluation and reporting activities related to the company’s program in Kenya.
Finance Manager Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure financial/accounting activity is carried out in accordance with the company’s accounting policies.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records for all financial transactions in an organized and professional manner.
- Ensure the program adheres to Government of Kenya’s laws, including financial reporting, tax, labour and proper registration with all relevant authorities as required. Identify areas for financial and administrative improvement and work with Country Program Manager to implement those improvements. Keep Country Program or Project Manager abreast of Kenyan legal requirements for the association’s operations.
- Maintain close and cooperative working relationships with financial staff, Value Chain and Capacity Building
- managers, and KFPs.
- Provide support to project management and finance staff, and partners in the form of training and regular follow-up/review to ensure that Financial and Legal procedures are being implemented and are readily understood by all staff.
- Work with senior management to develop and meet operating plans and budgets.
Perform and/or supervise daily functions including recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, maintain cash and bank ledgers, monitor cash advances and field expense reports, reconcile cash on hand and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Ensure all cash is reconciled on a minimum weekly basis, reporting any over/under to the Field Project
- Manager and investigate any over/under situations.
- Administer all cash advances to employees and KFPs, reconciling all receipts and remaining cash at month’s end.
- Review financial transactions for the association’s operations as appropriate (includes vouchers, Cash
- Advances, transfers, etc.). Ensure adequate cash flow for operations and safety of financial resources at all locations.
- Provide required weekly & monthly financial reports by specified deadlines to the Country Program or Project Manager and the HQ.
- Manage successfully all audit requirements of and coordinate with auditors from the Government of Kenya, the association’s headquarters and DFTAD.
- Provides overall supervision to the finance staff and partner finance staff. Takes part in the national leadership team and assists in ensuring the success of the association in Kenya through motivation, direction, review and feedback of assigned tasks.
- Finance Pillars: Ensure control, monitoring and execution of all financial and related activities within the country, like yearly budgeting, administration, planning & control, ICT, procurement and logistics in line with all applicable legislations and regulations, applicable guidelines and strategies and Project agreements
- Financial Planning and Control Cycle: Prepare and communicate on budgets, formulate, communicate and monitor procedures, guidelines and work instructions for financial administration for the portfolios, within the guidelines of the regional controller and corporate standards
- Financial Administration and Accounting: Check and consolidate financial data for the country/portfolios/funds, ensure processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable, tax related requirements, carry out reconciliation of administrations, manage the ledger accounts as well as manage and maintain cash and liquidity levels, aligned to financial regulations, the association’s financial standards and guidelines of the HQ Controller, and ensure relevant registration and documentation and archiving
- Information Services: Provide financial data and analyses to relevant internal and external parties as input for further decision-making and handling as well as answer questions regarding financial administration and data, based on requests and (corporate or regional) procedures as well as monitor the delivery of ICT services within the country, based on the Service Level Agreement with the external service provider and corporate ICT services
- Internal Control: Conduct internal compliance and control assessments, identify and address risk areas and implement measures to minimize the risk of irregularities, coordinate audits, based on corporate and regional compliance and audit procedures and in consultation with HQ controller and Project Managers
- Logistics and Purchasing: Analyse major investments and cost accounts, ensure, oversee and approve on procurement and maintenance of equipment, assets and means of transport, and the relevant contracts and leases as well as logistics and travel arrangements, balancing user requirements and business needs and budget, and aligned to corporate procurement guidelines and authorization levels
- Management Reporting: Collect, review and analyse and interpret (trends in) financial and non-financial data, draft financial and administrative reports on country/portfolio/fund/donor financial and non-financial indicators, using the corporate and Project/ donor reporting formats and within guidelines of the HQ Financial controller
Qualifications for the Finance Manager Job
- Bachelors of Commerce, in Accounting or Business Management with minimum of 5 years in experience in international standards of project accounting, financial management including budgeting, grants and contracts.
- Certified Public Accountant with valid membership, 3+ post qualification experience.
- Master of Business Administration, Grant Management Certification and senior experience as a chief financial officer.
- Strong experience with international audit requirements
- Working knowledge of major donor funded operations, finance services and practices
- Excellent computer skills in Excel & ACCPAC software.
- Experience in managing International Donor financial reports and relationships, especially desirable is experience with Canadian donors
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Swahili
- Creates an effective work environment though exceptional interpersonal, communication, teambuilding and relationship building skills
- Proven experience in Team management, through delegation, clear assignment of responsibilities, provision of sufficient authority and budget, and performance assessment.
- Results and solution oriented approaches that demonstrate accountability and commitment
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize stakeholders and lead and facilitate collaborative processes.
- Proven and adaptable interpersonal and cross cultural communication skills.
- Good leadership skills with particular skills to work as a catalyst and facilitator.
- Direct private sector experience is desirable
- Sector experience in agriculture/agribusiness is desirable.
- Prior work experience in Kenya
- Appreciation and support of the association’s faith, values, mission and purpose.
Supervisor: Field Project Manager
go to method of application »
The role supports the continued push to create an overall high level of regional satisfaction from our travelers.
This position is also responsible in contributing to special projects and the overall administration of the Nairobi office and its tours, as well as assisting in managing passenger emergencies.
Administrative Supervisor Job Responsibilities
- Execute new, amended and cancelled bookings to all hotels and service providers
- Prepare accurate passenger rooming and name lists to hotels and service providers and manage last minute requests for bookings and numerous general enquiries from the sales department
- Main point of contact for regional sales enquiries relating to our safaris & tours
- Maintain FIT/Group tour requests from the Sales department.
- Ensure all hotels/suppliers have the necessary welcome notes and information for incoming passengers prior to arrival
- Ensure trip costs are accurate including monitoring tour leader trip costs and supplier trip costs and conveying any updates to Regional Manager, Buying Manager and Accounting department
- Create good relationships with our active suppliers in East Africa and Madagascar
- Action the regional emergency phone for all passenger and field emergency issues
- Training with new supplier on any system updates
- Co ordinate with the Tour leader Manager on booking information and changes
- Develop and achieve other duties and projects as required by East Africa Regional Operations Manager
- Act as an ambassador and role model of the G Adventures Core Values and Culture
Qualifications for the Administrative Supervisor Job
- Required 2+ years in a similar role in Tourism Industry demonstrated with sound references
- Extensive regional knowledge and travel experience
- Superior problem solving skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Proven time management skills and quick turn around
- Extensive Customer Service experience dealing with travelers
- Knowledge of the East African tourism market, product and operations preferred
- Charismatic with ability to motivate others
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and manage a team of remote staff
- Highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage a crisis and take responsibility for the safety of others
- Customer service oriented with solid teamwork abilities
- Strong office administration and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work recognizing the demands of deadlines and schedules
- Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint/Keynote and written communication
- Driven and motivated by a dynamic, fast-paced environment where change is the norm
- Positive and Innovative attitude
- Legally permitted to live and work in Kenya.
go to method of application »
The Programme Coordinator will be responsible for end to end delivery of manufacturing cohorts:
- Mobilisation of candidates.
- Training of delivery partner staff in Generation methodology.
- Preparation of new training centres.
- Quality assurance.
- Managing relationships with employer partners during training and after placement.
- Post-graduation support of candidates.
- Overall coordination of the programme.
- Being primary point of contact between Generation Kenya and delivery partners, students and employers.
- Collecting industry requirements and communicating employer outlooks, while generating placement prior to start of cohort.
- Understanding various job roles of sewing machine operators and competencies associated with them
- Building and maintaining relationships with employer partners, including prospecting and onboarding of new companies
- Ensuring that all regulatory requirements and funder demands are met at the centre and student level
- Monitoring performance of delivery partner and students during bootcamp and after placement.
- Preparing training centres by ensuring the readiness of all classroom materials (e.g. computers, chairs, boards), utilities (e.g. electricity, internet, toilets), signage, materials for field exercises (e.g. water, detergent), etc. before the start of each program.
- Training/management of centre staff – ensuring staff (coaches, teaching assistants) are prepared before program begins, assisting them in solving problems, organising weekly staff meetings, ensuring compliance with Generation’s monitoring tools and processes.
- Overseeing the planning and execution of youth mobilisation and screening, from supervising use of different mobilization platforms (print, social media, community mobilizers), to ensuring quality execution of screening process (information sessions, literacy/numeracy tests, 1:1 interviews, and registration).
- Coordinating logistics of day-to-day running of programs, including distribution of programme schedule and materials to instructors and students, support of field exercise logistics, supervision of use of grading tools (scorecard and assistance tracker), etc.
- Scheduling and managing employer presentations for candidates, organizing employer interview days, and coordinating with employers once job placements have been made
- Maintaining database with student information and programme records before and after placement, ensuring candidate performance follow-up and maintaining contact with all alumni
- Solving for consistent programme and process improvement.
- Collecting, synthesizing and responding to feedback on the programme and the curriculum from students and employers.
- Problem-solving on updates to curriculum and operational improvements.
Skills / Mindsets Required
- Availability to travel.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of direct supervisory management experience.
- Experience preparing youth for employment.
- Able to lead interactions and meetings with employers
- Experience in apparel/garment manufacturing with understanding of working on the factory floor.
- “Do-er” mind-set, with a passion for the start-up environment, fast changing priorities and achieving challenging goals
- Well-developed sense of attention to detail
- Interest in working in a fast growing organization and being an integral part of aggressive scale
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player.
Method of Application
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2682”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2682 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 20th February 2017
N.B. * You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793. If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer