Job Opportunities at Norwegian Refugee Council
Posted on: 3 July, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council
(NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Store Keeper Job Responsibilities
- Receive materials and supplies, store them in assigned locations and distribute them according to NRC procedures
- Maintain records of all incoming and outgoing materials
- Supervise packing, loading and unloading of all materials
- Ensure availability of storage space and maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the warehouse at all times
- Ensure safety and security of materials
- Ensure that only authorized staff are allowed to enter the warehouse and receive supplies or materials
- Prepare periodic stock reports and assist in carrying out periodic inventory audits
- Immediately report losses, damages or discrepancies
- Oversee the receiving, storage and dispatching of supplies and project materials to the respective camps
- Ensure effective and efficient logistics support for daily Area operations including procurement and supplies on the assigned project(s), all being implemented in accordance within the policies and standards, as well as approved budgets
- Ensure that all records including inventory lists of NRC items and equipment are updated and easily available to authorized users
- Ensure that the periodic inventory reports are prepared as required internally by NRC and/or by donors i.e monthly, quarterly, and yearly.
- Assign duties, supervise casuals and incentive staffs
- Responsible for organization storage and warehouse of equipment and materials including proper use documents and monitoring and reporting stock level
Qualifications for the Store Keeper Job
- Higher National Diploma in Business Administration or Logistics with basic accounting knowledge
- At least National Certificate level training in Purchasing and Supplies preferred
- At least 2 years Experience in similar field
Project Officer Job Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with ICLA CC strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards.
- Responsible for implementation of technical activities in the ICLA project in Kakuma
- Responsible for tracking of financial expenditures of the project.
- Responsible for the quality control and monitoring of the Voluntary Return activities.
- Responsible for Voluntary Return project documentation.
- Provide technical support and capacity building towards project staff.
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Responsible for updating of Somali country of origin information to ensure it is relevant and accurate.
- Responsible for the quality assurance of the translation of the information in Somali language and production of high quality pamphlets.
- Ensure regular information sharing, mine risk awareness and HLP awareness for returnees.
- Ensure all returnees have received return assistance package at departure from Kakuma.
- Develop ICLA proposals, ensure effective implementation and documentation of lessons learnt. Ensure proper project budget monitoring and efficient utilization of the funds.
- Supervise, evaluate and appraise the Project Assistant(s), providing technical guidance when needed.
Qualifications for the Project Officer Job
- University graduate in Law or Social Work with 2 years Experience in related field.
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Core competency expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Norwegian Refugee CouncilSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunity at Greenpeace
- Job Vacancies at International Maize and Wheat Improvement
- External Auditor at Forum for International Cooperation
- Job Opening at Conservation International
- Programme Quality Manager at Christain Blind Mission
- Fresh Vacancies at OGRA Foundation - 4 Positions
- Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant at RTI InternationalRTI International
- Accountant at Ujamaa Africa