If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Sheer Logic Management Consultants (SLMC) was incorporated in 1997 as a limited liability company whose overall aim is to provide Human Resource consultancy and training services to a diverse set of industries and economic sectors; both private and public. Our Mission Improve the operational effectiveness of our client, by developing solutions that build the internal capacities and capabilities. Our Vision To become an integrated Centre of Excellence in Management Advisory, Training and Organizational Development within Eastern and Central Africa.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining company accounts and report to the company director.
The accounting aspect of the role is expected to take 50% of the individual’s time with the remainder time to be focused on sales.
The goal is to meet and surpass the company’s expectations to drive rapid and sustainable growth. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic with great people skills and strong in persuading and negotiating.
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Send monthly client statements & follow up on cheque payments.
- Knowledge and able user of QuickBooks and Tally.
- Required to liaise with international suppliers and manage import process, including IDF, payments, customs duty / vat, etc.
- Ensure timely payment of all statutory returns such as PAYE, VAT etc.
- Oversee preparation of the monthly payroll, relevant statutory returns and explain any variations in payroll from one month to the other.
- Liaise with the Directors to determine accurately the company’s gross profit performance (cost analysis) for each site.
- Receive supplier’s invoices, assign correct codes, batch them and post them into the system after they are reviewed by the Director.
- Posting of LPOs on the accounting software.
- Record all transfers received by the company through the bank.
- Accurately update the cash book and prepare bank and general ledger reconciliations.
- File finance related documents and accounting records to ensure easy tracing.
- Follow up on suppliers to provide invoices and monthly statements.
- Review and query petty cash payments.
- Check petty cash vouchers for proper authorization and acknowledgment of cash by recipients and ensure proper posting of the same.
- Ensure filing of copies of all documents supporting payments into relevant files.
- Promptly obtain new tax guidelines for each year from the Income Tax Department or whenever tax changes are announced to ensure that deductions are correct and are paid in a timely manner at all times.
- Oversee proper recording of debtors and creditors and ensure the reconciliation of their balances.
- Provide necessary information/documents required by auditors from time to time.
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Requirements for the Accountant Job
- Proven experience as an accountant or relevant role
- Understanding & Background of the Food and Beverage industry, ideally with an established network
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent knowledge in MS Office
- Understanding of KRA systems with regards to VAT payments, etc.
- Self-motivated and results-driven approach
- High school Degree
- Ability to network
- Attention to detail
Method of Application
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 14th July 2017 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: email@example.com clearly marking “Accountant”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Client is an Equal opportunity employer