Administrative and Finance Assistant at Project Concern International
Posted on: 27 July, 2017
Deadline: 21 August, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Project Concern International (PC
PCI's mission is to prevent disease, improve community health, and promote sustainable development throughout the world. Founded in 1961, PCI is an international development and humanitarian assistance organization dedicated to promoting community health and integrated development worldwide. PCI is headquartered in San Diego, CA, and currently operates in 16 countries in Asia, Africa, and the Americas. Sectoral focus areas include humanitarian assistance and disaster risk management; health and nutrition; water and sanitation; food and livelihood security; and disease prevention and mitigation. PCI serves nearly 5 million people annually.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Administrative work
- Draft and type routine correspondences
- Maintain filing and other office systems
- Handles communication including telephone, fax and email
- Assists in preparing programs for visitors, including hostel bookings, airport transfer, ticketing etc.
- Support in arranging travel schedules and related logistics (including fund monitoring), together with expense claims for staff
- Maintains office environment and stationary supplies with appropriate records
- Liaises with the appropriate units for repair, supply and maintenance of office facilities
- Completing procurement forms – procurement requests, purchase orders etc.
- Simple bid analysis
- Carrying out due diligence on suppliers
- Financial support
- Assists in processing financial requests- payment requests, travel advance request etc.
- Assist in completing expense reports
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Diploma in Secretarial Science & Office Management, Business Administration or other relevant field of study from a recognized university or college.
- Efficiency with use of (Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is essential
- Basic financial training- at least CPA1
- At least 2 years’ experience in as an administrative and finance assistance preferable for an NGO
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Good judgment and a high level of respect for confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work a nontraditional work schedule.
- Balance: combining patience, empathy, and honesty with the assertiveness, clout and drive to see any job through to the end.
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment
- Solution orientated
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
- A passion for the mission and values of PCI.
- Participate in PCI’s innovation efforts and in teams on innovation initiatives.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Project Concern International (PCI) career website on pciglobal-openhire.silkroad.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Project Concern International (PCI)Similar Jobs
- Communication and Knowledge Management (CKM) Officer at International Potato Center (CIP)
- Regional Director at INTERSOS
- Consultancy at UNICEF
- Migration Specialist at Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Team Lead - Clinical Services at IMA World Health
- Project Officer at Haki Mashinani
- Volunteer Job at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Physiotherapist Trainer at Center for Victims of Torture