Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Officer Community Empowerment & Officer Health and Nutrition
Regional Coordinator Education Development Trust in Nairobi
One (1) Year Fixed Term Contract
Monthly Starting Salary - Kes 105,699
Group Medical Cover (1Principal + 2 Dependants)
Group Life Cover
Group Personal Accident Cover
The incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of the education programme in Nairobi County
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide leadership at school and community level implementation of education programme in Nairobi County, this includes:
· Generate and implement Education quarterly costed workplan
· Strengthen capacity of school systems and communities to improve attendance, learning outcomes and transition for the Most Vulnerable Children through a variety of Education pathways
· Strengthen capacity of school systems and communities to improve protection and safety for the Most Vulnerable Children
· Monitoring and evaluation and quality assurance of project activities
· Collecting and analyzing project monitoring data
· Maintain and update programme monitoring dashboard
· Project reporting, identification of case studies and change stories for documentation
· Represent Concern in County or Sub County level as applicable
· Manage the cash transfer and income generating component of the project
Responding to Emergencies:
· Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
· Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Programme Participant Protection Policy
· To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
A degree in education and at least three (3) years’ experience in Primary Education programming and demonstrate capacity in the following areas:
· A Trainer of Trainers in participatory and adult learning techniques
· Working knowledge of project cycle management, data management and analysis
· Good understanding of cross cutting issues - gender, HIV and AIDS, DRR
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams.
· Proficient in the use of computer applications
· Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili. Fluency in the local language is an added advantage.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the email as ‘Senior Officer – Education Nairobi’. The closing date for applications is Sunday, 13th August 2017.
Each application must include at least three referees who can validate technical expertise. Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Candidates who had applied earlier need not reapply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.