Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
Reporting to the Snr.Manager - Home Technology & Customer Support, the position holder will Provide Support and Maintenance of all the fiber infrastructure in the Region (SDC/Metro, FTTB and FTTH) and ensure connectivity to active equipment ONTs, ARs, OLTs and IPRAN in support of fixed and mobile backhaul requirements.
- To be a Single Point of Contact for Safaricom Fiber infrastructure Faults and Ensuring restorations are done to the original build specification;
- Providing Excellent Customer Experience by scheduling visits to resolve service issues for FTTH customers and ensure the contractors adhere to stipulated code of conduct at customer premises;
- Performing Network acceptance according to agreed Guidelines and checklist following the Delivery Milestones for Provisional, Operational and Final acceptance;
- To offer Fault Diagnosis, Prioritization, Oversee the resolution process, verify service restoration and provide root cause analysis of failure;
- To give Monthly preventive maintenance reporting and scheduling regular inspection of fiber and PM activities together with contractor;
- Analyzing the risk and Propose Fiber Relocation Plans in case of Road, water & sewerage expansion, Power Utilities, new building facilities and checking for Geological changes that will affect the current locations of fiber;
- Ensuring fiber network Resiliency and availability by Performing and documenting disaster recovery tests;
- Ensuring all maintenance works is done according to Safaricom Health & Safety policies and change Management process;
- Providing spares and materials forecast for maintenance works and overseeing Spares usage and availability in correct specification, Quantity and storage;
- Performing regular on ground Audits to maintain accurate database and NQMs on Fibre routes, Duct Usage, Manholes, cable usage, fiber cores utilization and labeling;
- To provide proper Supplier management to ensure lower MTTR through temporary restoration to bring up service within SLA and close on Permanent restoration;
- Working closely with Fiber Planning and implementation teams on new fiber works in the Region and Confirm the As-built network is per the work package;
- Managing spend associated with Maintenance projects by developing Opex savings initiatives;
- To act as the Safaricom representative in the Region towards the general public and local authorities (County Governments, KENHA, KURA, Railway) Landlords and other 3rd parties in managing permits and right of ways;
- Liaising with Safaricom Security teams in apprehending vandalisms;
- Safaricom Security teams in apprehending vandalisms;
· Degree in Electrical, Electronics ,Telecommunication Engineering, IT or related field;
· Work Experience of 3 years’ with specialized role in a busy telecommunications environment –Involved in installations /commissioning and maintenance;
· In-depth understanding of Transmission infrastructure deployment and Support life cycle will be an added advantage;
· Strong technical analysis, troubleshooting, and problem resolution skills,
· Strong relationship building skills;
Reporting to the Head of Partnerships and Engagement the position holder will be responsible for identifying and executing strategic partnership opportunities for the Safaricom Garage. The Strategic Partnerships Business Devt Lead will work with internal and external partners to develop innovative new commercially viable products, platforms and business models on which transformative products and services that will help millions of Kenyans will be built. (S)he will propose, structure, and execute strategic partnerships, joint ventures, investments, and acquisitions.
- Strategy Development: Collaborate with The Head of Strategic Partnerships, stakeholders across the Safaricom garage and corporate office (product, engineering, marketing, finance, legal) on development of business and product strategies, translate business and product strategies into partner strategies, and identify partnerships that can grow our business including how we can accelerate our product roadmap.
- Transaction Execution: Identify, evaluate, and prioritize specific inorganic opportunities in support of the broader partner strategy including developing the business case for a partnership (strategic rationales and economics), creatively structuring deal terms, and developing a negotiation strategy and leading negotiations. Communicate with all stakeholders at all stages of the deal process to secure buy-in and approvals. Drive deals to closure while maintaining a willingness to walk away from deals which do not meet business objectives or introduce an unacceptable risk.
- Deal Execution: Monitor deal performance and track efficacy relative to expectations post-close. Maintain ongoing relationship with partners to ensure compliance and commitments are fulfilled.
- External Partnerships: Maintain a network of relationships across the industry with partners, potential partners, competitors, investors, thought leaders, etc. Leverage relationships in opportunity identification and transaction execution. Plan and facilitate deep conversations with our partners to understand mutual opportunities, their requirements, pain points and ways to address these with relevant product offerings
- Industry Expertise: Be a very knowledgeable on competitive and market dynamics, product trends, start-ups (local and global) and technology trends (AI, IoT, VR/AR, Blockchain, Conversational systems, etc..) including how they can be applied with Kenya, Africa and the world as a whole.
· MBA or Engineering degree preferred, but not required
· Business strategy and market development expertise with deep analytical and business modelling skills.
· Passion for product, technology, and creating great customer experiences.
· Deep understanding how to create a new business offering from scratch via different forms of partnerships and strategic investments while keeping focus on market share and revenue growth.
· Deep understanding of the technology and telecommunications competitive landscape in Kenya and Africa as a whole.
· Strong knowledge of (and passion for) the global communication market and related technologies.
· Leading cross-disciplinary virtual teams and driving key business and market development initiatives from creation to implementation.
· Ability to lead, influence and drive results in a complex technical and business environment.
· Desire and ability to work in a start-up environment where processes, services and business models have not been fully defined.
· Ability to communicate and influence all levels from senior executives on down and all functions (such as engineering, marketing, finance and legal).
· Experience working with governments and international organizations.
· Excellent and creative written and oral communication skills. Outstanding problem-solving, negotiation, presentation, and selling skills.
· Strong analytical skills, with financial and business planning experience, including developing budgets, financial models and strategic analysis.
· Key interpersonal traits: motivation, creativity, adaptability, unquestionable ethics and integrity, and a willingness to take calculated risks.
· Expertise in structuring, negotiating, and managing complex commercial deals and acquisitions is nice to have but not a requirement.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.