If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
Responsible for: Teaching and supporting all designated classes in PE and promoting a healthy lifestyle
PE Teacher Job Responsibilities
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students
- To encourage the development of the Cambridge IGCSE and A-level learner profile
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher/Form Tutor if required.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- To collaborate with staff to support and develop the Cambridge IGCSE and A-level.
- To promote and encourage a healthy lifestyle for students and staff at the Academy
- To organise PE / Sport workshops for staff and parents when appropriate.
- To undertake a designated programme of teaching across all year groups as required.
- Teach consistently high quality lessons
- Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in PE
- To maintain appropriate records and to provide relevant accurate and up-to-date information for the school assessment system.
- To complete the relevant documentation to assist in the tracking of students .
- Set expectations for staff and students in relation to standards of achievement and the quality of learning & teaching.
- Prioritize and manage time effectively, ensuring continued professional development in line with the role.
- To follow the school policies and procedures.
- To ensure the effective/efficient deployment of classroom support where appropriate.
- To maintain discipline in accordance with the school procedures, and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework.
- Work with colleagues to develop activities that link with the units of inquiry where possible.
- Promote aspects of Personal Development related to PE
- Updating professional knowledge and expertise as appropriate to keep up to date with developments in teaching practice and methodology, in general, and in the curriculum area of PE.
Assessment, Feedback and Tracking:
- To lead, monitor and evaluate the assessment and feedback to students in line with whole school and department policy
- To follow department monitoring and tracking systems relating to students attainment, progress and achievement
- Mark, grade and give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback as required
- Undertake assessment of students as requested by external examination bodies, curriculum areas and school procedures
- Assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and to keep such records as are required
- Complete the relevant documentation to assist in the tracking of students
- To follow department policy regarding department tracking of student progress and use information to inform learning and teaching
- To communicate effectively with the parents of students as appropriate
- Where appropriate, to communicate and cooperate with persons or bodies outside the school.
- To follow agreed policies for communications in the school
- To take part in activities such as Open Days, Parents’ Evenings , Sports days etc. Book sports facilities ( like swimming pools, fields, tennis courts) and carry out the necessary administration as required.
Requirements for the PE Teacher Job
- Previous experience on a similar role from a recognized international school preferred.
- Must have experience in teaching Cambridge IGCSE P.E. curriculum.
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role.
go to method of application »
Your role is to build and execute the systems around our fundraising strategy from beginning to end and provide oversight over our marketing team.
You will prospect for new potential donors, build and execute cultivation and stewardship plans, and write proposals to drive ou growth. As part of the leadership team, you will play a role in shaping and financing the growth of the organization’s strategy.
This role will initially be based in Kenya, but there may be opportunities to take on a more senior donor-facing role over time in Kenya and/or the US as you build out your team.
Development Manager Job Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy to drive our growth
- Set and achieve realistic time-limited fundraising targets, agreed in consultation with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, and report on progress against these targets at regular quarterly meetings
- Build out, manage, and execute on our CRM (Pipedrive) to maximize effective engagement with existing supporters and take new contacts from “cradle to grave” (initial engagement to repeat giving)
- Ghost-write and send emails on behalf of the Executive Director and Board of Directors to cultivate new relationships and steward existing supporters
- Carry out prospect research to develop a comprehensive fundraising database that captures all relevant information, as well as handling all administrative aspects of fundraising
- Maintain a database of grant opportunities and take the lead in writing grants
- Lead the writing and execution of all our public fundraising campaigns
- Develop, host, and provide back-end logistics management of events in Kenya and the US to attract new supporters and donations
- Create a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio, with funding streams including individuals corporate, community, events, trust/foundations and other grant-makers, with appropriate priorities
Communication and Media (30%)
- Take overall responsibility for our brand and public presence
- Get us in the news and the public eye
- Take overall responsibility for the website, social media, annual reports, and all promotional materials
- Create a quarterly newsletter to share with supporters, partners, and funders
Qualifications for the Development Manager Job
- 3-5 years of experience securing funding for non-profits from a variety of different streams, preferably in the field of social innovation and entrepreneurship
- Consideration will be given to similar experience in a business development, public relations, or marketing role (essential)
- Demonstrated ability to understand and write for an international audience (essential)
- A strong portfolio of communication and awareness-raising material (essential)
- Excellent personal contacts and connections with potential major donors and supporters(desirable)
- A relevant qualification in fundraising, sales, or marketing (desirable)
- You are a systems-builder. You are a process-oriented person who loves building and automating systems to optimize efficient work. We have some systems already set up, but you will be asked to build more structures as the organization and your team grows
- You have excellent planning, time management and organizational abilities. You are meticulous in your attention to detail and your ability to build structure around chaos
Active management of our CRM will be an essential part of your role, and it will require constant attention
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You are an independent self-starter who flourishes in a changing environment and can manage yourself. You have excellent collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills
- You are curious to the end. You are a consummate researcher who enjoys hunting down that one, last, hidden piece of information that will help you find a new prospect,frame a message, or clinch the sale
- You make things happen. You have a proven track record of meeting targets on time and within budget. You are creative, solutions-oriented, and willing to put in the time it takes to do a great job. You follow through
Most of all, you believe in our vision and mission – the power of youth-led social businesses to transform Kenya
Method of Application
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2827”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2827 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 14th Aug 2017
N.B. * You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.