If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
SustaiNet Group Ltd. is a consulting firm providing development consulting services in Kenya and the East-African region.
We provide a wide range of consulting services to facilitate effective agricultural market-oriented and private sector-led development, delivery of environmental and climate services, and inclusive and transparent sector coordination in agriculture, rural development and environmental sectors.
We also provide logistic, HR and management support services to international consulting companies exploring opportunities and implementing projects in the region.
We also host the Shiriki House office community at our office premises.
Under the overall supervision of the project team leader, the Admin/Finance Manager will perform the following tasks;
- Type, process and file correspondence, reports and other materials.
- Develop and maintain effective filing, archiving and record keeping systems, both paper and electronic.
- Pro-actively manage the Organization emails, in-tray and diary of the Team Leader and ensure appropriate priority is given and action is taken in response.
- Handling of confidential information and sensitive issues reliably.
- Make suitable and efficient travel arrangements for field staff, board members and any visitor and undertake all associated administration. Management of local travel schedules and project vehicles.
- Support and host visitors from the region and elsewhere – arranging inductions and other programmes for them ensuring high level of care.
- Data entry using software such as Excel and Access.
- Organization and preparation of meetings and take minutes/report on such meetings.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure efficient, timely and accurate recording and payment of accounts payable.
- Thorough audit of all transactions at point of entry ensuring appropriate purchase order matching, credit terms and adherence to appropriate authorization and budget confirmation and clearance.
- Process all bank payments and receipts ensuring all cash inflows and outflows are properly recorded and bank accounts are reconciled at the end of each month.
- Process monthly recurring journals and end month journals and ensure all expenses for the month are posted.
- Ensure complete documentations and audit trails for each transaction is maintained, filled and easily retrieved.
- Ensure financial statements are accurate and that they reflect the position of the organization and documentation is complete and ready for audit.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborate with respective donor agency in accounting and financial reporting as outlined in a duly signed agreement.
- Collaborate with other departments to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Respond to enquiries from the Team Leader regarding financial and special reporting requests.
- Assist in development and implement of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met with accurate and timely reporting of financial information on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Business Administration
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with an NGO or Donor funded programmes
- The incumbent must have strong communication and analytical abilities
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
go to method of application »
We are looking to recruit a Field Facilitator who will work directly under the under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Coordinator.
He / She will be responsible for field support to SustaiNet supported community projects and to work alongside community leaders to set-up, implement, monitor and close projects in Busia County.
Specific tasks will include;
- Oversee spring well project activities in Busia region and any other relevant project that will have been acquired in the course of this contract duration within the same region.
- Recruitment of community groups and individual beneficiaries participating in the project activities using the approved eligibility criteria and maintaining a proper database of the same.
- Directly implement all the proposed inclusive value chains through recruitment of clients, monitoring of progress and uptake and ensuring progressive reporting to the supervisor.
- Identification of potential spring wells for construction in consultation with the county director of water
- Mobilization of target communities, establishment of water user groups and strengthen of governance structures
- Coordination and supervision of the spring well construction
- Training of the target community on WASH in close collaboration with the county WASH coordinator
- Training of the spring well committees on maintenance and catchment conservation
- Formation of community management groups and facilitating training of such groups in group management, financial literacy, Business entrepreneurship and good agricultural practices including post-harvest handling and distribution of inputs and any other resources as may be determined by the immediate supervisor.
- Development and maintenance of beneficiaries’ database using the approved project template
- Carrying out needs assessment of a community before the initiation of a project
- Preparing and submitting to the supervisor all the defined monthly technical reports, BTOR’s capturing main achievements, lessons learnt, challenges and recommendations within the framework of every work plan.
- Strengthening of project portfolio through collaboration with stakeholders in the respective projects by organizing of such meetings or direct involvement with other stakeholders or representing the Programme Coordinator where necessary in strategic county meetings.
- Undertake proper maintenance and use of assigned project assets and resources.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
- Diploma in Social sciences, development studies and Agriculture
- A degree in social sciences, development studies or agriculture would be an added advantage
- Experience in community development, training on WASH
- The incumbent must have strong communication abilities, networking and training skills are essential.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili, both written and spoken.
- Preferably a resident of Busia or someone willing to relocate to Busia
Method of Application
Interested persons should forward their Application Letter with Curriculum Vitae, Educational Certificates and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th December 2017. Indicate current and expected salary. Applicants should indicate the position title on their application letters and email submissions. If you have not heard from us by 20th December 2017 consider your application having not been successful.